Personality Cafe banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
*Triple Thanks*
3,287 Posts
I will concede that more often than not, the debates that spring from zombie threads are loosely, if at all, related to the initial topic. However, that is often the case even in live threads....especially when ENFPs are involved.
I couldn't disagree more. Just because an INTJ 8w5 was a nonsensically irrational topic doesn't mean it's not worth finding a clever way to throw it into a debate (which NEVER happen) in a zombie thread. You are so very wrong and the premise for your assertions is entirely invalid.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
I couldn't disagree more. Just because an INTJ 8w5 was a nonsensically irrational topic doesn't mean it's not worth finding a clever way to throw it into a debate (which NEVER happen) in a zombie thread. You are so very wrong and the premise for your assertions is entirely invalid.
Doesn't just saying "There's no such thing as an 8w5" kind of defeat the purpose of debating it? I mean, you can prove with just about any enneagram resource that you can only have a wing that is directly above or below the main number. I suppose you could debate what type/wing could be mistaken for that mismatched pair....or question if it's just that not being sure if he was an 8 or a 5, he smooshed the 2 together into a single entity.

Also, doesn't the very challenge make me more likely to create that situation? Absolutes are dangerous to use in an argument. >.> Unless you're talking about something like death, there is a *potential* for an exception, given the right circumstances.

·
*Triple Thanks*
3,287 Posts
Doesn't just saying "There's no such thing as an 8w5" kind of defeat the purpose of debating it? I mean, you can prove with just about any enneagram resource that you can only have a wing that is directly above or below the main number. I suppose you could debate what type/wing could be mistaken for that mismatched pair....or question if it's just that not being sure if he was an 8 or a 5, he smooshed the 2 together into a single entity.
I actually joked I was an 8w5 myself when I first read the Enneagram profiles, because I couldn't decide which was right...and it turned out neither was right.

Also, doesn't the very challenge make me more likely to create that situation? Absolutes are dangerous to use in an argument. >.> Unless you're talking about something like death, there is a *potential* for an exception, given the right circumstances.
You are absolutely right. :wink:

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
I actually joked I was an 8w5 myself when I first read the Enneagram profiles, because I couldn't decide which was right...and it turned out neither was right.

You are absolutely right. :wink:
Lol. Sneaky, sneaky. I knew you were messing with me, but I just kept going along with it anyway.

·
Banned
156 Posts
re: 8w5 wing

i just feel like ive had this debate a hundred times and maybe i didnt give anybody the chance to explain why they thought 8w5 made sense. im sure its possible but it just sounds like your reacting to paranoia and anxiety. you sound like a 6. aggression is not sinonomous with being an 8 and it sounds like the only "8ish trait" you have

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
You could be an 8 on the path of disintegration. Unhealthy 8s go to 5. Just another alternative to the tritype explanation.

·
Banned
156 Posts
i sont know how to use this system yet so i dont know which comments are for me and aren't but i am a little annoyed by the responses to my post. you two seem to be talking about a desire to debate but aren't actually putting anything forward to support the possibility of an 8w5. i layed out an explanation for why it would be improbable and why the creator of this thread likely thought he/she was an 8w5 while being a 6w5 (overwhelming anxiety with aggression issues sounds like an imbalanced 6, aggression alone doesn't make you an 8). all youve done is point out what you perceive to be holes in logic without actually doing anything. if you think that an 8w5 is possible that is great, i explained in a fair amount of detail why i disagree with the poster and you have done nothing to address anything ive said other than try to claim im stifling debate

·
Banned
156 Posts
i sont know how to use this system yet so i dont know which comments are for me and aren't but i am a little annoyed by the responses to my post. you two seem to be talking about a desire to debate but aren't actually putting anything forward to support the possibility of an 8w5. i layed out an explanation for why it would be improbable and why the creator of this thread likely thought he/she was an 8w5 while being a 6w5 (overwhelming anxiety with aggression issues sounds like an imbalanced 6, aggression alone doesn't make you an 8). all youve done is point out what you perceive to be holes in logic without actually doing anything. if you think that an 8w5 is possible that is great, i explained in a fair amount of detail why i disagree with the poster and you have done nothing to address anything ive said other than try to claim im stifling debate

·
Registered
1 Posts
EDIT: Okay, so I was confused due to some UNRELIABLE source. Ahem. Anywho, still trying to figure out my wing, but I'm definately an 8, level 6... which is the first step to average. I'm almost unhealthy. So that explains all that 5 crap.

Okay, so I just retook the Enneagram Test and I ended up with a type 8w5. The two were very close. I used to be a 5, but apparently an ill 8 can act like a 5 and I'm just now seeing a good psychologist. Anywho, if there are any INTJs out there type 8 wing 5, I would very much like to hear from you. I couldn't find one, or a thread on them, so I'm creating a tiny gathering point for our species before we're wiped out! Ah!

I don't want comments from INTJs saying 'Oh, I'm a type 5, does that help?'. No! I've met my share of them, thank you. Sorry.

I don't want comments from some ENTP saying 'Oh, I'm a type 8w4!'.

I just want what I asked for, because that is specifically what I am looking for. Understood? Here I wish to meet people like me, and have people like me meet people like them. Maybe makes some friends. I dunno, just don't ruin my thread for no reason. I really want to know if my type is uncommon! And... I'm anxious. Nervous, anxious - not excited, anxious. I mean, what if I'M THE ONLY ONE?!?!

GASP.

So prove me wrong. ;)

(My other thread is [INTJ] An INTJ Has A Reason For Everything - Psychological Issues)
Hey dude.
I’m an INTP with enneagram type 8 wing 5

21 - 30 of 30 Posts