Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I've been thinking I was and INTJ for like 2 months and then took another test and got INTP. One of the main reasons I'm unsure if I'm an INTJ is that I'm lazy and I'm not so strict on deadlines and what not. The only function I am sure that I am is Fe which is an INTP function.
2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
To do whatever I want and be truthful. And I really want this to also apply to everyone as well. I don't really know why other than to have a better world I guess.
3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I really don't know what to put for this
4) What makes you feel inferior?
When people who don't know what they are talking about team up on me in an argument. But only people who really don't know, people who I think really do know something I'll listen and may change my ideas.
5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
Right vs wrong, the most efficient way. I don't put my feelings in the way but I am considerate of others. Not out right like helping someone, but I'll make myself uncomfortable to not disturb someone else.
6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
If it is something I care and/or know about then I would like a lot of control, but if it is a stupid school project I won't do much for it and if in a group I may not help much.
7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
This is like the other question and I still don't know lol. I guess I could say once I was with my friends I walked into a crowded lobby and lied down in a sleeping bag. I just did it to have fun, I didn't really want anyone to like me better, but I am still pretty introverted especially without my friends, so if they weren't there I'd be to scared to do it again.
8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
When I want to learn something I get out my phone and search about it and keep do until I feel I got a good explanation. And then if it isn't a definite answer then I'll think hard about what is right.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
Pretty unorganized. I like being organized but the way I see it is that it takes more time to organize than it helps (I'm really lazy lol). I semi organize things and just group them up. Like for school my backpack will have like 50 random papers, but in between two books will be my homework, and between another will be notes, etc.
10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
Both. I love new ideas. But if someone told me I'd search all sorts of information for and against and then see if it made sense.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I am always myself and doing what I believe and I don't care what anyone else is doing, do whatever you want as long as it is not harming someone else.
12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
Typically thinks before speaking, but I am pretty witty and sarcastic so sometimes I'll respond before thinking. But usually, like when responded to a post on here, I'll research something even if I know what it is just so I can be absolutely sure.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
Like to know first. And actions typically speak louder. However I don't care about a hypocrite as long as they are trying to help you, like if a smoker tells someone else not to smoke.
14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Go out with my friends, but that is only because I rarely go out. This wouldn't happen every Saturday, but every now and again I like to go out.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
Negative and point out everyone else s flaws and when they mess up. And then I go listen to music by myself.
16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
When they try to say someone else's way is wrong. I don't really care what you are doing as long as it isn't stopping or harassing someone else from doing their own thing too.
17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
New ideas and theories.
18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life
How I look and act and what other people think about that.
19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
Sometimes arrogant and that I don't usually know what I'm saying. Anything I ever say I've researched very much because I only say important things and if it is important I want to know about it. I don't really know what they would say, but it'd probably be wrong lol because they don't really know much about me.
20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Playing a computer game and reading about either current political activities or future possibilities.

·
Banned
2,187 Posts
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I've been thinking I was and INTJ for like 2 months and then took another test and got INTP. One of the main reasons I'm unsure if I'm an INTJ is that I'm lazy and I'm not so strict on deadlines and what not. The only function I am sure that I am is Fe which is an INTP function.
2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
To do whatever I want and be truthful. And I really want this to also apply to everyone as well. I don't really know why other than to have a better world I guess.
3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I really don't know what to put for this
4) What makes you feel inferior?
When people who don't know what they are talking about team up on me in an argument. But only people who really don't know, people who I think really do know something I'll listen and may change my ideas.
5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
Right vs wrong, the most efficient way. I don't put my feelings in the way but I am considerate of others. Not out right like helping someone, but I'll make myself uncomfortable to not disturb someone else.
6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
If it is something I care and/or know about then I would like a lot of control, but if it is a stupid school project I won't do much for it and if in a group I may not help much.
7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
This is like the other question and I still don't know lol. I guess I could say once I was with my friends I walked into a crowded lobby and lied down in a sleeping bag. I just did it to have fun, I didn't really want anyone to like me better, but I am still pretty introverted especially without my friends, so if they weren't there I'd be to scared to do it again.
8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
When I want to learn something I get out my phone and search about it and keep do until I feel I got a good explanation. And then if it isn't a definite answer then I'll think hard about what is right.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
Pretty unorganized. I like being organized but the way I see it is that it takes more time to organize than it helps (I'm really lazy lol). I semi organize things and just group them up. Like for school my backpack will have like 50 random papers, but in between two books will be my homework, and between another will be notes, etc.
10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
Both. I love new ideas. But if someone told me I'd search all sorts of information for and against and then see if it made sense.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I am always myself and doing what I believe and I don't care what anyone else is doing, do whatever you want as long as it is not harming someone else.
12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
Typically thinks before speaking, but I am pretty witty and sarcastic so sometimes I'll respond before thinking. But usually, like when responded to a post on here, I'll research something even if I know what it is just so I can be absolutely sure.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
Like to know first. And actions typically speak louder. However I don't care about a hypocrite as long as they are trying to help you, like if a smoker tells someone else not to smoke.
14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Go out with my friends, but that is only because I rarely go out. This wouldn't happen every Saturday, but every now and again I like to go out.

Negative and point out everyone else s flaws and when they mess up. And then I go listen to music by myself.
When they try to say someone else's way is wrong. I don't really care what you are doing as long as it isn't stopping or harassing someone else from doing their own thing too.
17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
New ideas and theories.
18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life
How I look and act and what other people think about that.
19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
Sometimes arrogant and that I don't usually know what I'm saying. Anything I ever say I've researched very much because I only say important things and if it is important I want to know about it. I don't really know what they would say, but it'd probably be wrong lol because they don't really know much about me.
20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Playing a computer game and reading about either current political activities or future possibilities.
You sound like an INTP with a close Te/Ti and Fe/Fi? I don't see you as an INTJ though, doesn't seem to have much Ni but I see the Ne as well as Si over Se.

Reactions: cades

·
Registered
521 Posts
The only function I am sure that I am is Fe which is an INTP function.
Keep in mind it's also INTP's repressed function and if you are sure it's part of your natural cognition then you're probably not a Ti dom.

Ti or Fi tendency.

Maybe a low Te or Fe preference.

Fe it sounds like.

Si? Ni does something fundamentally similar but it won't be looking for concrete data.

Another Ti or Fi thing.

I'll research something even if I know what it is just so I can be absolutely sure.
This sounds like low Sensing (distrust of internalized concrete data).

However I don't care about a hypocrite as long as they are trying to help you, like if a smoker tells someone else not to smoke.
This sounds more like how a Perceiving dom would operate in that dominant T and F types tend to check for consistency and are often bothered by flip-flopping (at least I have noticed this personally).

Negative and point out everyone else s flaws and when they mess up.
Low Te or Fe. If I had more detail on this one I could probably pinpoint which one exactly.

More introverted rational evidence.

OK, this is coming into focus now. Fairly sure you are INFP. You show strong Ji tendencies all around and also exhibit signs of Si. The reason I'd pick Fi over Ti for you is that you seem to care about value and worth more than even-handed judgement. The parts I've bolded here pretty much scream it.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya, now that you say that I think and am I bit more Ne but I can't really tell, and for Si vs Se I have no clue lol.
The only way i'm not Te is that I don't organize but other than that I can see myself either way. And Fe explains me a lot, but then Fi does pretty well too. I just took another personality test and got INTP with 68% P, 63% N and really high I and T.
edit:
I always seem to get high T scores like I said and I feel I could be either Te or Ti
and was Ji suppose to be Ni?

Reactions: Near Lawliet

·
Banned
2,187 Posts
Ya, now that you say that I think and am I bit more Ne but I can't really tell, and for Si vs Se I have no clue lol.
The only way i'm not Te is that I don't organize but other than that I can see myself either way. And Fe explains me a lot, but then Fi does pretty well too. I just took another personality test and got INTP with 68% P, 63% N and really high I and T.
Perhaps take a cognitive test?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took two and got the introverted side of each category. After looking back I think I may be more of and Fi. Although I don't think I am INFP this description of their Fi function really fits me "Guided by their desire for harmony, INFPs prefer to be flexible unless their ethics are violated."
extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************* (19.8)
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************* (25.5)
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************ (36.8)
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************* (37.5)
extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************************* (33.8)
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************************* (43.1)
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ****** (6.2)
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************* (37.5)

This website said I was INTP, other possible could be ENTP or INFP.
And while I do have some INFP I think the feeling function is far to strong to be me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts