Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First time I made any MBTI test ever (about a year ago), I got INTJ. Then I got to make some research about MBTI in general, got very interested, studied it and read more about my type. Most of the describtions felt accurate, but there always were some habits of an INTJ that I couldn't almost ever relate to. I got suspicious and have tried to solve this problem for all these 12 months.
Recently, I typed myself as an INTP. I just came to that conclusion with all my knowledge of MBTI/the functions. But still I really am not sure what my type is. I keep going from INTJ to INTP. But I have also thought about other possibilites and questioned way too much.
All I know for sure that I am definitely not an extrovert.

Anyway, I decided finally to fill this questionnaire. What would you type me as?

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

The amount of procrastination and questioning. Not so able to stick to one idea for a long time. Getting bored quickly. Being unsure almost about anything, mostly myself.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

This is quite hard question.
I want to succeed, understand myself completely, implement a great idea(s), get to learn to handle social situations/other people, know what I want from life, experience things, be in somewhat good condition, be more careless probably... Have more control over myself...

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I was confident, was productive, comfortable, felt healthy because of eating healthily/went outdoors, did something else but sit by the computer all day...? Did something necessary for myself.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

Having too little knowledge of something in a way important. Being underperforming. Being depressed most of the time.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

That if it's relevant for me. If it's logical. If it benefits me. Sometimes: If it just somehow feels right for myself, seems interesting/fun etc.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

If it's a group project, I won't do so much about it because I really dislike group projects usually. I do my own piece of it as well as I can but hardly care about how others do their work. Except if others work effects on me as well. I think.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

I really don't know if I have had so much fun ever that I'd remember it gladly, but I think when I'm most enjoying my time is when I get to implement my good ideas in general and if I get to do it then alone or with someone. Maybe after all I prefer with someone close person to share my ideas with. It's quite fun when we both get excited about it and do something for it. For example: new exciting roleplay plot or alternate universe etc. We discuss about it logically. Invent new things beside it etc.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

I probably want to know the whole thing from the beginning to end if it really excites me and I consider it necessary. I carve full knowledge, usually. Sometimes I am too lazy to bother and by the time get more interested in and learn about it more.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

I am probably talking about something whole different right now, but anyway... For example: I like when my room is tidy and clean. And it mostly is always clean and tidy. In everyday life I usually go to shower for example, in certain time every day. I feel a bit upset if I haven't gone to the shower when I ''have to''. Because it somehow sway's my quite laid-back schedules. But that's all for routines. I am not good at keeping them up and when someone makes them for me, it's the worst.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

Both, in a way. I am open to new ideas, but I am criticizing them firmly as well. If the idea is somehow not making any sense to me or completely stupid, I will more likely ignore it. Some cases I try to improve it.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

Not that much. This doesn't sound like me pretty much at all.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

Definitely one-on-one and I think first.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I like to know what I am going to do and why. What may happen? Is it worth it? etc.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Watch the show and go after that if I know it really is worth it. Or just spontaneously go if it seems any interest in me and record the show, if I really think I need some socializing. Otherwise probably just ignore or just say no and watch the show.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I just know that I cry way more easily and just sort of go out of my mind. I may get a burst of feelings and feel like not handling anything and everything is a mess. I am prone to panic attacks. I probably need someone to tell me reasons why I am okay and there's nothing to stress about. If it really seems getting to a panic state. When I calm down and go all silent, I usually want to be alone and think things through and suppress the possible feeling storm completely.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

B e i n g w a y t o o n a r r o w m i n d e d. Arrogance (even tho I used to be like that myself back then), over cheerful/perky, aggressive, overly emotional, too meticulous, overly confident, irrational...

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

DEEP THINGS. Such as ideas, philosophy, somewhat rational things...

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

If I am having many friends, attending to social events, gatherings etc. Society and other people. Being well mannered and ''right'' or ''conventional'' in every situation. I pay also a bit little attention on looks, even though I do care about how I or things look like in some levels, but still I care about it surprisingly little after all...

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

They would never say that I am a warm person or entertaining. I've been called loyal, shy, calm, independent, original, cold, blank, dramatic??, paranoid... I guess?

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

There's a difference between what I want to do and what I end up doing after all. I would like to draw, read books, play games, go outside, exercise... But I'd end up sitting by the computer and maybe try to draw something, the whole day. Probably play some game, as well.

It's almost 6 am, must go to sleep. I hope there's enough information to type me.

Edit: Wrote some more, because I was tired at 6 am.

·
Registered
30 Posts
here is a quick paradox to help sum it up if you are noticing that you display and relate to attributes from multiple types then you are most likely an intp, if you feel like you flop between j/p then you could possibly be a j. i am in a similar boat as u (although i only skimmed your text). i display a few characteristics that you stated and i usually test as intj

1 - 2 of 2 Posts