Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not an ISTP , how can I be if my first two functions are either Te or Ni? Fe may be my weakest and my Se and Ti are strong but who cares? Ni and Te are at the top. I'm an xNTJ, I have hit another brick wall: INTJs have low Se and ENTJs have low Fi so wth?...My function order is probably: Te, Ni, Ti, Se, Fi, Si, Ne, Fe.
I don't know which comes first of the two; Te or Ni.Te comes first in tests but that barely means a thing. So, I hope this is the last step. Finding out if I'm extroverted or introverted. My first two cognitive functions are important considering I'm only 17 so that function order up there could barely mean a thing since I'm only developing two. Well first of all since I hit 12-13 I wanted to be alone a lot more just to think. I was progressing an interest in ideas, looking more for hidden meanings in things, everyone around me noticed the change, too. I'd go up to bed early at home and avoid watching a movie just so I could day dream. I realised how much I loved to day dream. I think this difference may've been Ni making it's way into me.This could mean that maybe Te is my dominant function. I can't be too sure because I always had those ah-hah moments, those sudden arrivals at answers that come randomly.

I hate and always have hated being alone, there is nothing worse or scarier imo. But I'm so easily annoyed by people! If I'm in good company it's different - even afterwards it makes me happy and energetic for days. I never get "drained" if I'm in good company. Most people bore me, small talk annoys the crap out of me. It's rare that I'm interested in a person (Aren't ENTJs supposed to be interested in people and interested in their viewpoints etc?). I'm surrounded by teeny-boppers and end end up here just to wash the bad taste out of my mouth. I'd rather talk to people I can't meet in person than I would talk to them it seems. When I'm in company with these people I usually have my mouth shut, but I can't let my mind wander :( I actually listen to the shit they're talking about. I have a disease where I have to listen to everything someone says (imagine how annoying this is around ExFPs)jk I have a feeling that may be related, don't know why. To an outsider I can seem extroverted because I'm not afraid of anyone, confident, assertive, aggressive and admittedly I can be a bit abrasive. I also love being the centre of attention and don't avoid it, public speaking doesn't scare me at all. No I don't think all these traits make one an extrovert - I think to an outsider they could. I can seem like an introvert for not talking much, blowing people off and hating people. No I don't think this makes one introverted once again.

Thing is I can't stand being inside my own mind for too long! I'll do anything just to avert my thoughts to something external. I'm more focused on the outside world than on my own ideas and thoughts and feelings. I'm more objective than I am subjective and that hints at my dominant cognitive function being an extroverted one right? I'm an 8w7, they're always described as being "highly extroverted and outgoing", that would contradict the INTJ personality. Am I highly extroverted and outgoing? I wouldn't say highly extroverted, I know I have a part of me that's highly extroverted. Am I outgoing? No, but I sure as hell want to be. I want nothing more than to be surrounded by social connections. The problem is...I don't give a fuck about barely anyone. I personally think I'm an introverted extrovert, but I'm considering other options because I've been wrong about mbt before. So there's all the details, a lot I know but please try and help. I just want to find my type. Why? Simple reason: It's fucking bugging me not knowing. I need confirmation if I'm going to be on this site. It's only three paragraphs! :D

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
I totally don't get an entj vibe from you. I have nothing to back this up.. its just the general feel. Lol. Hope that helps! :tongue:

Reactions: Aßbiscuits

·
(ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧
5,108 Posts
It sounds like you're an INTJ but you're close on the E/I scale.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Hmmmmmm.

Functionally, I'd lean toward ENTJ, but Fi is annoying and difficult to read in people, so I could be wrong.

Temperamentally, you don't vibe like an ENTJ...definitely more INTJ.

But yeah....In retrospect, you don't seem like an ISTP at all.

·
(ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧
5,108 Posts
MBTI is not a perfect system and I think that most people will find that they don't fit exactly into any particular type. For example, I don't really fit well into any type but INFP is the closest I can get.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
MBTI is not a perfect system and I think that most people will find that they don't fit exactly into any particular type. For example, I don't really fit well into any type but INFP is the closest I can get.
In what ways do you not fit into the INFP type?

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
I hate and always have hated being alone, there is nothing worse or scarier imo. But I'm so easily annoyed by people! If I'm in good company it's different - even afterwards it makes me happy and energetic for days. I never get "drained" if I'm in good company. Most people bore me, small talk annoys the crap out of me.
That is very extrovert. If you are not easily drained by people, then you are an extrovert. There is such thing as a shy extrovert and an outgoing introvert.

Personally, I like being around people when I am of full energy to be around them. But it is not for the sake of interaction. I could care less to interact with people. I would much rather observe than be apart of it. I can be very outgoing and charming when I want to be though. It mostly happens when I need something for my own benefit. They say that "Extroverts happen to the world" and "Introverts have the world happen to them".

·
Registered
267 Posts
i honestly think you're extroverted. you're just a very grumpy person :p.

but seriously, let me describe in enneagram (yeah i know, be patient). you're not an 8w7 or an 8w9, you don't have a subtype. that's my opinion of you, trust me. i think i'm very right on this one. now saying that you're also going towards a 5 instead of a 2.

Under Stress (Eight Goes to Average Five)

Eights usually respond to stress by taking problems and challenges head on. They are bold and assertive in pushing for control and for accomplishing their vision, whatever it might be. But this approach can leave them feeling beleaguered and overwhelmed. When stress levels get too high, Eights may suddenly switch tactics and go into periods of retreat or even isolation, like average Fives. They pull back from the front lines to assess their situation, to strategize, and to see how they can regain control. They may become strangely quiet, secretive, and isolated as they privately explore ways to deal with their problems. Under longer periods of stress, they may also develop a cold, cynical attitude about themselves, other people, and life in general, in the manner of less healthy Fives.
i think you're an ExTJ. maybe your grasp of Si is wrong. i've seen you use it! like when you talk about the atmosphere, how you link memories to situations and someone always seems to remind you of someone else. you notice when things aren't the way they were before etc. i think those with asperger's typically use Ti and Si. Which would explain why so many are INTPs. people with aspergers can definitely be extroverted. not being able to read people's body language has nothing to do with extroversion/introversion. the only thing i'd consider introverted about an asperger would be the fact they have their obsessions and are able to obsess over their obsessions alone for hours without feeling any kind of loneliness.

INTJ just doesn't sound right to me but at the same time i could see the reasons why it would become suggestible. Maybe your T function is ambivalent and dominant. now that would explain all the confusion. but that's too rare for a commoner like you :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts