Personality Cafe banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
^ I'll start my post by finishing a sentence

I've noticed that I reveal a lot of my inner workings and confide and vent in my INTP friend far more than anyone else, except possibly my mom.

Is there a particular reason that I feel like I can do so? Is it because you epitomize sexiness? I've also noticed that
I co-
me here
to vent
and
do whatever weird crap is in my head. I think this has to
do with the same reason I confide-vent (venf!) to my INTP friend. I'm
tired.

Now read the first letter of each line in the last paragraph.
edit: i made the title such because I want to know if intjs and intps are naturally set up to be good friends, if we're just really good friends, or im too trusting
bahala.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
I find that having experienced life in the same general way is a more solid indicator for friendship than type. I get along with INTJ, ISTJ, ISTP, blah blah, as long as they understand my POV and I understand theirs.

INTJ are different, though, there's definitely that Te inaccuracy of concept-for-itself that is really kind of alienating, tbh.

As long as you learn how to parse an INTJ's statements, they can be good help.

·
Registered
217 Posts
INTJs and INTPs don't typically get along for very long as friends. It really depends on how tact each is I suppose.

Te vs Ti
Ni vs Ne
Fi vs Fe
Se vs Si
This. If anyone wants to see INTJ vs INTP at its worse look up the philosophy of science and check how scientists respond to it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
My best friend in high school was an INTJ female, and my current girlfriend is one too. I've seen it described as a 'mind mate' relationship and I've found this to be the case. Sometimes I think my girlfriend can be rash in her decision making, but I think that is just the way her intuition works vs my introverted thinking. I was never in a relationship with the BF from high school so this never really mattered. I've found both of them to be very intellegent and they love my brain and can carry conversations about anything. All of us are sparce on the feelings so everything is always comfortable... its a good match.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts