Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That forum title is obviously not made by an INTJ.

But I'd like to comment on how INTJs speak (which speaks a lot for how they comport themselves).
Sometimes you use more words than is necessary, but you sure sound nice saying them.

Also, the systematic syntax is soothing.

Also, it's good to see you're (for the most part at least) not above the use of proper punctuation and real words . . . even on the internet.

NOW POST SOME OF THAT SWEET LANGUAGE OF YOURS!

EDIT: To clarify, I'm complimenting you on your assumed skills as writers and speakers.
You can comment on a number of things including but not limitied to: how ambiguous my word choice is (which by the way is often on purpose . . . double entendres amuse me), your process, what factors lead to the INTJ inclination towards good language composition, messages conveying flattery, eating socks, etc..

·
Registered
122 Posts
As we can't speak per say...only write

You're post should be INTJ write...or maybe i'm just thinking too far..

·
Banned
1,956 Posts
My fellow INTJ being sticklers that they are are asking for clarification about your question. They want to know how to get the answer right. How to get full credit for such a silly request. Words are not just words ( well at least to me ) they are symbols that I use to make images in my mind. (as a side note, you should see my library). INTJ value books books books. We are students of knowledge and of truth.

Am I close to getting full credit. :unsure:

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
I am not excessively verbose. I choose my words because I mean more than i say.

·
Banned
1,956 Posts
My fellow INTJ being sticklers that they are are asking for clarification about your question. They want to know how to get the answer right. How to get full credit for such a silly request. Words are not just words ( well at least to me ) they are symbols that I use to make images in my mind. (as a side note, you should see my library). INTJ value books books books. We are students of knowledge and of truth.

May I ask why you like our speak so much? If you like the exacting phrases and the overly complex way we explain concepts you should see the subtly that goes into two INTJs flirting. The nuances and double entendre can be quite intoxicating.

Reactions: bionic

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've got different modes when it comes to speak (like everyone else probably). First mode (let's call it blah-blah) is what I use at work and when dealing with the general population, basically dealing with chit-chat and other general nonsense. Second mode (real mode) is the real me, no nonsense (unless there's humor involved, which is most of the time, meaning real mode is also infused with nonsense a lot of the time...hmmmm).

Anyway, I would like to compliment your style of speak, Phoenix. It is pretty interesting.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts

The perciever style in work.

For the most part I stick to simple language, as it is economical. Though I ruminate on things "deeper" as they say, the bigger words just come out. Words are used to explain concepts, but I do admire well written... things.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
The perciever style in work.

For the most part I stick to simple language, as it is economical. Though I ruminate on things "deeper" as they say, the bigger words just come out. Words are used to explain concepts, but I do admire well written... things.
If one uses "as they say", then simple language isn't one's most natural inclination haha.

Most importantly, I try to focus on how to get my point across; it's all about being clear and articulate. One of the things I enjoy about the INTJ subforum is being exposed to so many great writers and their writing styles.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
I always make a big deal out of adding words I don't understand to my vocabulary. Today I wanted someone to clarify what the 'capitalistic dark-ages' were, and what it meant to 'atomize a community'. Words are important for communication and I wish people were more logical about it.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I love using very precise descriptions and words. This sometimes means using archaic or uncommon words. So be it. Precise language is extremely important, it should all be unambiguous.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I just use dramatic (and sometimes morbid) speech. I use more intense words than simple ones.
It's funny because I have a baby face which makes me look sweet and innocent. Then I open up my trap and it's a interesting shock to others.

Some things that I've said recently:
-Talking about doing something efficiently: "It's like killing two birds with a big boulder... splat"
-Complimenting someone's big arms: "My... what big arms you have. THE BETTER TO STRANGLE YOU WITH!" (reference to the big bad wolf)
-Someone talking about drowning in sorrow from assessments, and I reply with: "I LOVE garlic sauce. I'd rather drown in that than in sorrow" (Gently brushing aside their emotional side...:proud:)
-Knocking on someone's door, person asks "Who is it?". My reply: "Hired goons". (Simpsons reference)
-About Twilight: "If you see a topless guy that shines like a bitch in daylight, you can bet that it's just oily skin."

EXPLICIT-ISH
-Talking to a horny gay man: "If you like it when it hurts, I'll buy you a cactus to use as a dildo" (to dismiss his presence).

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
When I am around the general public I tend to use simple lexicon but if I am talking about something that is meaningful or profound then my terminology will advance with use.

Therefore:

Simple + Concise = Effectivity vs. Incompetent = Passionate + Abstruse

·
Banned
1,105 Posts
I have a word for you, and it's a very special word. I'm sure that you will be able to appreciate it fully. I now present to you the potent term that I have been alluding to: antidisestablishmentarianism.

Yes, I am indeed referring to the political movement that rejected the proposal of disestablishing the Church of England as the church of Wales, England, and Ireland.

Reactions: bionic

·
Registered
521 Posts
I'm not convinced I've seen any evidence in my, albeit brief, presence on these forums to prove INTJ's are fluent with the written word, or phenotypically representative of a grammatically superior group. Since MBTI typing is also not representative of aptitude or ability, and seems to be more of a behavioral classification system, I would suggest that INTJ's tend to just be more aware of details and openly judgmental, but only within a particular field that they are knowledgeable in. Having witnessed both INTJ's with atrocious writing and INTJ's with a slickly deft use of vocabulary, I would assume that the answers you seek already exist in the multitude of INTJ written postings throughout the INTJ forum. I would love to take it as a compliment that you see INTJ’s in this way, but I’ve seen the same writing skills in other types as well. All of this is IMHO, of course.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts