Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm revisiting my type. I'm not 100% sure on it, so I want to see, once again, what others think. Thanks for any help! Here's the questionnaire:
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I've been questioning back and forth for a while. Originally tested as an ENTP or ENFP most of the time, but then started testing as INFJ and even sometimes ENTJ.
2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I want to affect the lives of other people. I want to be remembered and know that I had an impact on at least one person's life. I want to be the person that someone looks up to. I want to show people that anybody can do anything they set their mind to. I want to have kids and raise them to be amazing people.
3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
Hmm... Probably at work. I get to influence the lives of people each day and see their face when they grasp a concept. I get to see that the things I've done have made someone else a better person or a more knowledgeable person. The face that people make when they finally understand something is so fulfilling. I also love teaching people concepts; you sort of feel like you're unstoppable. I don't know, I just like leading people in general and being the person that everyone can count on (yeah, it's weird I know).
4) What makes you feel inferior?
Hmm, parties with loads of people make me feel inferior because I sometimes feel like people will view me in the wrong way or I won't give the right impression. Making a mistake makes me feel inferior; I'm very self-critical.
5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I mainly think about pros and cons. When I need to make a decision and am on the spot to do so I make a decision very fast and am completely confident with my decisions; I love being a leader. However, when I'm making decisions on food or clothes it takes me forever because I like to consider all of my options carefully.
6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
My emphasis is on getting the project done and making it as great as it can be. I love to have control of the outcome; I can't stand not having control of the final product.
7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
Hmm... I have fun all the time with friends so this is sort of a hard question. I guess the most recent time was hanging out with a friend the other day. We just walked around campus and laughed for about 3 hours. We started doing impersonations of people and just being silly all around; being goofy is when I have the most fun.
8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
I like to memorize and theorize. I don't really like theorizing when there is no practical application that I can see. I like things to somehow be related to the real world. I do liek theorizing about abstract things too, but after a while, I don't know, I guess I feel like it's useless. That said however my major is Comp Lit which is all about theorizing and looking for hidden meanings, but it has some practical application to the writing.
9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
Hmm, this is a hard one because I am pretty mixed. My room is pretty messy, but I know where most everything is. My work is incredibly organized: I'm organized about what I do, when I do it, where I keep things, etc. Also, my schoolwork is pretty organized too. I would like to schedule things out more, but it's just not possible right now, which I really hate :/. I'm also never late to things unless something comes up out of the blue.
10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I judge new ideas with an open mind. As I said before I try to understand the principles behind things; I want to know the meanings behind things. I like to unpack the unknown and find how it is useful.
11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
Hmm, I do like to make sure everyone is doing fine but I don't need them to belong in a given group. As I said before, I used to thing I was highly Fe, but I now believe it's just my 2 enneagram working its magic. So, in a way I think I like to make sure I follow what I believe. I don't always try to be myself, because I like to be liked, but I do if I know the people.
12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I think before speaking generally unless I'm with a friend or familiar person then I just speak haha. I'm almost always thinking so I love the times when I'm able to just let go and be the crazy person I am deep down. I also generally prefer one-on-one communication, but group discussions can be okay.
13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I like to at least have an idea of where I'm jumping before I do so. I think actions and words speak equally. If you do something, great but you better have the actions to back it up, and vice versa holds true as well.
14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
I'd go out and record the show or watch it on the computer later. I do love getting lost in TV shows but I love being around people just as much most of the time.
15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I deal with the shit I need to deal with and move on (well, sometimes I like to talk about it with other people, but only people really close to me). I'm a very resilient person and always have been. I don't sulk or cry because I don't feel the need to. I don't like spewing out emotions for stupid reasons. I've dealt with a lot of crap my whole life and for that reason I am strong. I grew up without parents because they were mentally ill drug addicts, and was raised by my elderly grandfather so I learned to deal with crap and move on because whining won't help. Life isn't fair and sometimes I just need to accept that.
16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
I dislike people who constantly need to make everything into drama. You feel like everyone hates you, then do something about it rather than complaining. I hate ignorance: don't talk about things you don't know about. I dislike when people tell others things and have no clue what they're saying; don't assume things and tell other people that they're true.
17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I just love being goofy with people. I love discussing academics and life plans and just things that spark my interest. I am serious most of the time, but I love the moments where I'm comfortable with someone and can just laugh about miscellaneous things.
18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
I pay the least attention to things that will bring me down. Why should I focus on the negatives when I can focus on the positives? I also don't pay much attention to the past because it's the past for a reason.
19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
That depends on the setting that they mainly see me in or know me in. Most people that I really consider my friends see me as someone who always is thinking, but that can also be very goofy. They also see me as a smart ass. Even when I let go they don't think I do. They think of me as unique and responsible. Some also see me as purely logical and non-emotive. I think that the main thing that people are wrong about is me being heartless. I care a lot about people, I'm just horrible with emotions. And they see this too when they think about things that I've selflessly done for them. Most people see me as a quiet, funny, and serious person. People would never say that I'm emotional, they would never say that I'm full of drama, they would never say that I'm an idiot, and they would never say I'm not helpful.
20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Depends. I think I would go out somewhere in nature with a friend and just talk and laugh. If I had the option to go out of the country I would do that and go to Hungary and immerse myself in the culture and see where my ancestors came from. I'd also look at the architecture because it's so beautiful. I'd probably do that by myself because it's just one of those things that needs to be done alone. Saying that however I'd definitely interact with the people there and try to get to know some of them. I'd also admire the architecture because I find it breathtaking.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?? Please?

·
Registered
277 Posts
You sound like an ENTJ with enneagram 3w2. You are image conscious and want to be admired (you're mixing 2 with 3), you use a great deal of Te -- powerful ENTJs, see Tony Robbins, will learn that taking on peoples' needs (typical enneagram 2 thing), can be necessary for a good outcome and progress in general. I don't have the time to elaborate all my points, but I'm 70 % sure, based on this questionnaire; you score ENTJ. Probably enneagram 3 to that.

ADD: consider INTJ as well.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You sound like an ENTJ with enneagram 3w2. You are image conscious and want to be admired (you're mixing 2 with 3), you use a great deal of Te -- powerful ENTJs, see Tony Robbins, will learn that taking on peoples' needs (typical enneagram 2 thing), can be necessary for a good outcome and progress in general. I don't have the time to elaborate all my points, but I'm 70 % sure, based on this questionnaire; you score ENTJ. Probably enneagram 3 to that.

ADD: consider INTJ as well.
What makes you say ENTJ rather than INTJ? Where do you see that I use a great deal of Te? That's sort of one of the functions I still don't completely understand how I use. I just doubted being ENTJ because I don't feel like I'm outspoken or direct enough. Then again, maybe I just have other highly developed functions. Thanks for the help by the way.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I want to affect the lives of other people. I want to be remembered and know that I had an impact on at least one person's life. I want to be the person that someone looks up to. I want to show people that anybody can do anything they set their mind to.
Have you seen Tony Robbins? This's so Te + enneagram 3 and you're an intuitive.

Hmm... Probably at work. I get to influence the lives of people each day and see their face when they grasp a concept. I get to see that the things I've done have made someone else a better person or a more knowledgeable person. The face that people make when they finally understand something is so fulfilling. I also love teaching people concepts; you sort of feel like you're unstoppable. I don't know, I just like leading people in general and being the person that everyone can count on (yeah, it's weird I know).
There's so much Te, I'm shitting myself -- how are you not noticing?

Hmm, parties with loads of people make me feel inferior because I sometimes feel like people will view me in the wrong way or I won't give the right impression. Making a mistake makes me feel inferior; I'm very self-critical.
Sounds like a typical E3 thingy.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I mainly think about pros and cons. When I need to make a decision and am on the spot to do so I make a decision very fast and am completely confident with my decisions; I love being a leader. However, when I'm making decisions on food or clothes it takes me forever because I like to consider all of my options carefully.
This's judgment, it's thinking ~ therefore extraverted.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
My emphasis is on getting the project done and making it as great as it can be. I love to have control of the outcome; I can't stand not having control of the final product.
This's Te, not doing this anymore. I think it's pretty obvious now. Consider enneagram 3w2.

Hmm... I have fun all the time with friends so this is sort of a hard question. I guess the most recent time was hanging out with a friend the other day. We just walked around campus and laughed for about 3 hours. We started doing impersonations of people and just being silly all around; being goofy is when I have the most fun.
8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
I like to memorize and theorize. I don't really like theorizing when there is no practical application that I can see. I like things to somehow be related to the real world. I do liek theorizing about abstract things too, but after a while, I don't know, I guess I feel like it's useless. That said however my major is Comp Lit which is all about theorizing and looking for hidden meanings, but it has some practical application to the writing. This's Te and it's very pragmatic
Hmm, this is a hard one because I am pretty mixed. My room is pretty messy, but I know where most everything is. My work is incredibly organized: I'm organized about what I do, when I do it, where I keep things, etc. Also, my schoolwork is pretty organized too. I would like to schedule things out more, but it's just not possible right now, which I really hate :/. I'm also never late to things unless something comes up out of the blue. Judging, thinking
10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I judge new ideas with an open mind. As I said before I try to understand the principles behind things; I want to know the meanings behind things. I like to unpack the unknown and find how it is useful. Ni
11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
Hmm, I do like to make sure everyone is doing fine but I don't need them to belong in a given group. As I said before, I used to thing I was highly Fe, but I now believe it's just my 2 enneagram working its magic. So, in a way I think I like to make sure I follow what I believe. I don't always try to be myself, because I like to be liked, but I do if I know the people.
12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I think before speaking generally unless I'm with a friend or familiar person then I just speak haha. I'm almost always thinking so I love the times when I'm able to just let go and be the crazy person I am deep down. I also generally prefer one-on-one communication, but group discussions can be okay.
13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I like to at least have an idea of where I'm jumping before I do so. I think actions and words speak equally. If you do something, great but you better have the actions to back it up, and vice versa holds true as well.
14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
I'd go out and record the show or watch it on the computer later. I do love getting lost in TV shows but I love being around people just as much most of the time.
I deal with the shit I need to deal with and move on (well, sometimes I like to talk about it with other people, but only people really close to me). I'm a very resilient person and always have been. I don't sulk or cry because I don't feel the need to. I don't like spewing out emotions for stupid reasons. I've dealt with a lot of crap my whole life and for that reason I am strong. I grew up without parents because they were mentally ill drug addicts, and was raised by my elderly grandfather so I learned to deal with crap and move on because whining won't help. Life isn't fair and sometimes I just need to accept that.
I dislike people who constantly need to make everything into drama. You feel like everyone hates you, then do something about it rather than complaining. I hate ignorance: don't talk about things you don't know about. I dislike when people tell others things and have no clue what they're saying; don't assume things and tell other people that they're true.
I just love being goofy with people. I love discussing academics and life plans and just things that spark my interest. I am serious most of the time, but I love the moments where I'm comfortable with someone and can just laugh about miscellaneous things.
I pay the least attention to things that will bring me down. Why should I focus on the negatives when I can focus on the positives? I also don't pay much attention to the past because it's the past for a reason.
19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
That depends on the setting that they mainly see me in or know me in. Most people that I really consider my friends see me as someone who always is thinking, but that can also be very goofy. They also see me as a smart ass. Even when I let go they don't think I do. They think of me as unique and responsible. Some also see me as purely logical and non-emotive. I think that the main thing that people are wrong about is me being heartless. I care a lot about people, I'm just horrible with emotions. And they see this too when they think about things that I've selflessly done for them. Most people see me as a quiet, funny, and serious person. People would never say that I'm emotional, they would never say that I'm full of drama, they would never say that I'm an idiot, and they would never say I'm not helpful.
20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Depends. I think I would go out somewhere in nature with a friend and just talk and laugh. If I had the option to go out of the country I would do that and go to Hungary and immerse myself in the culture and see where my ancestors came from. I'd also look at the architecture because it's so beautiful. I'd probably do that by myself because it's just one of those things that needs to be done alone. Saying that however I'd definitely interact with the people there and try to get to know some of them. I'd also admire the architecture because I find it breathtaking.
Want me to go on?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you seen Tony Robbins? This's so Te + enneagram 3 and you're an intuitive.

There's so much Te, I'm shitting myself -- how are you not noticing?

Sounds like a typical E3 thingy.

This's judgment, it's thinking ~ therefore extraverted.

This's Te, not doing this anymore. I think it's pretty obvious now. Consider enneagram 3w2.

Want me to go on?
Now that I think about it ENTJ and 3w2 does sound right. I assume that would make me appear as a less dominating ENTJ, right? Thanks for all the help by the way

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So, I'm attempting to resurrect this thread because I just don't think I'm ENTJ and probably not even INTJ. I've been lurking both of those forums lately and I just don't fit in at all... They seem too stiff, blunt, and fact-oriented for me. Maybe that's just my perception, but I just don't see myself as an XNTJ anymore...
I wanted to add this questionnaire that I had previously filled out at another point since I feel both highlight different parts of my personality:
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
EVERYTHING! I find things that sound like me in every type I encounter; I can't figure out which I am most like. I've taken several cognitive functions test and on the most recent scored as an INFJ, which I am beginning to believe sounds very much like me.

I want to make a difference in the lives of others. I've always loved helping people; I take joy in knowing that I made that person's day/life better than it was before. Someday, I'd like to find someone I could spend my life with and hopefully have kids. I eventually want to live somewhere where it's truly beautiful; I love old architecture and the beauty of nature. In simple, I'd like to appreciate everything (from the simplest to the largest) in my life and help others do the same.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
Hmm... I feel my finest when helping others. My current job is all about helping others: I basically help remedial students in their class and in their labs, and I teach upcoming material or review courses for the specific course, which is English. I love teaching and I love to see the faces of people who have reached a new understanding of a topic. I feel my finest when helping people understand things that they were unable to before.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
Hmmm, this is a hard one. I'd say that it's mostly being at huge parties or in large groups, but then again my job consists entirely of large groups and I absolutely love it. So, I'm not entirely sure about this one.

When I make decisions I tend to think about how they will affect other people (also myself, we all have our selfish moments). I also take into consideration how I feel about it. I'm not the most decisive person: I know what I like, but I don't know what I don't like, if that makes any sense at all.

I tend to put emphasis on the details. I'm a very big perfectionist which makes me like to procrastinate, so that I have to rush myself, because I know if I don't I will literally spend hours making sure everything's perfect. I do like control over the outcome, which ties into my perfectionist qualities. I don't like doing little pieces of projects, which is why I always hated working in groups: I would always wind up doing everything so that I didn't have to count on other people. I've always been quite the independent, most likely because of my childhood (grew up without my mother and father around, living with my elderly grandfather).

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
I have a lot of fun, as I said above helping others and teaching. I also have a lot of fun being with the people I consider my best friends (about 4 of 'em), this is because those are the only people I can be myself around. I'm a very open person about everything basically immediately when meeting new people, but I never show my true personality until I know I can trust someone because I'm always afraid of being judged. That being said, I tend to take all criticism personally and can get butt hurt over it, even when I know someone is not trying to be offensive.

I tend to memorize things; that is how I understand them. I've always been someone with a photographic memory: I memorize and learn things extremely fast. If you give me a five minute lecture about some incredibly complex subject that highlights most of the key points I will immediately be able to apply what you just said. I think this is the reason many people, and for a while myself also, think of me as a thinking type. I've always been the person everyone wants to study with because they know that I immediately understand things and am good at reteaching them (this is the reason why I hate study groups, I become the teacher).

This largely depends on the situation. In my room, I am pretty disorganized however with work and school everything needs to be perfectly organized and thought out. I also think that when I have my own home I will be very organized (don't ask me why). I am also very good at organizing other's things, because of the perfectionist quality. When I help people organize their home or anything else I become the male version of Monica from Friends.

I try to understand the principles behind things.

I think I find harmony in being myself, but unfortunately, as I said above, I am not most of the time. So, I find the most harmony in being myself, but most of the time I end up conforming to a certain group and making sure everyone is doing fine. I put the happiness of others before my own unfortunately.

I am the kind that thinks before speaking. As said throughout, I am a perfectionist and hate to be thought of as weird or whatever, so most of the time I think before I speak. As many people have said, I'm always thinking and never really just be (I don't think my brain has the turning off capability LOL). I only stop thinking in the situations where I feel most comfortable, which don't happen very often.

I like to know where I'm jumping before leaping. I think actions and words speak about equally. Actions without words is just as bad as words without actions.

I think that would depend on if it was something I enjoyed, but most likely I would go out and watch the TV show later.

I become very ESTPish: I usually become very calm and try to figure things out, while trying to make everybody else more calm. So, usually when I become stressed out I try to get through everything that I need to get through. Then after everyone, including myself, has calmed down and everything has been done I begin to become emotional depending what the stress was over. I usually only become emotional by myself or when I'm with people I'm comfortable with. I don't like to bring down other people which is why I usually put on a happy face and go on with my day. I also tend not to react very emotionally to most things; I go with the philosophy that things happen and there's no point about moping over things because doing so won't change the way it is (however, I myself don't always follow that philosophy).

Hmmm I don't like people who act like idiots just because they can. I also dislike people who base views on something without considering how those views can make other people feel; don't purposely make a large portion of people unhappy just because the idea doesn't please you or your views (women's rights, slavery, gay marriage, etc.). I also dislike people who live their lives being overly emotional, don't spend all your time crying over the smallest details.

I really like learning about the cultures of other people and where they come from. I just like learning about others in general I guess.

I pay the least attention to things that I can't change, why mope over the past when you can look to the future. I also spend the least amount of time thinking about things that make me unhappy (even though I do have my moments).

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?
Most of my friends perceive me as odd (in a good way (well, most of the time anyway)), almost everyone perceives me as extremely smart, they perceive me as kind (they know I'm almost always there for them), they perceive me as outgoing and loud, and generally fun.
Most of my friends know the 2nd stage of my behavior (yes, I separate my behavior into three stages: the not knowing me but observing me stage, the friend's stage, and the I'm really comfortable with you stage). So, most of my friends see me as loud and eccentric when they get to know me, however when they first see me they think I'm the quiet guy who's very smart and always reading books. I'd say that I am naturally very loud and eccentric but not around people I have just met or am beginning to know. Also, with friends who tend not to accept that type of person I tend to morph into more of the quiet type. So, it depends on the situation. Also, they perceive me to be less emotional than I really am because of the fact that I don't like to show my emotions in front of people, unless I'm in the 3rd stage of my behavior.

I'd like to go somewhere I've never been and experience the culture (I really like Europe). I'd spend a whole day walking around looking at old architecture or hiking in a very scenic place. Then, I'd try to experience the culture by talking to some new people and eating at some local restaurant. I'd also like to spend some time with the person whom I am currently in a relationship with. That's about it: I like to enjoy the simple things that we overlook, rather than the extremely lavish.
@Jawz typed this as ENFJ before... Do you still have the same opinion?
Grrr... Im so confused... Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Banned
549 Posts
A very probable ESTJ based on the first questionnaire. The Te dom is there, in my observation, but in your second questionnaire you spoke very highly of traditional family structure (saying you want kids of your own) and that you care about helping people. You sound like a nurturer who focuses their extroverted nature towards how others feel. Another key element in defining your type is what you focus on externally i.e. how you relate to the outside world. You mentioned on one of your answers that you like traveling, but you place focus on details that would get overlooked, rather than placing focus on the more lavish settings which determines your sensing to be introverted. The next option would be ESFJ.

·
Banned
549 Posts
I tend to put emphasis on the details. I'm a very big perfectionist which makes me like to procrastinate, so that I have to rush myself, because I know if I don't, I will literally spend hours making sure everything's perfect
The bolded area further signifies the nature of your introverted sensing, which I suspect to be auxiliary in your functional stack. No XNTJ is bogged down by the arbitrary dictates of perfection. Perfectionism only exists when trying to materialize a vision or an ideal. When that doesn't work an XNTJ will turn toward pragmatic means to achieve their ends. Your focus on details to the point where it stops what you are doing is very typical of an SJ, whose temperament is defined by introverted sensing. ESFJ is becoming a more plausible type for you. Keep researching and get feedback from friends, family, whoever can honestly help you and not tell you what you want to hear.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I was going to shout ESFJ at the top of my virtual lungs, but apparently someone got there before me.

·
Banned
748 Posts
I don't know where all the other suggestions are coming from, but

I tend to put emphasis on the details. I'm a very big perfectionist which makes me like to procrastinate, so that I have to rush myself, because I know if I don't, I will literally spend hours making sure everything's perfect
sounds like Se indeed, but not auxilary! Inferior!

Some INJs may be willing to sacrifice everything, even their own health or sanity, to ensure that their vision finds a perfect incarnation; no detail is overlooked. In so doing, they can become restless and obsessive, locked into a narrow mode of existence they cannot readily escape. Any deviation from their ideal can feel like the end of the world, a an irreparable marring of their perfect ideal. It is therefore unsurprising that their perfectionism can be destructive if left unchecked.
Spending hours on getting details perfect is not very healthy. I do it too. Read this: Exploring INTJs’ & INFJs’ Inferior Function: Extraverted Sensing (Se)

·
Registered
277 Posts
@ Adriana -- Thank you, this's definately the inferior Se. I've had trouble with this too, It exhausts me like nobodies business.

·
Banned
549 Posts
sounds like Se indeed, but not auxilary! Inferior!
I explicitly stated that the sensing is introverted, that means Si. Inferior Se wouldn't make sense because the OP has the marked traits of an extrovert. I would say ENFJ before INFJ. But I have a good feeling that the OP uses sensing instead of intuition.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts