Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am an INTJ guy and I there is an ENTP girl in my medical school that I have been macking on. I can't tell if she just likes to have me around for my witty intelligent conversations or if she has a romantic interest in me too. I always see her in groups, so I cannot be more blunt when I speak to her. To complicate things, I am Asian and she is white...we are both pretty good looking, though I'd say I'm a 8/10, she's a 9/10.

Below is a selected list of interactions...please help me interpret:

1. The first time I sat next to her and her friends we had a good conversation, and I felt almost like she was flirting with me cuz she was so friendly. The next day I sat next to her, she keeps bringing up dating and how the guys in school are all in a relationship. She also talks to her friend about how this latino physician is SOOO handsome, right in front of me. I am Asian and she is white, I can't tell if this is her way of saying "I am attracted to non-whites" or if this is her way of saying "don't mack on me, I'm obviously not thinking about you cuz im talking about some other guy". She never mentioned that guy again.

2. She would occasionally mention how she should date Jewish guys because they are so faithful to their wives. I can't tell if this is her way of saying "I'm looking for a real relationship/faithful guy" (she does get macked on a lot) or if this is her way of saying "you're Asian, I am not thinking about u" or "lets make race a topic open to discussion"

3. She caught me checking her out once and she beamed very happily. Does this mean anything or was she just being a girl?

4. After a particular test, she enthusiastically asked me if I was going to this guy's party, and if I was going to "cut loose." Did this mean "are you going to mack on me at the party?"

5. Long story short, I arrived to the preparty way too late, I never got the chance to talk to her but was trapped in a conversation with this Asian girl who just broke up with her bf. I never made it to the bar because my ride wasn't able to find the place. I showed up to the after party...There I see her holding hands with another classmate. I leave 2 minutes later, on the way out she asks "Do you only date Asian girls?" Was this a direct question, or was this her way of letting me off easy by saying "sorry I am with someone else, but I'll make it seem like it was your choice so you have pride?"

6. The other dude is actually kinda a friend of mine, she only hooked up with him, but they don't have anything beyond that, so thats not an issue. My question is, when I see her again, what should I do?...mack on her balls to the walls so she knows I'm interested in non Asians? Or forget about her and move on?

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
I think you're over-analyzing things a little bit, dude.

You will never be able to fully decode the words and actions of a female, try as you might... instead, just go with the flow and assume she's interested until she says otherwise.

Also, you might be thinking about the race card a little too much. I'm white, my boyfriend's Asian, and it's not even something I thought about.

·
Registered
749 Posts
^ Exactly what the nice lady above me said. Thinking does not belong anywhere in romance aside from wielding a glib wit. I've found dwelling on a woman and attacking with strategy to only result in rigid and contrived sounding dialogs, and believe me, women can sniff that stuff out right away. But I suppose for an INTJ this may present an interesting dilemma, seeing as for you strategizing comes naturally.

But none the less, I stand by my initial assessment of, "Just be yourself and don't dwell too much."

Plus, if she really is an ENTP, she'll be gaga for you. Everything I've heard from the ENTP ladies on this board suggests that they're absolutely super-smitten with INTJs.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Next time you are hanging around her start talking about whatever theory or idea you have going on. Even if it's 'How would one go about seducing you?'. Do you know for certain she is an ENTP? Another strategy is to ask her for assistance in solving a problem, even if you already have the answer. In other words, engage her intellect. Start an argument by disagreeing with her on something she is saying. The best way to get know what an ENTP is thinking about a topic, even if the topic is you, is to ask them directly.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
interesting

hmm, interesting replies. I am not the one who brings up race, she keeps bringing it up in front of me for some reason. I am in Texas right now where the separate but equal thing is fully in place, despite what people like to believe. I used to live in Cali, where it was a non issue. Also, I never had to mack on girls before unless I was going for a one night stand (usually cuz I was bored and needed a challenge), so I only macked on girls I was never interested in dating-wise. Usually, I just do my introverted/dominant thing not thinking about girls and ENFPs, ESFPs, and ENFJs would just come to me. Am I mistaken in thinking that ENTPs should be the ones macking on me? Isn't it a turnoff if I go mack on an ENTP?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Less thinking more doing. You're logical right? Well you're never going to get anything done by sitting by analyzing. Maybe she likes you, great! Maybe she doesn't..... but once you make a move she'll think "Well, I never really thought of him that way... meh, it's worth a shot Or maybe she liked you before, but once she gets to know you she won't like you as much. Bottom line, sitting back and observing will get you no where, and even if she doesn't like you "like that", she may have a couple friends she'd introduce you to, you just never know dude.

·
Registered
387 Posts
hmm, interesting replies. I am not the one who brings up race, she keeps bringing it up in front of me for some reason. I am in Texas right now where the separate but equal thing is fully in place, despite what people like to believe. I used to live in Cali, where it was a non issue. Also, I never had to mack on girls before unless I was going for a one night stand (usually cuz I was bored and needed a challenge), so I only macked on girls I was never interested in dating-wise. Usually, I just do my introverted/dominant thing not thinking about girls and ENFPs, ESFPs, and ENFJs would just come to me. Am I mistaken in thinking that ENTPs should be the ones macking on me? Isn't it a turnoff if I go mack on an ENTP?
Um, not necessarily. I've never really chased anyone, I guess I'm more traditional in that mindset. I have had one night stands where I came on to the guy however, but that was different. I would never do that with someone I went to school with or worked with. You have to call her attention to you first. And not just as another med student to study with. You have to exude confidence in yourself and show interest in her thoughts at the same time, otherwise she will sense weakness and start to avoid you. If the "macking" doesn't work out, you may want to try to befriend her. If she is an ENTP, as long as you share some similar interests you should get along fairly well. ENTPs and INTJs are "natural partners" according to PersonalityPage.com.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Here is my advice with all girls, not just ENTPs. Don't think too hard on anything they say except "no". That is the only big one you have to pay attention to (depending on the no you could easily change it to a yes lol). Just be yourself. Women (and especially ENTP women) can key in on any fakeness. Be interesting. Nothing worse than monotony. Always expect the best, but plan for the worst. The worst thing that happens is that she denies you and you either never talk again or just stay friends. Neither is a huge deal.

Just go for it. Do something unexpected and put it all on the line. Just chill and don't think about it. Just do it. Nike.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
There is something called little talk big do..

Time for some action?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol

yes, "mack"...as an INTJ, if i don't phrase things into comical terms, I come off sounding diabolical at times. Anyway, taking action is easier said than done because I don't see her that much anymore, we are both on different rotations/studying, where we put in 100 hrs a week. The only times I go out are months apart, usually one huge party every 2 months. This is why I only get one shot, essentially.

·
Registered
387 Posts
yes, "mack"...as an INTJ, if i don't phrase things into comical terms, I come off sounding diabolical at times. Anyway, taking action is easier said than done because I don't see her that much anymore, we are both on different rotations/studying, where we put in 100 hrs a week. The only times I go out are months apart, usually one huge party every 2 months. This is why I only get one shot, essentially.
It's okay to sound diabolical to an ENTP. We enjoy contributing to a good plan.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I am an INTJ guy and I there is an ENTP girl in my medical school that I have been macking on. I can't tell if she just likes to have me around for my witty intelligent conversations or if she has a romantic interest in me too. I always see her in groups, so I cannot be more blunt when I speak to her. To complicate things, I am Asian and she is white...we are both pretty good looking, though I'd say I'm a 8/10, she's a 9/10.

Below is a selected list of interactions...please help me interpret:

1. The first time I sat next to her and her friends we had a good conversation, and I felt almost like she was flirting with me cuz she was so friendly. The next day I sat next to her, she keeps bringing up dating and how the guys in school are all in a relationship. She also talks to her friend about how this latino physician is SOOO handsome, right in front of me. I am Asian and she is white, I can't tell if this is her way of saying "I am attracted to non-whites" or if this is her way of saying "don't mack on me, I'm obviously not thinking about you cuz im talking about some other guy". She never mentioned that guy again.

2. She would occasionally mention how she should date Jewish guys because they are so faithful to their wives. I can't tell if this is her way of saying "I'm looking for a real relationship/faithful guy" (she does get macked on a lot) or if this is her way of saying "you're Asian, I am not thinking about u" or "lets make race a topic open to discussion"

3. She caught me checking her out once and she beamed very happily. Does this mean anything or was she just being a girl?

4. After a particular test, she enthusiastically asked me if I was going to this guy's party, and if I was going to "cut loose." Did this mean "are you going to mack on me at the party?"

5. Long story short, I arrived to the preparty way too late, I never got the chance to talk to her but was trapped in a conversation with this Asian girl who just broke up with her bf. I never made it to the bar because my ride wasn't able to find the place. I showed up to the after party...There I see her holding hands with another classmate. I leave 2 minutes later, on the way out she asks "Do you only date Asian girls?" Was this a direct question, or was this her way of letting me off easy by saying "sorry I am with someone else, but I'll make it seem like it was your choice so you have pride?"

6. The other dude is actually kinda a friend of mine, she only hooked up with him, but they don't have anything beyond that, so thats not an issue. My question is, when I see her again, what should I do?...mack on her balls to the walls so she knows I'm interested in non Asians? Or forget about her and move on?
Tell her you think interracial is cool and that you'd like to date a white chick, but you haven't met one that's hot enough to grab your attention yet. ENTP love challenge. If she's interested, she WILL say something.

·
Registered
24 Posts
If she touches you. Staring at you like she's a little mesmerized. Really listens to what you say. Allways taking you "side" in anything. Asks you personal questions. Laughs at all your funny comments even if there not funny. Always seems to be "worried" about how you feel that day. Look out for this stuff. And be a leader, and ask her out. Women love leaders.

·
Registered
88 Posts
The title of this thread makes me grimace every time.
Plus I figure that in the last 8 months this guy has probably worked SOMETHING out.
Can we please stop bumping it?

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
WHY THIS GOTTA BE A WHITE AND A YELLOW THING!??

Seriously... huh? Mack?

·
Banned
1,706 Posts
I'd say if you want to tell an ENTP you love them make it fun! Go to your apt turn the light off and tell him/her to take their clothes off and you're only going to communicate with touch for the next 30 minutes the cool thing about this is the more people the more fun you can have

·
Registered
719 Posts
i didnt realize this was an old thread lmao (deleted comment)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts