Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you INTJ's on here feel about fitness? Personally I tend to be pretty dedicated and disciplined when it comes to both my fitness and nutrition. I surf 1-3 times per week for around 2 hours per session, and spend an hour at the gym 3-4 times per week. I also typically avoid processed foods, and try and stick to eating mostly lean meats, fruits, and vegetables. Is it typical of INTJ's to be health/fitness conscientious?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Same here, minus the surfing
I spend roughly 1-1.5 hours in the gym 5 times per week, try to eat as healthy as I can but my parents arent wealthy enough to get all the best foods, but I never eat at Restaurants, pretty much never eat treats or soda ever.
I put a lot of priority into it, infact im about to head off to the gym now, leg day :)

however because I put a lot of time and focus into it rather than school I feel like im a rather... well... dumb INTJ. I mean I feel like im expected to get B's or A's in all my classes but I get mostly C's and sometimes worse :/ I enjoy a lot of what I learn,im just no genius like most other INTJ's :laughing:

·
Registered
76 Posts
4x50 sit-up and back and arms excersice of 3x10 with weights of 15 kg, 6 times per week. All of this in my own house.

Reactions: White River

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just wanna stay thin enough so that I can see my you know what when I take a shower. My motto since being a little kid has been the more you exercise, the more you can eat. I don't lift much though, pretty much just running, running workouts, pickup basketball, skiing, and maybe some soccer or tennis

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I don't watch what I eat, but I tend to stay away from fast food and eating out in general because I feel myself getting sick afterwards. I usually eat home-cooked meals with a lot of vegetables, and I find working out to be very mundane and an absolute chore.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I also go from one extreme to the other. One year I'll be glued to the sofa eating nothing but crap. The next I'll be eating 100% clean and doing triathlons and weightlifting 5 days a week. Haven't managed to find a sustainable and healthy middle ground.

·
Registered
11,831 Posts
hell no, i'm not 'conscientious' about it. just hearing the word makes me think of all the joyless little automatons all around me, who seem like they do it because it's one of the seven habits of highly effective people or something. very type a and humourless.

i just do the things that i do because i like doing them. and i take smoke breaks in between lifts at the gym.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
I used to be real good about it when I was younger. Growing up, we had a huge yard and a lot of neighborhood road with little traffic, so when we weren't running around outside, we were riding bikes or even swimming (we had a pool too).

Man, it sounds like so much looking back now...

Anyway, it's harder these days since I live in an apartment. I miss the openness of running around in my own backyard. There's a lot more traffic walking around the apartment complex and not a lot of space to run.

I guess I never really adjusted to the change of environment when it comes to exercise. I get most of it inside now, but it's been years since I've even touched the kind of shape I was in back then. Gyms and treadmills are still weird to me. They feel so artificial, I guess cause of what I grew up with.

·
Registered
11,831 Posts
Gyms and treadmills are still weird to me. They feel so artificial, I guess cause of what I grew up with.
kind of the same way but i've slowly morphed into a gym rat in the past year. i've still never got friendly with treadmills, but the free weights sections of my city's rec centre complex have turned into something resembling my own backyard, in my mind. same kind of 'stuff to play on!' feeling.

and bike commuting . . . idk, i grew up mostly in a house on a national highway and biked all over a biggish city when i was a kid so maybe that's why biking to work was such a flashback for me. but i never do a commute without there's at least one moment in it where i feel like i'm 12 years old and lighting out for the outskirts again with a stack of sandwiches and a book and nothing to do all day but just go.

i feel like i'm getting away with something because i'm about the only person i know who starts the trip to work with this mental escape hatch that makes me feel like i'm going anywhere but.

·
Banned
2,984 Posts
I'm either obsessive about fitness/nutrition or I live on my couch with a steady diet of pizza and cheez-its. Would love to find a happy medium. :frustrating:
Sounds about right for me. I am disciplined most of the time, but I have tendency towards binging on things from time to time.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I'm a vegetarian, former athlete, but I don't get in the gym much anymore. Lately I've been using my skateboard to get around, great form of fitness.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I'm disciplined about diet and exercise, especially diet. I am interested in food :happy: and the nutritional value of food items. Lately, I've been exercising rather lightly, but I have to get off my butt and do something everyday. Even if it is a brisk walk or going for a spin. It's good for my body, but also good for my brain.

·
Registered
ILI
5,652 Posts
I eat a plant-based diet.

But you can't get me to exercise. I walk to get from A to B. I don't walk "for fun" or whatever.

I don't know of any physical activity I could do that I would actually enjoy. They would all feel annoying and like a waste of time.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I'm either obsessive about fitness/nutrition or I live on my couch with a steady diet of pizza and cheez-its. Would love to find a happy medium. :frustrating:
Precisely. I've found that it generally follows the seasons for me though most years, I'm a couch potato in the winter and then peek my head out in the spring and do my best to get back in shape. Trying to change that just seems like I lose motivation come winter time.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
I love my body, my metabolism, and my DNA.
I don't need fitness thingies and sweaty exercises to burn what I don't have and build what I don't want.
But I do a mini stretching routine in the morning for 10 mins, I type a lot, and I walk till the bus.

My body, inside, is half dead (no not because of not being sportive) I have digestive problems.
Whatever affects my body negatively becomes the Devil to me: I'll never eat it again.
I try to drink water as much as I can (I forget its existence) and take full vitamin B each day, again mostly because of my digestive acid things.

I don't see this as a heart-attack-ing thing, there are worse cases.
Anywhos about fitness, no I'm fine :)

·
Registered
473 Posts
hell no, i'm not 'conscientious' about it. just hearing the word makes me think of all the joyless little automatons all around me, who seem like they do it because it's one of the seven habits of highly effective people or something. very type a and humourless.

i just do the things that i do because i like doing them. and i take smoke breaks in between lifts at the gym.
Hehe...that's a fairly accurate description of me when I am on a rare exercise streak, "'conscientious' joyless little automaton...very type a and humorless". I can't really find a nice balance where I'm getting all the stuff I want done done and being relaxed enough to have a sense of humor and generally pleasant to be around.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
So far, I have been sticking to my diet and exercise routine and I noticed it has stabilized my mood significantly. I practice yoga, run/walk my dog, lift weights at the gym and eat my own prepared meals for the week. At first, I hated it, I just couldn't get the motivation to push through any strenuous activity but I stuck with it and it's my stress reliever now.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I eat a plant-based diet.

But you can't get me to exercise. I walk to get from A to B. I don't walk "for fun" or whatever.

I don't know of any physical activity I could do that I would actually enjoy. They would all feel annoying and like a waste of time.
When I'm on a 'rare' exercise streak I have that same 'waste of time' feeling and have to fight it really hard. Logically, it's obvious that it's not a waste of time and I've never felt better than when fit but while actually doing it, it's hard not to think of all the other useful, immediately rewarding things that could be happening rather than the tedious, painful present.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts