Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else experience little quirks in their personality, either learned or ingrained? I for one seem to have some basic, more feral instincts to do with combat/self defense, and the occasional growl-type thing when someone or something really ticks me off, usually when the blizzard stare doesn't work.

I have a learned habit of being chivalrous to women, as long as they're not either completely stupid or a complete and total asshat.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I do yes, although it's not something I freely talk about as it's pretty embarrassing/awkward.
Everyone will surely have some quirks ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't mean typical or serious quirks, just little funny or odd things in your personality, that perhaps don't quite fit in with the INTJ 'image'.

·
Registered
82 Posts
im a big, strong guy, but ive always grouped myself together with nerds. And if no one is looking, i tend to stack things or make things stand on end. Like ive got 6 or 7 pennies on my desk, and ill stack them, then take them apart and sit them so the balance on their edge

Reactions: NaughyChimp

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
I roll my eyes a lot, I never stop moving, I have music on 95% of the day, when I scroll down to this box I always make sure that the top part of the cursor is in line with the box, I'm always humming a song, I'm always humming the words that I type, I nearly always cross my legs when I sit down, I have a habit of smiling whenever I'm talking to someone that I really like without even trying...

I have tons of little quirks. :mellow:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I also seem to have issues with equality. I, for example, really don't care if my bedsheets are disorganized, 'cause they'll get that way anyway when I sleep in them. But all little bits of fluff, white string, and other non-bedsheet-coloured objects must be obliterated. I also can't sit normally without being uncomfortable.

By the way, DarkestHour, your avatar is pretty darn awesome.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I clean my nails a lot
I sing along when a song comes on, even if i don't like it (only if i know the lyrics)
I lick my teeth, lips a lot
I touch my earlobes a lot, they're cute
I twirl my hair with my fingers
I also cross my legs when i sit, not to look conceited but because it's comfortable
I like organizing things
I crack my fingers
I stare at a single spot forever when I'm thinking about things, and even ask myself "why am i still staring there?"
After i do something, i think about how i could have done it better
When I'm mad or annoyed with someone i stare at them
I sigh a lot

·
Registered
170 Posts
I crumple paper napkins; I have never been able to go out to eat and leave a napkin intact.
I put my finger to my mouth and play with my lip a little.
I chew on my fingers.
I brush my bangs back with my fingers to create pretty waves in my hair.
I prefer to sit in a crouch or Indian style because it's the comfiest way to sit.
If someone thinks that something I like is weird, I make fun of it to make it seem like I'm not obsessed with whatever I like. It's an unhealthy habit, I know.
I have forgotten how to smile. :shocked:
I wheeze when I laugh, mostly because I'm making fun of this one old guy I heard at the hospital and I still think his laugh is funny so I imitate it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Whenever I am sitting and in whatever situation I unconsciously cover my face with my hands. Much like in Noznin's avatar.
the pose is dubbed "the gendo" after said character famous use of it, or simply known as "the ambassador"

Back on topic, when im nervous, i crack all the bones i can, from every finger, wrist, elbow, shoulder, neck, jaw, knees and both ankles. also tend to chew on my fingers horribly. My nails end way before the end of my fingers, and i also bite and chew the skin around the nails that has no nerves.

Reactions: whydeo

·
Registered
100 Posts
I trace my thumb across my lips when I'm reading.
I talk to myself a lot.
Sometime I make bets with myself on if I can get to the lamp post before the car passes me.
I go into loops of thinking about what I'm thinking about and it's really irritating because I can't get 'lost in thought'.
I chew on my thumbs.
I can be drawing while someone is talking to me and I'll still catch everything they said.

It's weird how much my quirks fit more with the quirks listed on the INTP Quirks thread. Some of these are actually taken from there because I didn't know how to word it better.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I clean my nails a lot
I do this too. I also file my nails a lot.

-I play with the hair behind my ears.
-I fist my hands when annoyed or embarrassed.
-I tend to chew on pens, but never pencils.
-If I have to spell a word out loud, my fingers twitch the way they would if I was at a keyboard.
-I get annoyed at the sound of people eating, tapping, obsessive coughing, etc.
-I'm always reading on my Smart Phone, which drives other people crazy. Other people often assume I'm texting, but I don't even have service. XD
-When I was a bit younger I would compulsively add 'just kidding' at the end of almost everything I said in what I think was an attempt to save the person's feelings. All it ended up doing though was invalidating my point and invalidating their feelings. -_-

·
Registered
25 Posts
-Make little noises whenever I'm doing tasks.
-Yawn when I'm nervous.
-Always play/chew a pen. (So much, I've bought a metal pen to stop me from breaking plastic pens consistently)

·
Registered
461 Posts
I'm disorganized with things, organized with ideas.
I hate when people do that slight fast movement with their foot/leg/hand. Exasperates me to no end.
Don't kick me out but- I'm just so lazy. I swear that's the only thing that doesn't match with my type, but I just don't see why bother with it.
I'm doing that feet movement right now. Damm it.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I sometimes squeal when waking up.

*shame*

I like doing cute things. (Better yet if it confuses someone).

*even more shame*

I like pretending to be angry so I can manhandle someone I like.

It's so bad... but I like to dance more than I like to kiss. (This one may or may not be atypical with INTJs but it seems atypical in my demographic).

·
Registered
156 Posts
Does cracking your fingers and back count as a quirk? Otherwise I'm pretty much a boarder-line perfectionist when it comes to drawing .

·
Registered
164 Posts
I like to dance objects through my fingers, such as a coin... a pen, a lighter, my phone, cards, pretty much anything that is straight and not all that large.

I also crack joints, mainly hands and elbows.

I am constantly adjusting my glasses.

I will often state how many seconds there are until something is done. (For instance, at the start of the work day.)

I walk carefully so my boots will wear evenly.

My default answer is always "No."

I am a fantastic artist, but can't finish any piece that I start.

I also clean my finger nails obsessively.

I make lists, but never use them. They usually just get thrown away minutes after being written.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I do not sit down while playing videogames.
I TOSS and TURN trying to get comfortable going to sleep, sometimes for hours.
I get a slight sexual thrill from scratching certain areas of my feet.
I wipe my nose with my hand when I'm nervous.
My eyes water when in classrooms.
I bump into things and trip all the time (despite being well coordinated).
Sometimes when I'm really angry, my body becomes relaxed.

That's all I've got for now.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts