Registered
565 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts

·
Banned
5,496 Posts
My daughter keeps torturing me with the whole load of kpops. Most notably those exo 'cuties'. Hahaha. Roflolmao.

While me... I keep returning to the past...

p.s: for my own enjoyment, around 50% of the time i switched the subject : me >< you
you wish you were special
you don't belong here

·
Registered
565 Posts
My daughter keeps torturing me with the whole load of kpops. Most notably those exo 'cuties'. Hahaha. Roflolmao.

While me... I keep returning to the past...

p.s: for my own enjoyment, around 50% of the time i switched the subject : me >< you
you wish you were special
you don't belong here
I still don't like the K-Pop boy groups. Their songs sound like crap and their dancing makes me cringe and look away. But I have found some of the K-Pop girl groups know how to ROCK, or knew how before they disbanded. And their dancing rivets my eyes to the screen. There are probably some K-Pop girl group songs that are reminiscent of 90s rock, but being an 80s rock fan, I don't think I can point you in the right direction.

You must be about ten years younger than me, I listened to 80s rock and quit listening to popular music in 1990. What's odd about me (okay, many other things, too), I grew up in the 1970s but hated 70s rock and still do. I can still vividly remember the TWO songs I heard on the bus going to or from school that I liked as a kid, and it wasn't until maaany years later that I found out what they were... one was "I Bet You They Won't Play This Song On the Radio" by Monty Python, and the other was "Bomb Iran" by Vince Vance & the Valiants, a parody cover of "Barbara Ann" by the Beach Boys. So one was a complete novelty song and the other was a parody of a 60s song. Since the internet, I have discovered some 70s songs that I like okay but that I never heard as a kid, like our local station never played Fleetwood Mac, I don't know why. It played "Disco Duck" often enough. I have also discovered that some of the Perry Como songs that I like were actually released in the 1970s. Hard to believe, but Perry Como had hit songs in the middle of the 1970s rock/disco era.

Here's a distinctly "shades of the 80s" K-Pop song that came out in 2014...

Reactions: contradictionary

·
Registered
1 Posts
Listeners and Feedback Wanted (and a fan or two wouldn't hurt)

I am looking for an audience since the release of my "album" coincided with the release of a worldwide pandemic.

The 9 tracks that are up now at the Youtube channel for "Mister Least Interesting" are in the can, but I am taking in feedback for the production of the next 11 tracks. Any love / respectful comments / appreciation or heaven forbid future subscribers (I have 5, and 3 are family :p) would be MOST appreciated.

Serious thanks,
MLI

·
Registered
257 Posts
I find a lot of Simon Wilkinson's music, most of which I suppose could be called "celestial soundtrack", to be very relaxing.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
What I'm listenning to.........
I'm not going to post a bunch of singing vids; I'll just list the shit. you can do with it whavr u wana do.

<<<<<<<-----------------take it frum a koon!

Joan Jett - Bad Reputaion - the entire thing but songs in particular
Bad Reputation
Wasted
I love Rock & Roll
Fetish
Change The World *
Femnazi
Cherry Bomb - When she was with The Runaways
Androgynous
The whole set it fukin rocks - Joan Jett Rocks Luv her 4 ver
This is ALWAYS in the truck cab for I'm driving

Ridin with the King - entire thing BB King & ERic Claypton
Great Blues in its entirety always in the back of the truck for lead off - my "warm up" band.

Dark Side of The Moon - Pink Floyd
Always in its entirety most of this set is fore play leading up to "Brain Damage" etc. which is the climax of the set

jonny Koon will add in general - Great Blues and Major league kik ass fukin ROCK & ROOL!

Pretty Reckless ALL! Bit Rox!
jus sayin Jonny Koon Luzsha

·
Registered
INTJ
535 Posts
Sad, love and intellectual song for the time.

Inkubus Sukkubus - Young Lovers

Let's have you show some grief
For the fools let your hearts bleed
For those who are lost in love
Those who cry for a lover's lies
Wipe the tears from your eyes
Don't cry for love

Young Lovers suffer the pains of love

Underneath a winter's moon
The end has come too soon
And filled the world with pain
In the night and in the day