Personality Cafe banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty sure I'm either an INTJ or ENTJ, but I'm open to other opinions, if anyone has any.

So, to summarize myself in a nutshell (as best as I can).

• I usually tend to think for a few seconds before talking to anyone, mostly because I'm trying to decide what words to say in advance. But, once I get people to talk to me, I usually enjoy it, and I have a pretty good sense of (very sarcastic) humor.
  • In large groups, I tend to hang back and observe, figure out how I'm going to approach which person, and then get into things. Large groups, though... I don't really enjoy them so much. :laughing:
  • When I'm in a group setting without a clear (or competent) leader, though I don't always mean to, I always end up leading, even if it's only with suggestions from the sidelines.
  • I'm very, very concerned about my image. This isn't really because I care about others' opinions of me, so much as I want to be better than everyone else (even if that's impossible). I.e., I'm extremely competitive, and if I don't think of myself as being at least equal to everyone in the room, I drive myself to become better.
  • I have pretty abysmal relationship skills. Trust me. You can ask my ex-boyfriend. Though, I'm not sure this has as much to do with MBTI type as it does with poor social skills.
  • I maybe have one date every two years, and I'm okay with that.
  • I keep very few friends. I have two, and I usually speak to them on a weekly basis, not daily, and usually not even in person.
  • If I go out more than once in a week, I start to get tired of people.
  • I work a solitary job, sometimes insulating myself from noise and people for hours on end to write in peace, and I love every moment of it.
  • I'm not very good at telling when other people are uncomfortable. I say what I think - and if people don't tell me I hurt their feelings, I don't realize it until months later, by which point I'm too embarrassed to apologize.
  • I'm always making plans, and if Plan A doesn't work, I have Plans B, C, D, and E already lined up and ready to fall back on. And, I have a lot of patience when it comes to seeing the fruition of those plans, which is something that's often underlined in INTJ character profiles.
  • I'm constantly thinking about unanswerable questions.
  • When it comes to instigating romance, I don't. I just don't.
  • I also tend not to shop around for friends on Facebook, or send messages to random people all day long. It seems pointless to me.
  • I tend to live in my head a little.
  • I always think through the logistics of situations before allowing myself to develop any real sort of feelings about them.
  • I was involved in debating in high school, and I absolutely loved it.
  • I'm not in college because it seems useless to my goals (rather like trying to climb a mountain by stepping into a big hole). By all this, I mean to say that I'm very single-minded - but that's a trait of both types.
  • I tend to retreat inside my head when I'm hurt. I think over my problems, then tear them down one by one until they're nonexistent. My best friend calls this my "hermiting", and during this, I'm likely to delete half my friends, lock myself in my room, and not come out again until I've developed a plan to improve the situation.
  • All my friends tend to be NF/SF types, and they tend to annoy me more than most, because they come across as extremely idealistic one second and then utterly depressed the next. (No offense to Feelers out there, though; I really do love your consideration most of the time, I just need to go hide in my room to recover at the end of the day, lol).

Just so you guys know, I think I'm more likely to be an INTJ. I've tested as an INTJ more consistently, and I identify better with the INTJ profile than I do with the ENTJ - but, I recently took a series of tests that turned back ENTJ results, so I don't know which category suits me better. I need a second opinion because I'd like to get an MBTI-themed tattoo - and, well, needless to say I wouldn't want to have an "INTJ" tattoo when I'm actually an underdeveloped ENTJ, or an "ENTJ" one when I'm a somewhat-socially-adept INTJ.

So. Anything anyone has to offer, I and my skin will be forever thankful. ^_^

·
Registered
6 Posts
From what you've put I would definitely say INTJ (even if you hadn't mentioned INTJ/ENTJ in the title you definitely give off an INTJ vibe in your answers). If you're unsure though maybe try typing with dominant or inferior function? Do you see more Te or Ni in yourself? Is your Fi or Se where you fall back on upon times of stress?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah! I forgot to look at the functions. *facepalm*

Going by those... Still INTJ, definitely. I found a function-based INTJ profile that suits me perfectly.

You reminded me of something I should've remembered to check. I feel stupid (lol), but I'm certain of my type now, so, thank you. :)

·
Banned
2,375 Posts
Answer a questionnaire, instead.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts