Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here we go! A thread about Star Trek specifically for INTJ's. Rather fitting, I think. Anything Star Trek can now be redirected here.

The shows, the movies, the books, the comic books, the fans, the fanfiction, the fanart, the fan starship designs, absolutely everything.

On that note, what were we last talking about? How no one likes Enterprise or something like that? :tongue:

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Boo, hissssssss, Enterprise!........

You know when it was first rumored that a new super-top-secret star trek was in the works, I thought for sure they were going to base it on the time traveling enterprise from the future they showed in VOY. That would have been an awesome show. But no, they had to go back in time and make it crap.

And what was with the phazers?? In the opening episode they had super powerful handheld rail guns, then they "upgraded" to these wimpy little phazers. Come on!!!!
And no energy shields??? It's a practical requirement for faster than light travel for cripes sake!!!!!

I really should stop now, this could go on for a ling time. You should have opened with something lighter to reference, lol.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought it would provide with good entertainment. It did. And yes, Enterprise was crap. As Voltaire sang [in a live-only version of the song whose name I can't even say]:

Well now they got a new show and it's called Enterprise,
And it takes place a hundred years before Kirk was alive,
They say that it's a prequel, or so that's what it's called,
It's such a bad idea you'd swear that Lucas was involved.

On a lighter note, watch this:

LOL.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^ You're doing that on purpose. :tongue:

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice!

• Picard
  • Riker
  • Data
  • Worf
  • La Forge
  • Troy
  • Dr. Crusher
  • Guinan
  • O'Brian
  • Q
(Ten characters)
What? :confused: I mean, what's the list of, specifically?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's a play on the thing that won't let you post without "ten characters."
It's ironic that I make such a good comedian but I can't recognize a joke at least half the time. :crazy:

Reactions: Eylrid

·
Registered
150 Posts
Stargate > Star Trek. Oh yes I did! :tongue:

I love Trek though, particularly TNG and all the movies. In fact the movies are some of my all time favourite films.

Voyager isn't too bad I guess. Never finished any of TOS episodes. Haven't finished all of DS9 but liked it.

·
Registered
INTP sp/so 9w1 6w5 4w5
5,463 Posts
What are your favorite episodes? I like Profit and Lace from DS9, and Q-Pid from TNG - "Sir, I protest, I am NOT a merry man!" is my current ringtone for text messages.

Reactions: Eylrid

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Stargate > Star Trek. Oh yes I did! :tongue:

I love Trek though, particularly TNG and all the movies. In fact the movies are some of my all time favourite films.

Voyager isn't too bad I guess. Never finished any of TOS episodes. Haven't finished all of DS9 but liked it.
Stargate is good, the last 3-4 seasons I could put up against Star Trek, only for it's over arcing story lines. Atlantis was my fav.
Then of course there was Farscape, but if you really want to go there, Firefly trumps all. Nuff said.

What are your favorite episodes? I like Profit and Lace from DS9, and Q-Pid from TNG - "Sir, I protest, I am NOT a merry man!" is my current ringtone for text messages.
Trials and Tribble-ations (DS9)
Any and all star trek episodes and/or movies dealing with time travel.

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home is my favorite still. Though the new one was pretty good, there is nostalgia.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Stargate is good, the last 3-4 seasons I could put up against Star Trek, only for it's over arcing story lines. Atlantis was my fav.
Then of course there was Farscape, but if you really want to go there, Firefly trumps all. Nuff said.

Trials and Tribble-ations (DS9)
Any and all star trek episodes and/or movies dealing with time travel.

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home is my favorite still. Though the new one was pretty good, there is nostalgia.
This man speaks the truth.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'm currently playing in a just-post-Dominion War Star Trek table top game. I'm playing a Cardassian liason. :)

DS9 is head and shoulders above the others as my favorite. We watched Voyager in college because it was on, but Meh. TNG is good, but lacks ongoing effects of past actions. I doubt I've seen all of the original series. The new movie is a piece of crap.

I'm an SG-1 fan, but I usually pretend there were only seven seasons - occasionally only six. Only four if I'm in a really bad mood.

EDIT:
Absolute favorite episode ever: In the Pale Moonlight.

Reactions: Eylrid and Sela

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh I have so many favorite episodes. Data-centric episodes [Clues; Elementary, Dear Data; Masks (although more of a Brent Spiner-performance centric episode :D); Gambit (love Captain Data); etc, etc], Q episodes [all. of. them.], Lwaxana episodes [all on TNG but her first and last], and downright hilarious episodes [Rascals, Qpid, Data's Day].

I'll list my faves from the other series when I get around to watching all of them. :crazy:

Reactions: Sela
1 - 20 of 77 Posts