Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people,

I'm a 22-year-old, Native American female from Michigan. My username is derived from an ancestor's name. I'm an event manager. I first discovered MBTI in college and I always test as an INTJ on online tests, but after doing some research on the cognitive functions I am trying to better understand my personal relationship with Fi and Si to make sure I'm not an INFP or, far less likely, an ISTJ. I'd like to learn my type in the other systems, like the Enneagram, while I'm here also. I have tested as ILI in Socionics.

I have a variety of interests, so you may see me in different forums around. I'm interested in fitness, Crossfit in particular, political theory, art, philosophical and religious discussions, animals, and that's enough for now.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Hello there. Welcome to the Personalitycafe forums. Do not be afraid to ask any questions in order to understand yourself better, a lot of the people here are very friendly. To give a bit of advice, be sure to thoroughly study the functions more, but more importantly, learn how they manifest in each position. Dom Si, Aux Si, Tert Si, and Inferior Si appear in different ways. The same goes for every function. I believe, that would lead to a sure way of figuring out your personality type.

Reactions: Little Bee

·
Spam-I-am
13,657 Posts
:sighlol::sighlol::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::smilewoot::smilewoot::smilewoot::brocoli::brocoli::brocoli::brocoli::redcard::redcard::redcard::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:

oh and kill whitey

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@Xcopy any suggestions for reading material that discusses how the functions manifest in the different positions? I have seen Si in particular described conflictingly by different people. I'm virtually certain of my use of the Te-Fi axis, but I can't in good conscience totally rule out potential Si preference until I understand it better.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Good luck getting stimulating discourse from the critical thinking and current events section.

Welcome, though. The INTJ sticky threads are nice.

Is your fam originally from the pacific northwest?

·
Registered
746 Posts
@Xcopy any suggestions for reading material that discusses how the functions manifest in the different positions? I have seen Si in particular described conflictingly by different people. I'm virtually certain of my use of the Te-Fi axis, but I can't in good conscience totally rule out potential Si preference until I understand it better.
Certainly, this is one of the many sources I've had to look through. : The Principles of Cognitive Function Theory @MBTI-notes - Type Theory

I

·
Registered
398 Posts
Greeting, INTJ Native American

I happen to be part Cherokee Indian but not as well acquainted with the culture itself, but still intrigued by it. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the welcome.

Good luck getting stimulating discourse from the critical thinking and current events section.

Welcome, though. The INTJ sticky threads are nice.

Is your fam originally from the pacific northwest?
What made you think that, my avatar? All my people are Anishinaabe (mainly Ojibwe a.k.a. Chippewa), so we're native to the midwest and Ontario. I belong to the Crane clan, so the imagery appealed to me.

Certainly, this is one of the many sources I've had to look through. : MBTI-notes - Type Theory
I started reading this last night right after you posted the link. Informative site and the process of elimination still points to INTJ. I answered yes to most of the Ni questions, but I think only one Si question. I do think I've developed my Fi some. At its core it lets me know what is worth investing time into for my Ni and Te.

Greeting, INTJ Native American

I happen to be part Cherokee Indian but not as well acquainted with the culture itself, but still intrigued by it. Welcome to the forum.
Real Cherokee or like Elizabeth Warren because her mother has high cheekbones? Seriously though a lot of tribes have descendants who are otherwise white. I know we do.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Hello people,

I'm a 22-year-old, Native American female from Michigan. My username is derived from an ancestor's name. I'm an event manager. I first discovered MBTI in college and I always test as an INTJ on online tests, but after doing some research on the cognitive functions I am trying to better understand my personal relationship with Fi and Si to make sure I'm not an INFP or, far less likely, an ISTJ. I'd like to learn my type in the other systems, like the Enneagram, while I'm here also. I have tested as ILI in Socionics.

I have a variety of interests, so you may see me in different forums around. I'm interested in fitness, Crossfit in particular, political theory, art, philosophical and religious discussions, animals, and that's enough for now.
Welcome! Your writing is soft for an INTJ, meaning you are not an extreme case of those functions, in all likelihood.

I am curious if you were exposed to the spirituality of your tribe and how you saw that in your life with respect to philosophy and truth.

Buzz, @Little Bee, buzz.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Hello people,

Welcome to the boards.

Your proactive engagement with Fi is interesting to me, given that you're Native American. I respect the interest in your ancestry in choosing your username, too. I've wondered if there was a trend among indigenous INTJs (who are exposed to cultures that are more collectivist-orientated than individualistic) for seeing their emotions as more integral and being less likely to deny their influence than INTJs who aren't exposed to collectivist cultural influences in their upbringing. Though, perhaps being female might also play a role in embracing emotional intelligence, given the influence of gender roles. Maybe you'll be one of the more emotionally mature INTJs on here. In any case, I wish you good luck with your self-exploration here.

-Native New Zealander INTJ

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome! Your writing is soft for an INTJ, meaning you are not an extreme case of those functions, in all likelihood.

I am curious if you were exposed to the spirituality of your tribe and how you saw that in your life with respect to philosophy and truth.

Buzz, @Little Bee, buzz.
How do you see my writing style soft as being for an INTJ? It is more a dichotomy based thing or just your general observation of typical INTJs?

As for the second statement, to an extent. I don't want to be too long winded, but in short our main and still surviving traditional faith is called Midewiwin, but much of my reservation and tribe in general is now Christian. I'm personally more intrigued by our traditional beliefs and have attended some of the gatherings. Unlike many of the reservations in the west we're very much exposed to and surrounded by American culture, yet I still have no doubt my more unique upbringing had an impact on me in some ways I probably am even unaware of.

Welcome to the boards.

Your proactive engagement with Fi is interesting to me, given that you're Native American. I respect the interest in your ancestry in choosing your username, too. I've wondered if there was a trend among indigenous INTJs (who are exposed to cultures that are more collectivist-orientated than individualistic) for seeing their emotions as more integral and being less likely to deny their influence than INTJs who aren't exposed to collectivist cultural influences in their upbringing. Though, perhaps being female might also play a role in embracing emotional intelligence, given the influence of gender roles. Maybe you'll be one of the more emotionally mature INTJs on here. In any case, I wish you good luck with your self-exploration here.

-Native New Zealander INTJ
Hi. That would make for an interesting study. In addition I'm fairly certain my mother is Fi dominant, so I'm certain that contributed to my development of the function. There is a sort of a push and pull sometimes between my need for efficiency and need to be true to my values that's probably especially noticeable when on the job. Noticeable internally to me anyway.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
How do you see my writing style soft as being for an INTJ? It is more a dichotomy based thing or just your general observation of typical INTJs?
Over the years of my life, I have developed an ability to read personality traits, MBTI and enneagram, from the writings of people. I have even retyped people using their writing.

INTJ are often terse with a very clipped style. They almost always use more difficult words than most people (points for dichotomy in this last bit). But your flow is too smooth, trending organic, a trait almost NEVER found in INTJs. When I read INTJ I often get the feeling there is a large collection of tied off concepts backing what they are saying. Their mind is steadfastly made up on many issues. I have met only a few that surprise me as meaningfully flexible.

I suppose that I would characterize INTJs often as cold seeming, intentionally unaware of or avoidant of emotive content in their communication. You certainly do not do that. You do have the going on an on about details and a very pleasing depth of information that is factual and confident in expression so that part totally fits.

I have always wondered if occidental upbringing made INTJs even more digital than they were elsewhere and what the factors might be that would loosen the rigidity of their perspective. As an ENTP myself, I have many INTJ friends, but I reach an impasse with them often enough working to try to help them experience new things and think of new ways to approach thought. My INTP friends and acquaintances are oddly even less flexible. But there is only a tiny sampling of those. The Nihilism I get from most INTJs is severe and often worn on the sleeve, which is to say, something they lead with in every interpersonal interaction almost as a shield against too much emotion.

Anyway, again, welcome!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Thanks for the welcome.

What made you think that, my avatar? All my people are Anishinaabe (mainly Ojibwe a.k.a. Chippewa), so we're native to the midwest and Ontario. I belong to the Crane clan, so the imagery appealed to me.
Yeah, your avi. It reminded me of a blue version of Chinookan art I used to see in Oregon.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Over the years of my life, I have developed an ability to read personality traits, MBTI and enneagram, from the writings of people. I have even retyped people using their writing.

INTJ are often terse with a very clipped style. They almost always use more difficult words than most people (points for dichotomy in this last bit). But your flow is too smooth, trending organic, a trait almost NEVER found in INTJs. When I read INTJ I often get the feeling there is a large collection of tied off concepts backing what they are saying. Their mind is steadfastly made up on many issues. I have met only a few that surprise me as meaningfully flexible.

I suppose that I would characterize INTJs often as cold seeming, intentionally unaware of or avoidant of emotive content in their communication. You certainly do not do that. You do have the going on an on about details and a very pleasing depth of information that is factual and confident in expression so that part totally fits.

I have always wondered if occidental upbringing made INTJs even more digital than they were elsewhere and what the factors might be that would loosen the rigidity of their perspective. As an ENTP myself, I have many INTJ friends, but I reach an impasse with them often enough working to try to help them experience new things and think of new ways to approach thought. My INTP friends and acquaintances are oddly even less flexible. But there is only a tiny sampling of those. The Nihilism I get from most INTJs is severe and often worn on the sleeve, which is to say, something they lead with in every interpersonal interaction almost as a shield against too much emotion.

Anyway, again, welcome!
I always thought ISTPs were viewed as the terse ones. I know it's been limited, but what would you type me as based on your exposure to my writing style thus far?

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
I always thought ISTPs were viewed as the terse ones. I know it's been limited, but what would you type me as based on your exposure to my writing style thus far?
Well as the highest issue, I see more idea based organic flow typical of INTP and I also feel a less determined, more emotive T than just pure. So, for instance, if you had one of those percentage charts, I would guess you were almost balanced on J-P scale and at least a fair bit off of extreme T on the T-F scale.

I myself am an ENTP, my N being 100%, my P being around 70%, and my T unconvincing at only 55%. Just for completeness I am 90% E as tested, but many of my E friends think I am an introvert (makes no sense).

It is worth noting that many women who are INTJs are extremists even more than most men who are. The woman Aimee on Big Bang Theory is a more prevalent female INTJ to me than Sheldon is as guy. Incidentally, Sheldon is an unusual theorist as they would often be INTPs. I have no idea how common that juxtaposition is in real life. Anyway, such characterizations are exaggerated to be sure in any case. ....

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well as the highest issue, I see more idea based organic flow typical of INTP and I also feel a less determined, more emotive T than just pure. So, for instance, if you had one of those percentage charts, I would guess you were almost balanced on J-P scale and at least a fair bit off of extreme T on the T-F scale.

I myself am an ENTP, my N being 100%, my P being around 70%, and my T unconvincing at only 55%. Just for completeness I am 90% E as tested, but many of my E friends think I am an introvert (makes no sense).

It is worth noting that many women who are INTJs are extremists even more than most men who are. The woman Aimee on Big Bang Theory is a more prevalent female INTJ to me than Sheldon is as guy. Incidentally, Sheldon is an unusual theorist as they would often be INTPs. I have no idea how common that juxtaposition is in real life. Anyway, such characterizations are exaggerated to be sure in any case. ....
For the sake of argument, if what I believe to be Ni and Fi was Ti, then I couldn't explain my behaviors I attribute to Te, such as my orderliness, interest in fitness and degree in management consulting.

As far extremism goes, I wouldn't label myself as one. For instance, I often see activism as pointless, because it's rarely based around a plan of growing awareness or convincing people, but it's more like they just keep shouting something that preaches to the choir and annoys everyone else. That's a waste of time to me. I have no interest in the complaining, but in finding and executing a workable solution.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts