Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
friedrich niestche,haraclitus,aynd rand,karl marx,an enlightened being name osho said that friedrich nietsche has the most potencial in the whole of the west and that if he were in the east he would of become a buddha/enlightened being now iv read alot on osho and research his views on infj philosophers,Arthur Schopenhauer , Ludwig Wittgenstein,plato,now he speaks well of them but not to the degree on the intj philosophers?why so?,what makes intj philosophers such geniuses?,is it perhaps they put there all in to thee work,like nietsche went mad,or isaac newton who spend days on his work,is it perhaps this drive and single focus on there work?

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
Wittgenstein could be INTJ. Edmund Husserl, a mathematician by training who became a philosopher, developed into an immature INTJ.

I have suspected for a while that Kurt Gödel, a mathematician who also became a philosopher/logician, might have been an INTJ, also not mature in his cognitive stack.

I'm going to EDIT to add that Wittgenstein is an INTJ, or is nothing. I can't articulate exactly why without making some kind of chart with pencil and paper, but I think that's right. I'm not a scholar of his work, in the sense of reading every single notebook entry that's ever been published (and it seems there's stuff coming out of the woodwork all the time, but I could be mistaken), and I don't know much of the secondary literature on him, but I think I know his major works and main notebooks well enough to be a sort of fanboy.

·
Plague Doctor
INTJ, 5w4, Ni-T type
6,039 Posts
I'd go as far to say that Isaac Asimov was a philosopher just because of the way he wrote out his ideas, especially in I Robot.

You had mentioned Nietzsche, who Jung refers to a lot in many of his books. I'd guess that he's probably the most famous modern (as opposed to ancient) philosopher.

I've always struggled with the definition of philosopher because it seems that philosophy and science tend to almost always meet at some point. In other words, it's difficult to be a scientist without being a philosopher also. But then, perhaps that's my romanticized notion of science.

But, for example, Stephen Hawking seems as much philosopher as Physicist to me.

Jean-Paul Sartre, who is often referred to as an INTJ is also sometimes called a philosopher.

And what about musicians who often have profound thoughts in their lyrics (the ones who actually write their own). For example, Roger Waters (Pink Floyd) or Annie Clark (St. Vincent).

Is Plato considered an INTJ? If not, I think he should be. Perhaps there's a better type for him, but I can't seem to imagine what it would be.

Wittgenstein could be INTJ. Edmund Husserl, a mathematician by training who became a philosopher, developed into an immature INTJ.
On that line of thinking, I'd also put John Nash up there, too.

- - - - - - - - - -

If someone asked me for examples, I'd say Plato, Nietzsche, and Sartre.

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
Is Plato considered an INTJ? If not, I think he should be. Perhaps there's a better type for him, but I can't seem to imagine what it would be.
That's an interesting suggestion.

Something about his role as "the scribe" to Socrates proto-hippie (I kid) suggests to me it's possible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts