Personality Cafe banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
My INTJ childhood friend took one at his engineer class, scored the highest (+140), I never took a "serious" one and probably never will unless there is some money involved - no one cares about it where I live.

My brother scored 120 in a test done by a psychologist I think, but he has ADHD and was depressed, the following days he was shaking, wasn't in good mental shape thus why they took him there (the test wasn't supposed to be done).

At an online test that we 3 did my brother scored 100, my friend 115 and I scored the max (145+ or something).

I don't really think I'm more intelligent than my INTJ friend, also read about after a given score (about 115) it really stop mattering much and other variables become more relevant - to academic success and in science. Like a sense of entitlement and being able to hustle your funds. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I was thinking the same thing! INTP FTW! INTJ - The Scientists, pshaw.

A thread like this does not encourage below average, or even average people to post. You could make an anonymous poll or just Google it!

I've heard that introverts tend to be "more gifted" (what a silly phrase) than extroverts, but I do not have the research on hand to back this up, it is just something I've heard/read.
That's a myth. Studies with the Big Five have shown that introversion and extroversion does not matter for IQ, but Openness matters. I'm don't have an IQ of 70 for real though.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
These tests are mostly garbage.

... but yes, there is a tendency for INTJs to score high. You should go brag about it and tell all you friends you're smarter than them.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I had one administered in ninth grade by the school's psychologist and that was 138. I tried an online one a couple of years ago and that turned up 136.

·
Registered
50 Posts
High, but IQ tests seem rigged to me. Most IQ tests I have taken tend to favor mathematical subsets. If your brain is more suited to those areas, you will have a really high score. More balanced non IQ tests, my math is strong but vocab, grammar and spelling suck. In those tests I only score a little higher then above average.

I even happened to ace two college entrance exams because from what I gather they used the same criteria as most types of IQ tests.

·
Registered
623 Posts
High, but IQ tests seem rigged to me. Most IQ tests I have taken tend to favor mathematical subsets. If your brain is more suited to those areas, you will have a really high score. More balanced non IQ tests, my math is strong but vocab, grammar and spelling suck. In those tests I only score a little higher then above average.
Same.

·
Registered
899 Posts
20 - 145
And there is not connection with typing and intelligence. Because of our Ni and Te we can take on IQ tests better than most other types but IQ tests are not measurement of real intelligence, just the measurement of logical intelligence.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Never took a real IQ test. I took loads of online ones, but I look forward to a psychiatric evaluation on par with some of the experiences noted here. I vaguely remember taking an equivalent during my elementary years. I don't know if it was an achievement battery test or what, but I was compared to other students in my age bracket. I was around 8 or 9 (?) and I kept getting you have the knowledge of a 7th grader in math, 8th grader in reading, 16-year old in general knowledge. The test takers offered to train me or something, like gifted services, but my mom refused because she thought it was a scam. She never cared about intellect or achievement like that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The only one I ever took (with a psychologist) had me at 140 (in my 30's), but I was appalled at how all it measured was ACQUIRED knowledge. There is no way anybody can truly "measure" intelligence, since it is not an empirical entity, it is totally non-material (even if not immaterial, LOL!).

41 - 55 of 55 Posts