Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so my test taking abilities are very lackluster. I know a lot of information and study a lot for the test but I feel like they are such a game. I always find hidden meanings in each answer, like it could be this if....blah blah blah. But she must really mean this. ahhh I wish tests would be straight forward!! How do people survive these tests?! When taking them my mind runs crazy with possibilities and I end up not doing as well as I should.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
I would think that most intuitives, especially NPs, have had this problem. It's probably unhelpful, but just think of the question in the context of what the teacher wants and then save the possibilities for the essay portion of the test. I like to be nitpicky, too, but I've been told so many times that I'm better off not analyzing the question to the extent that I do.

·
Registered
153 Posts
i do well on tests yet there is always at least one question that starts to mysteriously talk to me when i go back over it, telling me there is a possibility i have been misled.. that it may not be as it seems. i know, talking to questions~ but then i get a bit paranoid. i proceed to reason with myself. oh, and i (also) usually go with my first instinct.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I go with my first instinct also. Which is always fucking right. Then I get paranoid thinking that it's wrong and change it. :frustrating:
This, and when my instincts don't say anything, I deliberately over analyze the question.

4 Posts
i would think intjs should exceed above all the other mbti types in rational abilities. as for the internal dialoguing such as second guessing, paranoia, strong anxiety, and instincts, other intjs have circumnavigated this trend through various methods. personally i am center brained and can consciously control which side of the brain to use more dominantly for questions. i.e. right brain: access to visual (spatial)/auditory construction, feelings; left brain: access to visual/auditory remembrance. i have found that the above forms of internal dialoguing arise from blurred thoughts from the left and right. its all about organizing ones own thinking hierarchy. after all, isn't the hallmark of the intj self reflection/absorption and deep lines of thought? furthermore, in general intjs might benefit from learning to tie off their bag of emotions and mushy thoughts.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ha easy for you to say. Your an INTJ male....you can get away with no feelings and musy stuff. I'm an INTJ female and I don't want to be alone for the rest of my life. I'm not going to tie my feelings off and I don't see the benefits of doing so. I love having feeling once and a while...usually I have these with people I really really care about. You have feelings to know that you stillr alive and are human. So, I totally disagree with you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts