Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello INTP people, how are you all? I've come over here from the INTJ side because the more I read the more I feel like I belong over this neck of the woods...anybody had the same experience? Is that why we're here, to belong, to unite, to understand who we are and why? :proud:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perhaps you are in between INTJ and INTP?
It's certainly a possibility, there's enough of us in the world so some of us are bound to be on the cusp but right now i'm not exactly sure what that means.

Can anyone make any recommendations on further reading?

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,577 Posts
Hi:cool:

ln which way are you finding yourself relating with INTP's:kitteh:

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
I had a similar experience. Every time I take the MBTI test my results say that I am an INTJ, but I definitely do not identify with INTJs as much as I do INTPs, and I have therefor typed myself as INTP.

Remember that it is your life/personality that we are talking about here. Typology tests are useful for giving you an idea of where you might fit, but overall you should be the one to figure it out. Do the research, read up on the different cognitive functions, and decide for yourself where you belong.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey there Lady O. W. Bro, what's the back story to your name?

Ok i'll take these two definitions from personalityjunkie as my point of reference:

P-types are outwardly receptive and adaptable. They are less apt to readily declare their opinions or impose their will on others. Consequently, they are, rightly or not, often perceived as good listeners and non-judgmental in their attitude toward others.J-types are outwardly firm, direct, opinionated, and decisive. They are less deterred than P-types from directly expressing their views or wishes. Others may turn to the outer strength of J-types in situations requiring a firm decision or conclusion.

The main characteristic here that I akin to most in p-type is I am indeed less apt to readily declare my opinion or impose my will on others unless I really think it's worth it.

The rest of the IT characteristics are accurate, my world is logical, predominantly inside my head, and I have a thirst for knowledge albeit rarely apply what I learn.

I'm struggling with the sensing vs intuition aspect as i'm a believer the two are intrinsically linked, intuition is a result of sensing that is perceived to by-pass reason yet if you ask someone who has concluded something by "intuition" will probably be able to explain, that or they'll be after your money first.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Repeated studies have shown that INTJs who can't help but feel are INTPs are actually ESFJs
I know that i'm an introvert, that's obvious, as you'll read above i'm struggling with S vs N as I think there's a direct link between them and T vs F is debatable, i'm a deep thinker and I generally lead introvertedly with impersonal logic and then amend my stance depending on the situation. In a business context then sometimes there's no need to be compassionate but when it's a friend i'm able to adapt and turn on the feels if required. The more I read about J vs P i'm leaning towards P as I think it's the p-type that allows me to be both SN and TF.

To conclude I think i'm a ISNTFP :proud: - who's with me?

·
Banned
174 Posts
I´ve just red about ESFJs

Dominant: Extraverted Feeling
Auxiliary: Introverted Sensing
Tertiary: Extraverted Intuition
Inferior: Introverted Thinking

i think what we see as socially extraverted means extraverted thinking! which ESFJ are not.

we have been ESFJs, but this cold world made INTP´s out of us HAHAHAHAHA !

·
Registered
309 Posts
I tested as INTJ too at first but after reading this article http://personalitycafe.com/intp-articles/15683-development-intp-children.html I identify mylself strongly as INTP.
Also How to tell if you are INTJ or INTP | CelebrityTypes.com this explains why some INTP test as INTJ while the opposite is rare.
You have to really understand the difference of JXP. The questions that test the preference are dumb sometimes.
Something like: " you get late to your appointments" - It depends. You can't get late if you have a job interview or have to catch a bus, in this occasion I would go sooner like a judger.

·
Banned
701 Posts
I know that i'm an introvert, that's obvious, as you'll read above i'm struggling with S vs N as I think there's a direct link between them and T vs F is debatable, i'm a deep thinker and I generally lead introvertedly with impersonal logic and then amend my stance depending on the situation. In a business context then sometimes there's no need to be compassionate but when it's a friend i'm able to adapt and turn on the feels if required. The more I read about J vs P i'm leaning towards P as I think it's the p-type that allows me to be both SN and TF.

To conclude I think i'm a ISNTFP :proud: - who's with me?
You have to read about the cognitive functions.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Dude, come on, even if we agree that Type might have an exception, ISNTFP is not very plausible.
I think you are missing the point of MBTI. There is no doubt that you have N along with S and T and F, but it's all about your overall preference!
You need to decide which dichotomy fits you more in general, and which functions are the most developed. About S being connected to N, I think you just don't fully understand what N means as a way of perception.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I tested as INTJ too at first but after reading this article http://personalitycafe.com/intp-articles/15683-development-intp-children.html I identify mylself strongly as INTP.
Also How to tell if you are INTJ or INTP | CelebrityTypes.com this explains why some INTP test as INTJ while the opposite is rare.
You have to really understand the difference of JXP. The questions that test the preference are dumb sometimes.
Something like: " you get late to your appointments" - It depends. You can't get late if you have a job interview or have to catch a bus, in this occasion I would go sooner like a judger.
I'M RARE. Like 90% of the tests I took that have ANYTHING to do with MBTI decided I'm INTP. I'm like.. Leave me alone damn it, I know who I am.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dude, come on, even if we agree that Type might have an exception, ISNTFP is not very plausible.
I think you are missing the point of MBTI. There is no doubt that you have N along with S and T and F, but it's all about your overall preference!
You need to decide which dichotomy fits you more in general, and which functions are the most developed. About S being connected to N, I think you just don't fully understand what N means as a way of perception.
:laughing: I get the system dude, i'm just having fun with it as a framework, and making light of the fact that it is just a framework and that us human are bloody brilliant things. I think you're right about me not understanding the difference between S and N, i'm looking at it from the wrong angle, being too definitive but then maybe the system needs to change to stop it from being misinterpreted. Sorry Carl!

When you find definitions like this "Intuition is a knowing, a sensing that is beyond the conscious understanding" and then you have psychological and and sociological framework which is making intuition and sensing into a dichotomy no wonder i'm confused.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'M RARE. Like 90% of the tests I took that have ANYTHING to do with MBTI decided I'm INTP. I'm like.. Leave me alone damn it, I know who I am.
Why do we take any personality tests in the first place? To find out if we have one? To find out more about ourselves? For positive reassurance? Out of curiosity? To belong?

Do you know who you are? I'm not sure I know who I am yet...but it's a fun process none the less.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Why do we take any personality tests in the first place? To find out if we have one? To find out more about ourselves? For positive reassurance? Out of curiosity? To belong?

Do you know who you are? I'm not sure I know who I am yet...but it's a fun process none the less.

I think you really are an INTP lol

1 - 20 of 28 Posts