Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am creating this thread in 4:25AM getting crazy about my relationship and my type!!
First time when my friends tried to recognize my type, was the time that I got familiar with MBTI. During the test I was just thinking that I should crack the questions and find a way to show that I am something special. They found me INFP. That night we discussed a lot about the aspects of MBTI and next morning I did the online test and I had INTJ. It has been 3 years that I get INTJ after each test but something inside me tells me that I am an INFP or INTP. Also I smoke joint and I think it affects my personality preferences as well. In general I am a computer software developer and my inner child just likes to wear the headphones and enjoy analysing and writing coding and finding solution for almost any problem. When I get home I just want to waste my time watching sci-fi movies or documentaries. I like the visit of my friends and sometimes like to go out with them when they have plans. In other hand I don't care much for neat house. It gets really dirty when I just watching movies for the whole weekend. I almost don't like to do anything except watching movies and just perceive new ideas and also special effects in movies.
My life was like this until I felt in a relationship with an ESFP. It supposed to be a one night stand but it has been 2 years that we are leaving together. After my relationship I start to realise that I can be very flexible about any disorganized situation in house and nothing seems to be really matter. I enjoy my relationship except when we are out. When I expect her to manage everything and I want to have a useful purpose to going out but as you know ESFPs don't need purpose to enjoy going out. I cannot judge the way she is and I cannot change myself as well. This leads her to sometimes go out with her male friends (which are not very lovely for me). In last 2 years I got excited with lots of small projects outside of my office but I couldn't finish any of them. I still keep doing this. I don't miss my friends and family really but I miss my girlfriend a lot. I feel too flexible about her sometimes and I don't even feel bad about it which leads me to a P preference in my personality.
I feel different with all those INTJs that I met but I feel more close to INFPs.

I appreciate your help to recognize my personality.
PS: I don't mind criticism but I enjoy win-win situations more.

·
Registered
456 Posts
You can only use ONE of the following cognitive process to describe yourself. Which one do you chose, and why?

Introverted Thinking often involves finding just the right word to clearly express an idea concisely, crisply, and to the point.

Using introverted Thinking is like having an internal sense of the essential qualities of something, noticing the fine distinctions that make it what it is and then naming it.

It also involves an internal reasoning process of deriving subcategories of classes and sub-principles of general principles.

These can then be used in problem solving, analysis, and refining of a product or an idea.

This process is evidenced in behaviors like taking things or ideas apart to figure out how they work.

The analysis involves looking at different sides of an issue and seeing where there is inconsistency.

In so doing, we search for a "leverage point" that will fix problems with the least amount of effort or damage to the system.

We engage in this process when we notice logical inconsistencies between statements and frameworks, using a model to evaluate the likely accuracy of what's observed.
Introverted iNtuiting involves synthesizing the seemingly paradoxical or contradictory, which takes understanding to a new level.

Using this process, we can have moments when completely new, unimagined realizations come to us.

A disengagement from interactions in the room occurs, followed by a sudden "Aha!" or "That's it!" The sense of the future and the realizations that come from introverted iNtuiting have a sureness and an imperative quality that seem to demand action and help us stay focused on fulfilling our vision or dream of how things will be in the future.

Using this process, we might rely on a focal device or symbolic action to predict, enlighten, or transform.

We could find ourselves laying out how the future will unfold based on unseen trends and telling signs.

This process can involve working out complex concepts or systems of thinking or conceiving of symbolic or novel ways to understand things that are universal.

It can lead to creating transcendent experiences or solutions.
It is often hard to assign words to the values used to make introverted Feeling judgments since they are often associated with images, feeling tones, and gut reactions more than words.

As a cognitive process, it often serves as a filter for information that matches what is valued, wanted, or worth believing in.

There can be a continual weighing of the situational worth or importance of everything and a patient balancing of the core issues of peace and conflict in life's situations.

We engage in the process of introverted Feeling when a value is compromised and we think, "Sometimes, some things just have to be said."

On the other hand, most of the time this process works "in private" and is expressed through actions.

It helps us know when people are being fake or insincere or if they are basically good. It is like having an internal sense of the "essence" of a person or a project and reading fine distinctions among feeling tones.
The first one, Introverted Thinking, is the main function of INTP's.
The second one, Introverted Intuition, is the main function of INTJ's.
The last one, Introverted Feeling, is the main function of INFP's.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Finagle ,
Thanks for your comments. Actually I am not sure which one is my type but I got really funny response from my closest people:
My mom : IT
My best friend : IN
My girlfriend : IF

Appreciate your help . I have really good friends in ESTP , ESFP , ESFJ and INTP. I am desperate help me please.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Eleventeenth,

Why you think I am INFJ ? Could you please give me more details.

Cheers,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts