Personality Cafe banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have taken the test and I got INTJ, but I was only 8% T. I've read about INTJs and it sounds very much like me, but I read about INFJ and I relate to a lot of what is said about them too. I need your opinion on what I might be based off the information I will give.

I have been told almost my entire life that I come off aloof. I can also be difficult to approach, which really sucks because I hate taking initiative.

I am a very friendly person to those that I am very close with. I only have 1 best friend, she has been my friend for 12 years now and is one of the few I trust. I have some casual friends but I rarely hang with them. I don't like going out or socializing often so I don't really mind that I don't have a lot of friends.

I am very independent. I love being alone doing my own thing. One thing I love most about my independence is my ability to do anything I want. If I want to learn something or try something I will spend hours and weeks working on it alone and I wont stop until i've mastered it. I do it with the most random things too, mostly sports and activities, but also with school. I learn best alone, researching and studying until I fully understand it.

I am a perfectionist. I don't like half assing anything, If you tell me do something or assign me a task I will work until it's finished. I can't tell you how many times I go into overtime at work because the job isn't finished and I can't leave until it's done. I hate leaving things incomplete, if I start something I finish it.

Loyalty means everything to me. I don't let just anyone into my life, and if I do it means I trust you, and if you lie to me, or do anything to break my trust I won't let you back in. I really wish I could, but once I cut you out there is just no coming back. I care so much about the people I am close to, and that is why it hurts me so much. If you are my close friend I will be loyal to you until the end. I keep promises, always, and never share anything you ask me not to.

Which leads to Gossip. I HATE it so much. I literally do not understand how people can get into groups and just gossip about the most pointless shit ever, especially when it's about another person. I stay as distant as possible from those people.

Intelligence. I have always been a really smart person. A lot of it is my intuition, and my love of learning. When I am learning something in school I need to understand it completely, and i will study for hours and research until I've mastered it.

I am not a mean and bitter person, and I have emotions, but I don't like making decisions based off them. I am awful at comforting those who are struggling or crying. But my best friend and I can talk for hours and I will open up to her about everything. So I do love having one on one conversations about life, but I won't share with just anyone.
I do have a difficult time addressing my feelings and emotions though. Sometimes it takes me weeks to process what I am feeling. And I don't cry often, but when i do, I am an absolute mess, and I usually have no idea why I am crying, its quite awful.

With my intuition and intelligence I get impatient rather fast. When I see someone doing something that could be done so much more efficient, I almost always step in and take over. Sometimes I feel bad, but it drives me insane. I am also very organized and once you tell me something, it's tucked away and I won't forget it, so perceivers who get lost in their minds and forget the simplest things you ask them to do or tell them makes me really frustrated.

When I read about INTJs I feel like they are perceived as emotionless robots and evil people, but I am not at all. Are there any INTJs who understand or agree with me?

Let me know what you think. Do I sound like an INFJ or an INTJ, and please tell me why you think im either.

I could go on and on about who I am, but this is the shortened version.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Between INFJ and INTJ you are almost certainly INTJ. The reason why they might be perceived as emotionless robots is because Fi is internal and private so while you yourself know you're sensitive and have feelings, people on the outside don't see it. INFJs are more poetic and have an outpouring of emotion towards people and I don't see it in what you've written.

·
Registered
29 Posts
"I am not a mean and bitter person, and I have emotions, but I don't like making decisions based off them. I am awful at comforting those who are struggling or crying. But my best friend and I can talk for hours and I will open up to her about everything. So I do love having one on one conversations about life, but I won't share with just anyone.
I do have a difficult time addressing my feelings and emotions though. Sometimes it takes me weeks to process what I am feeling. And I don't cry often, but when i do, I am an absolute mess, and I usually have no idea why I am crying, its quite awful."

^This seems INTJ

I would suggest answering more questions for an accurate typing.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I have taken the test and I got INTJ, but I was only 8% T. I've read about INTJs and it sounds very much like me, but I read about INFJ and I relate to a lot of what is said about them too. I need your opinion on what I might be based off the information I will give.

I do have a difficult time addressing my feelings and emotions though. Sometimes it takes me weeks to process what I am feeling. And I don't cry often, but when i do, I am an absolute mess, and I usually have no idea why I am crying, its quite awful.

Let me know what you think. Do I sound like an INFJ or an INTJ, and please tell me why you think im either.

Hi, Holly!

What you say about addressing feelings does sound INFJ. INFJs are not always on top of their own feelings/emotions, such as crying and not knowing why.

This video may be helpful. It's an INFJ talking about INTJs. Do you identify more with the INFJ or the people she is talking about?

You could try the DNardi MBTI test --> Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes . (Hint: Omit picking the middle choice as an answer to get a sharper result.) Besides personality type, the result includes a good cognitive functions profile.

Maybe you'll show as INFJ! If you could copy and paste the profile it would help with typing.

·
Registered
93 Posts

I have been told almost my entire life that I come off aloof. I can also be difficult to approach, which really sucks because I hate taking initiative.

I am a very friendly person to those that I am very close with. I only have 1 best friend, she has been my friend for 12 years now and is one of the few I trust. I have some casual friends but I rarely hang with them. I don't like going out or socializing often so I don't really mind that I don't have a lot of friends.

I am very independent. I love being alone doing my own thing. One thing I love most about my independence is my ability to do anything I want. If I want to learn something or try something I will spend hours and weeks working on it alone and I wont stop until i've mastered it. I do it with the most random things too, mostly sports and activities, but also with school. I learn best alone, researching and studying until I fully understand it.

I am a perfectionist. I don't like half assing anything, If you tell me do something or assign me a task I will work until it's finished. I can't tell you how many times I go into overtime at work because the job isn't finished and I can't leave until it's done. I hate leaving things incomplete, if I start something I finish it.

Loyalty means everything to me. I don't let just anyone into my life, and if I do it means I trust you, and if you lie to me, or do anything to break my trust I won't let you back in. I really wish I could, but once I cut you out there is just no coming back. I care so much about the people I am close to, and that is why it hurts me so much. If you are my close friend I will be loyal to you until the end. I keep promises, always, and never share anything you ask me not to.

Which leads to Gossip. I HATE it so much. I literally do not understand how people can get into groups and just gossip about the most pointless shit ever, especially when it's about another person. I stay as distant as possible from those people.

Intelligence. I have always been a really smart person. A lot of it is my intuition, and my love of learning. When I am learning something in school I need to understand it completely, and i will study for hours and research until I've mastered it.

I am not a mean and bitter person, and I have emotions, but I don't like making decisions based off them. I am awful at comforting those who are struggling or crying. But my best friend and I can talk for hours and I will open up to her about everything. So I do love having one on one conversations about life, but I won't share with just anyone.

With my intuition and intelligence I get impatient rather fast. When I see someone doing something that could be done so much more efficient, I almost always step in and take over. Sometimes I feel bad, but it drives me insane. I am also very organized and once you tell me something, it's tucked away and I won't forget it, so perceivers who get lost in their minds and forget the simplest things you ask them to do or tell them makes me really frustrated.

When I read about INTJs I feel like they are perceived as emotionless robots and evil people, but I am not at all. Are there any INTJs who understand or agree with me?

First thing- research the functions. Thats how you truly find your type. Also i have a very serious relationship with an INTJ. Don't let these stereotypes fool you. He's the sweetest person I've met. He can also sometimes be emotional-I know *shocking* that type is in fact human. The stereotypes come from the outer layer. Strictly seen by observing not really taking the time to get to know and understand them as people. I'm not going to suggest what type you are but allow you to expore the functions yourself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts