Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
while this seems like a weird ass question... i have put an embarassing amount of thought into this...

when i was a little girl, i would wonder why all my friends would always wear nail polish..

as iv grown up, i honestly feel that nail polish is almost unnecessary. except for maybe prom, weddings, or any other special event.

INTJs are rational people. we tend to not like to deal with unnecessary "stuff" (and i use the word "stuff" loosely) ..things that we believe do not have significance or meaning.

what are your thoughts?

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
My sister who's an INTJ wears nail polish
She seems to enjoy fixing herself up and making herself look nice. She is 15 though, so it may just be because she's a teenager

I never liked nail polish before the age of 15 really, before that i was just a major tom boy haha
But now I wear it as a form of self expression almost...I usually have my nails in multiple colors...it's also because I kinda like things to be different and not painting them at all somehow seems boring to me hehe
That doesn't really make sense, but that's who I am, someone who doesn't make sense lol

Reactions: Grey

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I used to wear nail polish in my early 20s. I loved going into the nail salon and getting a manicure (which was already weird), and then see the reactions when I would tell them to paint my nails lime green or purple. I miss doing that... nail salons are really funny places that get even more amusing when I "invaded" it. I never sat at home and painted my nails, though.

·
Banned
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My sister who's an INTJ wears nail polish
She seems to enjoy fixing herself up and making herself look nice. She is 15 though, so it may just be because she's a teenager

I never liked nail polish before the age of 15 really, before that i was just a major tom boy haha
But now I wear it as a form of self expression almost...I usually have my nails in multiple colors...it's also because I kinda like things to be different and not painting them at all somehow seems boring to me hehe
That doesn't really make sense, but that's who I am, someone who doesn't make sense lol

haha alrighty. i guess my theory is shot to hell lol worth a try.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I like painting nails and trying to get a smooth finish, but i hate having painted nails in sight, so i either do my sisters or i paint my toe nails.

Reactions: mdawn and Grey

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I never, ever polish my nails.

I actually have good nails so they don't need extra nourishment.

As a kid, I used to paint my nails for fun - it'd help me to express my wardrobe ideas :p. Teenagers do enjoy expressing their identity through experimental fashion, lawl.

I agree INTJs have a tendency to wish to be practical in their actions and so in some individuals' cases polishing their nails isn't part of a necessary process.

Unless they find it practical to make their nails 'look good' according to certain standards designed by certain people.

It's a personal choice. ^ ^

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
haha alrighty. i guess my theory is shot to hell lol worth a try.
Well everyone's different...and it's a really interesting theory at its core anyway

Reactions: Grey

·
Banned
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I never, ever polish my nails.

I actually have good nails so they don't need extra nourishment.

As a kid, I used to paint my nails for fun - it'd help me to express my wardrobe ideas :p. Teenagers do enjoy expressing their identity through experimental fashion, lawl.

I do agree INTJs have a tendency to wish to be practical in their actions.
thank you. thats what i was trying to say. but i often go off into weird directions and say too much haha

Well everyone's different...and it's a really interesting theory at its core anyway
yes, everyone is different. and i thought about this idea awhile ago but had NO ONE to discuss it with haha but i finally got it out there.

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
while this seems like a weird ass question... i have put an embarassing amount of thought into this...

when i was a little girl, i would wonder why all my friends would always wear nail polish..

as iv grown up, i honestly feel that nail polish is almost unnecessary. except for maybe prom, weddings, or any other special event.

INTJs are rational people. we tend to not like to deal with unnecessary "stuff" (and i use the word "stuff" loosely) ..things that we believe do not have significance or meaning.

what are your thoughts?
I'm a man so I'll have no opinion on this, but I do have a question:

Lipstick is used a lot more than nail polish. Looking at your logic I wonder: Why's lipstick more important than nail polish? Is it just because it's easier to put on and take off?

·
Banned
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm a man so I'll have no opinion on this, but I do have a question:

Lipstick is used a lot more than nail polish. Looking at your logic I wonder: Why's lipstick more important than nail polish? Is it just because it's easier to put on and take off?

i honestly dont even use lipstick. most ladies my age dont. older woman that feel it necessary to wear lipstick probably do so because they grew up in a time period where that was 'the thing to do'...

honestly, im not a pro at the subject of lipstick.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I occasionally paint my nails...actually did them last Sunday, when I did my toes for the first time since the weather warmed up. I do like to paint my toenails in the summer...pedicures last about a month :), so it is worth it to do it.

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
I'm very feminine for an INTJ. I like to keep myself kept. I can't even go out of the house without foundation and some gloss or lipstick on. I love lipstick because it lasts more than gloss. I only wear red lipstick though or a darker pink. I'm also 20 yrs old if that matters.

I'm blessed with great nails naturally so I don't have to do much to keep them up. I used to have to tend to them more when I was in the automotive field though. I wear nail polish often and I only wear red, pink, black, or dark reds. I love getting manicures and pedicures but I'd rather do it myself since it saves me cost. The lady at the nail salon always yells at me because when I do get a mani, its when my nails get too long for her hahaha. :tongue:

·
Registered
377 Posts
I rarely paint my nails. I don't think I have done it in years actually. Sometimes I'll get an urge to do it, and after wards I'm just like, "What the hell was I thinking? Ughhh." I'm not much of a girly girl anyway. The only makeup I'll wear is foundation, mascara, and occasionally eyeliner. I don't like how I look with lipstick/lip gloss on.

·
Administrator
ESFJ
22,406 Posts
I rarely wear makeup, nail polish, wear jewellery, play dressups etc. I like to keep my hair short but in a colour that is neither red nor orange but both. I was a punk/skinhead (anti-fascist) growing up so I like my jeans and boots. I guess that classifies me as a little tomboyish.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm an INTp, so I guess I'll comment here..

I never really felt the need.
I always knew that I would mess them up, anyway, because I had a habit of biting my nails.
Plus, I liked to skateboard off little homemade ramps and ride my bike around when I was younger, so I found it pointless, and uninteresting.

·
Banned
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm an INTp, so I guess I'll comment here..

I never really felt the need.
I always knew that I would mess them up, anyway, because I had a habit of biting my nails.
Plus, I liked to skateboard off little homemade ramps and ride my bike around when I was younger, so I found it pointless, and uninteresting.

i gotcha.

see, im starting to believe my theory may have a bit of truth....and yes, i do realize its all a matter of opinion and such.

...and some ppl will through in the argument "well, if your a girly INTJ, you will wear nailpolish. im pretty girly. i like to wear make-up..and keep my hair looking decent. but i suppose those traits are more about self-confidence. but i hate wearing nailpolish. i dont see the need for it.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I cannot live w/o my toenails painted..... always bold, bright colors. Coral/watermelon/red etc.

Mosty clear on the nails, I go more natural there....even a little chip on my fingernails drives me insane. So, it isnt that I dont do it because I dont like it, it is the hassle of it not being to my standard. Not that I would ever wear anything BOLD on my fingers, I am a less is more type of girl.

I cant go w/o my lip gloss either. It is more neutral with a kinda glitter/glimmer.

·
Registered
114 Posts
like i mentioned in another thread

I love to wear nail polish, because it's very good for my nails, that are indeed, very weak. They're always chipping, and nail polish reduces it quite a lot.

I also love makeup!!! I don't wear a lot. but i cant go out without blush and mascara.

I'm very feminine. maybe it has a lot to do my visual aspect of my intelligence being very strong, or that I've been drawing all my life. but i love to play with imagery. It's my theory. of course i have more. but i'm hungry. :D

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
INTP here. I went through a nail polish phase but I only wore it on my toenails, partly out of self-expression and partly because I thought they looked ugly/gross otherwise. but I quit because I think having polish on them all the time made them unhealthy, plus I got sick of maintaining them. I don't wear polish on my fingernails because it would just get chipped and scratched when I do things. it seems excessively fussy/prissy to me to avoid doing certain things because "it'll ruin my nails!"

1 - 20 of 49 Posts