Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are some traits of one guy I got to know. I am quite sure, he's INxJ now. Just unsure which type of.

- He comes off as Extraverted but he's not.
He opened up to me that he needs time for him self. That he can't stay around people for too long. That he just loves being in the nature and enjoying nature, enjoys going on holidays by himself.

-He's very organized, big planner, plans everything in advance. No room for some Pness. He's J.

- Im not sure how funny he finds me. I think, he finds my silly humor appealing but still yet, he often looks at me as if he just understands half of my jokes.
I am random, disorganized and forgetful and it seems to amuse him. Yet, random off-the-wall movies I like don't seem to make it for him. He either loves deep meaningful movies, or romantic ones with nice landscapes, or acceptable comedies or stand-up shows.

-he's very into sport. At a high level. He sounds quite Se. He has a lot of admiration for emergencies doctors and people who are quick decision makers in the medecine field.

- he's brilliant (he's a physician).

- he's not artsy or does not appear as artsy.

-in his job, he built a new place for standardization of one need for patients in his field. Basically, he opened a place where computering will objective pain and give rehabilitation strong advices on how to keep on rehab with the patients. It sounds quite Te, I know... But I suspect his ex-wife was ENTJ anyway. So maybe Te is contagious....

-feeler?
he doesn't manage to say no to people. He's thoughtful. But on the other hand he's quite straightforward in his mailing /text messages. No room for small talk.
typical mail to people is "Hi, absent.Good day"

He's quite warm to people. He will always come and greet with a big smile, people he knows. Whatever history you have with him. As if he would like you to always feel at ease with him.
He's honest and is not the type of guy who chase any girl.
He's still into his ex wife (i suspect to be an ENTx maybe ENTJ) after 4 years of separation. Doesn't move on.
He got very affected (quite openly) by the death of a family member recently (uncle).
He hates listening to people complaining in his private life because he listens to much to people complaining in his job.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Which traits sound INFJ and which INTJ for you? Maybe I could then deepen my analysis.

One story on him :
I told him I like him for a few monthes. He told me he's not ready to move on. Needs time. Though he seems to think about it in private and still show signs of interest sometimes. Neverthless, when he greets me now (we don't see each other often... just sometimes within our common cercle of friends), he pays very much attention to come to me (can cross a room to greet me) and say hello, take the time to talk a little. Never ignored me or behaved like a jerk after I opened up to him.

·
Registered
309 Posts
-in his job, he built a new place for standardization of one need for patients in his field. Basically, he opened a place where computering will objective pain and give rehabilitation strong advices on how to keep on rehab with the patients. It sounds quite Te, I know... But I suspect his ex-wife was ENTJ anyway. So maybe Te is contagious....
Explain this a bit more?

-feeler?
he doesn't manage to say no to people. He's thoughtful. But on the other hand he's quite straightforward in his mailing /text messages. No room for small talk.
typical mail to people is "Hi, absent.Good day"

He's quite warm to people. He will always come and greet with a big smile, people he knows. Whatever history you have with him. As if he would like you to always feel at ease with him.
He's honest and is not the type of guy who chase any girl.
He's still into his ex wife (i suspect to be an ENTx maybe ENTJ) after 4 years of separation. Doesn't move on.
He got very affected (quite openly) by the death of a family member recently (uncle).
He hates listening to people complaining in his private life because he listens to much to people complaining in his job.
I don't know. All of this could go either way ... I do a lot of this.

Especially if I haven't seen another person in a long time, I tend to be very ... warm, outgoing-ish when I greet them, as long as I like them.

I certainly agree with the very last statement. I have a low tolerance for people complaining because of how much complaining I have to deal with at work (in the form of drama and "I don't wanna do that cuz it's too hard work.") It seems very T to me, but I can't say for sure if it truly is.

Link: "INFJs often have, without formal training, skills in group dynamics. Almost psychically, they are aware of various levels of interaction between and among people."

Is he good at this? From what I know, it seems INFJ's just understand other people instinctively without having to figure anything out ... in a way that INTJ's probably think requires mind reading. :)

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Explain this a bit more?
he's referent for a center he opened with 2 co-workers where people who got physical rehab after after injury/trauma and still suffer from some pain that none knows where it come from will be analyzed through a special system (technical system/computers) to find out which muscles is affected and how to improve efficiently their physical rehab. Basically, technology will serve to better the diagnosis and the objective of physical rehabilitation. I find this is a very Te job.

On the other hand, he has issues with patients calling him all the time for pain. He sees them in emergency, only to find out they fake the pain to have a quickier appointment. So he ends up having looong working days because of all this "emergencies". I don't really understand then how an INTJ wouldn't think what I as an ENTP in this field would think first (and my ENxP dentist also thought quickly too) : set a "pain"scale with pain doctors and then find out how much this is a real emergency and if people can wait 1/2 days for an appointment. This is not a very Te way to work.

Link: "INFJs often have, without formal training, skills in group dynamics. Almost psychically, they are aware of various levels of interaction between and among people."

Is he good at this? From what I know, it seems INFJ's just understand other people instinctively without having to figure anything out ... in a way that INTJ's probably think requires mind reading. :)
I don't know. I have to find out. Especially the group interaction thing. I haven't seen him often in a group. I think most of the group we both went to were annyoing to him (and to me as well).
I think, he quickly sees if people are trying to make others guilty, who understands him or not, who he can open up or not. But I don't know how deep this goes. I've got to know him in a religious context. I feel like we have the same approch to religion : not against, part of our life but not something we would follow blindly. We are both very critical. That's what i like about him.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts