Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a very good INTJ friend.

Who wants to lose his virginity.

However he's INTJ nature probably makes him terrible at flirting and getting along with women other than a platonic/professional relationship.

He's not physically unattractive. He has good hygiene. etc etc I just don't understand why he hasn't gotten some yet.

Why would I care? Its gotten to the point that losing his virginity has taken precedence over everything else in his life.

I was just wondering if anyone could share their stories about getting some lol. (INTJ specifically)

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh i forget to say, He's not gay, so no gay sex. And no prostitutes, just his personal preference.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I wish I had stories, but I was the hunted not the hunter. Got lucky there I guess. I would suggest you read PUA materials and practice that shit. Some may not believe in it, but the alternative is going out there without any preparation and it probably won't go over well.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
for a minute I had no idea what she ment by transparent!

I'd like to make clear, this thread NOT about me. But I guess if I deny it, automatically makes me more guilty, so I say why not all learn from this thread :D no one has really answer the question though :(

·
Banned
245 Posts
@Miss Scarlet

Made me laugh out loud. I had the exact same thought once I read the title.

There are too many variables here to consider. I would need to speak to him personally about his preferences, overall personality, appearance, and a whole host of background info. on what problems he's had in finding a decent female with whom to subject to coitus.

P.s. Obsession with losing your virginity purely for the sake of losing it is unhealthy and will make an awkward first. Its a damb shame if that's what its truly gotten to. And it might be a compounding reason why he hasn't been able to lose it. It just happens. And if it doesn't, there are always obvious reasons.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wish I had stories, but I was the hunted not the hunter. Got lucky there I guess. I would suggest you read PUA materials and practice that shit. Some may not believe in it, but the alternative is going out there without any preparation and it probably won't go over well.
the INTJ is firmly fixed in his ways, he can talk down a woman ( a NEG or something rather) but seems to have trouble escalating and moving to the next step etc. I feel that all the PUA stuff is more suited to ESTJ and ESTP, my INTJ just doesn't talk very much frankly.

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
the INTJ is firmly fixed in his ways, he can talk down a woman ( a NEG or something rather) but seems to have trouble escalating and moving to the next step etc. I feel that all the PUA stuff is more suited to ESTJ and ESTP, my INTJ just doesn't talk very much frankly.

"He's" using negs? Really? What a loser. And guys still wonder how come they can't get girls.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@Miss Scarlet

Made me laugh out loud. I had the exact same thought once I read the title.

There are too many variables here to consider. I would need to speak to him personally about his preferences, overall personality, appearance, and a whole host of background info. on what problems he's had in finding a decent female with whom to subject to coitus.

P.s. Obsession with losing your virginity purely for the sake of losing it is unhealthy and will make an awkward first. Its a damb shame if that's what its truly gotten to. And it might be a compounding reason why he hasn't been able to lose it. It just happens. And if it doesn't, there are always obvious reasons.
Not to divulge too much personal information incase he finds it over the net (quite computer savvy he is). But from my understanding of personality types he's your run of the mill INTJ (not saying that INTJs have trouble getting laid), but he's not particularly attractive to be the chasee, and he's not particular good at chasing, probably due to the introversion. There's definite a lot of clinging to the comfort zone, in my opinion. There is only so much motivating a friend can do, and its getting to the point that the obsession is starting to affect the person. I really don't think there are that many variables to be honest.

If I were to draw my own conclusion its just he doesn't get to meet new people enough. He's also a bit of a misanthrope.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
"He's" using negs? Really? What a loser. And guys still wonder how come they can't get girls.
He doesn't but he can, I've read the whole PUA thing and I believe a NEG is comment that talks down at a woman right? Nevermind, forget the whole PUA thing, I would personally recommend against it.

·
Banned
245 Posts
I'm a misanthrope. Doesn't mean I have problems openly being social or speaking with the majority of individuals on a friendly interpersonal basis.

He's going to have an increasingly rough time getting laid. Everyone likes something different, but being a negative, antisocial, set-in-your-own-ways recluse just makes you averse to even meeting new people. My only advice is to wake up, start being more friendly and accepting, otherwise no female will have interest in his negative personality.

Dressing sharp and being charming is always key. And I know many of us INTJ's have the intellectual and subtle charm to us; it just needs to be employed correctly.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm a misanthrope. Doesn't mean I have problems openly being social or speaking with the majority of individuals on a friendly interpersonal basis.

He's going to have an increasingly rough time getting laid. Everyone likes something different, but being a negative, antisocial, set-in-your-own-ways recluse just makes you averse to even meeting new people. My only advice is to wake up, start being more friendly and accepting, otherwise no female will have interest in his negative personality.

Dressing sharp and being charming is always key. And I know many of us INTJ's have the intellectual and subtle charm to us; it just needs to be employed correctly.
I agree, you INTJ are incredibly charming, I would date him (if he were a woman with a male INTJ wit) any day. Yes it just needs to be employed correctly. Don't get me wrong, he is a great guy and he's fun and sociable (and not a recluse), but he has trouble moving to the next step, I figure its because of the inexperience that causes him to not know what to do when appropriate. I reckon who he needs a rough tomboyish woman that will take him by the reins, and initiate everything for him. All the girls so far have just used him for listening post.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Awww, the classic struggle continues...........

Also, "negging" is for losers...............so maybe you're right about it being for ESTx's (I'm kidding, I'm kidding :laughing:)Most the guys on PUA forums probably never "pick-up" anyone in actuality.

·
Banned
486 Posts
He doesn't but he can, I've read the whole PUA thing and I believe a NEG is comment that talks down at a woman right? Nevermind, forget the whole PUA thing, I would personally recommend against it.
I believe you're correct about what they think it means. Personally I think it just keeps women confused, the negativity of it is irrelevant its just about not letting them settle mentally. A woman who is mentally off balance is more likely to make a poor decision, a man too of course.

Back to the OP concern.

You're friends problem is probably one of exposure and experience. Obvious I know but hear me out, I've known several people like him who got trapped into those kinds of mental circles about romance. The reason he's not good at it is that he has no exposure.
The problem may also be his pride, or specifically how much of it he thinks he is eating when he has to "sell" himself as a potential mate. The longer a guy fails with women the more that failure becomes a wall, a burden, and a threat to his pride. Every time he pictures himself approaching a woman he sees that wall between him and her.

You're options are fairly simple. Get the guy exposure and provide support or hunt down a woman who will help him lose his burden. The second could honestly be better, getting drunk and picking someone up rarely results in the best of sex. Conversely a woman who knows she has a virgin to play with and likes that fact, she'll show him some things.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I believe you're correct about what they think it means. Personally I think it just keeps women confused, the negativity of it is irrelevant its just about not letting them settle mentally. A woman who is mentally off balance is more likely to make a poor decision, a man too of course.

Back to the OP concern.

You're friends problem is probably one of exposure and experience. Obvious I know but hear me out, I've known several people like him who got trapped into those kinds of mental circles about romance. The reason he's not good at it is that he has no exposure.
The problem may also be his pride, or specifically how much of it he thinks he is eating when he has to "sell" himself as a potential mate. The longer a guy fails with women the more that failure becomes a wall, a burden, and a threat to his pride. Every time he pictures himself approaching a woman he sees that wall between him and her.

You're options are fairly simple. Get the guy exposure and provide support or hunt down a woman who will help him lose his burden. The second could honestly be better, getting drunk and picking someone up rarely results in the best of sex. Conversely a woman who knows she has a virgin to play with and likes that fact, she'll show him some things.
Amen and god bless :D (seriously)

We gonna expose to some ladies on the weekend :D

Reactions: Mountainshepherd

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
PUA is a load of shit.

Its basic common sense made to look complicated and stuff that isn't even required put in.

you are getting people who have never so much as said 2 words to a woman.....they are cleaning themselves up...which is always good for getting women, and talking to more than 50 times more women then they ever have before, of course your going to find someone that will sleep with it, it's basic numbers

If loosing his virginity is that important, it doesn't matter who with, go to a party, make sure there is tonnes of booze going around

1 - 20 of 46 Posts