Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This very well could apply to all types, so any feedback on this matter would be great!

So a few years ago I tried shrooms for the first time and even in a group of my friends (about 8 of us). Now since then I've experimented a bit more because in all honesty, I loovvveee to see where my mind could take me when I'm not controlling it:crazy:
In fact I even got to see what DMT was like, which even briefly was the most amazing visual projection of my mind I've ever seen, just patterns of swirling patterns forming the objects around me and dissipating. fun fun! but here's what this post is truly about: my experience of feeling like god.

I got off one night from work and made it over to my friends about 1 A.M., they asked me if I was even up to still trip shrooms since they had taken theirs hours before, and of course I was down, just felt compelled to have my own experience. well I threw in some Adderall with those shrooms(ADD friend said it would wake me up) and we started watching The Matrix. and as I started to feel the adderall kick in, my mind was starting to move....fast...like reallly fast. Like if Napolean's miniature horse had rocket boosters and a back to the future hoverboard.

anyways, I totally zone into the matrix as the shrooms kick in but instead of a trippy trip like I had expexcted, I felt the embrace of pure and utter mental clarity, as if the adderall had giving me perfect structure for my mind to bend the abstract ideas shrooms were blooming from my imagination, as well as(what I just now found out from taking the myers-briggs) my INTJ type. So from start to finish, I took EVERY SINGLE PIECE of the matrix story-line, background, character schemes, social interactions, scenarios, conflicts, and conclusions and verified it as a perfect movie. I insist you try and analyze it completely and tell me Im wrong :crazy:

But wait, here's where the big one comes in: after watching that movie, something hit me, something much like an epiphany, but of greater density and meaning and reason, much more like a yurika moment. like when Einstein found E=MC2, or the double helix was just bloomed into that LSD'ed up dude. I had developed an IDEA. that idea I called the Understanding, because it encompassed looking at everything together collectively and entirely, but with an eternal base to create off of. In this manner I depicted that there are two worlds to live in: the concrete reality of what is, and the abstract space of your imagination which has no limitation. I decided both worlds need one another very equally because one cannot exist without the other. Born into the world, there is a previously created reality for you to delve into, but your mind is nothing yet till it obtains the concrete structure of society, which it then throws into it's own terms of being perceived(meaning we all see door as 'door', but we all have a different way of relating to the object based on how the idea of 'door' is processed through your mind). the Understanding insists you need not know everything about something to justify it as being exactly what it is, but merely Understand it as an entity without any other connections. without complete and utter bias or any attachment to my experiences, feelings, human road blocks, I created a theory of life out of the idea of understanding. I can't elaborate further because there is way to much to elaborate on.

in lamence terms, my mind was moving so damn fast on adderall and shrooms that it depicted the only plausible explanation of how the universe came to be and how it will be destroyed, and how and when it will be reborn again exactly the way it started. The Understanding incorporates science with the idea of a scientifically plausible miracle. ex:if you put your hand on a table, their is a definate possibility that the particles in your hand and the table will align perfectly, and your hand will either go through the table, or become the table:wink:

I have way to much to elaborate on my idea, to the point I have to write a book on it. as an INTJ, I will. But as much as this could be considered theory, I feel its the combination of both what is known, and what is not known, creating a never ending circle of possibility that is, ironically, extremely concrete whence portrayed in reality based on my rounded knowledge of how things work.

am I the only who actually understands this though? I'd like to hear your thoughts over what this is, because in all honestly it just flowed out of me like muscle memory flows to my fingers when playing guitar.
I just know now that the way I created the entire cycle of life to a perfect point in my head is due to my thinking patterns as an INTJ, I just used the idea of religion and the bases of science to form a reasonable idea of how the world works.
feedback and criticism much appreciated!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm an INTJ and I've had a similar experience with LSD. There's something so powerful about the understanding that you are in control of your own life at all times. You can literally do anything you want in this life, even if someone says it isn't possible. The craziest thing is: we know this already. We know this, we just don't always take advantage of it. That realization is awesome for an INTJ because we love to improve ourselves and the world around us, to make everything more efficient. As an INTJ, I LOVE learning about psychology and philosophy. My main goal in life is to keep improving, to keep "fixing" things, making them better than they were before. Who knows where we'll be in 50 years? How can I, as an INTJ, be satisfied with where I am now when I have the power to hasten the progress?

·
Registered
INFP 9w1
788 Posts
I'm an INFP, but I also took a lot of shrooms and a lot of LSD a few years ago. I think my highest dose was 9g dried shrooms.
I was also very interested in understanding the universe and myself and everything. But after a while I felt like I drifted off into a fantasy world more and more. Caring about these patterns, other dimensions, higher beings... I feel like you are able to go into endlessness. It has no end. There would never be the answer I'm looking for.

So I've stopped using and now I'm back on earth again, haha. :)
Of course my experiences still stick with me and I'm still interested into those things. I might still use pscyhedelics in the future sometimes, but more for healing purposes. I want to go to an Ayahuasca retreat for example.

Regarding understanding the universe I've come to the conclusion that I don't know. And I'm happy with that.

in lamence terms, my mind was moving so damn fast on adderall and shrooms that it depicted the only plausible explanation of how the universe came to be and how it will be destroyed, and how and when it will be reborn again exactly the way it started
This could make sense, as most things seem to be about light and dark, inhale and exahle, yin and yang in this universe, so why not the universe itself? But still, we don't know. Anything is possible and also things we can't even imagine could be possible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts