Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm an INTJ female, working in an advisory role to the boss. However, I think there must be a personality clash between my and my boss' personalities, as we never seem to agree on anything. He is an extrovert, doesn't like I'm sitting down there being quiet, while he doesn't understand, I am never quiet in my own mind. My mind is 24/7 constantly on thinking about how to improve the system. I don't like him either, for a lot of reasons. Not intelligent or educated, ruthless, cannot see the long term big picture, full of himself, selfish, etc. Recently, I can sense that he is finally on the move to get rid of me.l, while I actually wanted to fire him a long time ago. I can see him going to fail (not evil thought, just logical thought) and don't want to tell him to avoid. Am thinking what I should say to him when he dismisses me?

·
Registered
11,420 Posts
no point in burning bridges. sez me, who's been swimming in the same parochial little professional gene pool for 20 years now and had no idea when she started out just how parochial and incestuous it was going to turn out to be.

i'd check my legal rights as an employee and just leave it at that. moral high ground is fine in a way but it tends to look less impressive if/when you have to grovel to find something else and to keep your rent paid. up to you, but that's my two cents' worth on it.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Idk. What is there to say but 'bye'? No sense in burning bridges unless you think the friction was bigger than him and more of a systemic/company-wide problem. If that's the case, does your company have exit interviews with HR?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Say thank you, go find a better job, then call him to catch up and rub it in his face.

But seriously, what is the point in defending yourself? When you have nothing to prove to anyone you won’t feel the need to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Defecate on his desk or do the fight club scene (joking). Just start looking for better jobs and when found tell him you quit, you worked hard feel harassed and instead of burning bridges you found a better job and are leaving. Then create a supervirus that activates when the next poor sap logs into your computer. There is a reason why people don’t piss us off. (Ok ignore supervirus).

·
Registered
520 Posts
I'm an INTJ female, working in an advisory role to the boss. However, I think there must be a personality clash between my and my boss' personalities, as we never seem to agree on anything. He is an extrovert, doesn't like I'm sitting down there being quiet, while he doesn't understand, I am never quiet in my own mind. My mind is 24/7 constantly on thinking about how to improve the system. I don't like him either, for a lot of reasons. Not intelligent or educated, ruthless, cannot see the long term big picture, full of himself, selfish, etc. Recently, I can sense that he is finally on the move to get rid of me.l, while I actually wanted to fire him a long time ago. I can see him going to fail (not evil thought, just logical thought) and don't want to tell him to avoid. Am thinking what I should say to him when he dismisses me?
Start searching for a new job now, don't wait for him dismissing you of course.

Personally I would hate working so close with anybody. An advisory role to just one person is my definition of hell. It's like being someone's assistant and if I don't see myself doing something it's being somebody's assistant. I think nurturing types suit better for that.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Start searching for a new job now, don't wait for him dismissing you of course.

Personally I would hate working so close with anybody. An advisory role to just one person is my definition of hell. It's like being someone's assistant and if I don't see myself doing something it's being somebody's assistant. I think nurturing types suit better for that.
It probably depends on what you're advising on. A large part of my job is performing data analyses to guide strategy in our various fundraising programs, and it could be characterized as being advisory in nature, though I am also accountable to six different people at various times. With that said, I do have a hard time seeing a situation where you are advising one person full time without it eventually lapsing into assistant-type tasks.

·
Registered
520 Posts
It probably depends on what you're advising on. A large part of my job is performing data analyses to guide strategy in our various fundraising programs, and it could be characterized as being advisory in nature, though I am also accountable to six different people at various times. With that said, I do have a hard time seeing a situation where you are advising one person full time without it eventually lapsing into assistant-type tasks.
That's precisely what I mean.

If you're full-time advisor to anybody, you're their assistant.

Not to mention that the thread starter writes about a personality clash because of different levels of extraversion. When advising somebody from time to time or only on technical topics like data analysis, extraversion shouldn't play a significant role. It's a different story if she is expected to support him full-time on different subjects of course, when personalities can play a role.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts