Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 921 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What is up with INTJs? What makes them so special? I've been lurking around on this forum for awhile, and I've seen far too many comments and replies kissing the asses of the INTJs. Every time INTJ is mentioned, everybody starts to spew out comments like "wow, they're all total geniuses!!!" or "Every INTJ ever is totally better than every human ever to walk the earth!!!!!" That's an exaggeration, of course, but I'm not exaggerating very much. Personally, I'm tired of this. Besides INTJs being glorified and treated like gods, ENTJs are at the opposite end of the spectrum, as for the intellectuals. It seems like the general consensus is that the INTJs are the most intelligent people ever to grace the world with their presence, while the ENTJs are... well... they're good at telling people what to do. This makes no sense. There are plenty of ENTJs out there who are indisputably geniuses. Has anybody heard of Edward Teller? or Carl Sagan? We're NTs too, and nobody seems to take us seriously. Another thing I've noticed is that it isn't just other people glorifying INTJs, but the INTJs themselves being narcissistic assholes. There is only one INTJ on this website that I've seen not being a complete narcissist, but I can't remember the username. Some guy with Axl Rose as his picture. Whoever you are, thanks for not being a total jackass. I can be arrogant myself sometimes, but all of these INTJs take it to a whole new level. Here's a thread that demonstrates one little bit of the INTJ's conceitedness: (since this is my first post, The website would not allow me to post the link. Just google intj stereotypes. It's the first result)

I know those lists are all made in a lighthearted manner, don't get me wrong. I'm capable at laughing at myself and not taking things seriously, but come on. Look at those lists. Compare them to the entj. Nobody gives us any credit. If there was some kind of award ceremony for the types, INTJ would win smartest, and ENTJ would win the meanest and most unethical. All I'm saying is that you guys need to start looking at individual people's skills rather than grouping people into one big lump. In my sophomore year of high school, I had a class where I sat with an INTJ. He was a total idiot. INTJs may be naturally more intelligent, but in the end, some of them just aren't very smart. So many of the stereotypes out there are just wrong. I'm an ENTJ. I've never been domineering in my life, I usually don't see myself as a forceful presence, I'd rather stay home and read than go out and conquer Europe, and I'm not just some guy out to get money. I'm still in school, but when I do get a job, I would it to be a high paying one, and believe me, I'm working for it. I don't want it to buy fancy cars and diamond encrusted swimming pools, I want it to be able to spend money on learning every bit of knowledge there is to know.

Like I said before, don't lump people into groups. There are INTJs who are geniuses, and INTJs that are complete idiots. INTJs are not gods. On the other hand, there are some types that deserve to be taken more seriously, like the ENTJs.

That is all.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
They have huge penises. I have a large sample of two of them to go by.. Lemme see.. they're good at video games. They will totally pwn you. If a tree falls and no one is around, does it make a sound? Only if an INTJ decides it should. An intj once spit on the borders of his beloved Texas - The spit is now known as the Gulf of Mexico. INTJs don't get in trouble, trouble gets in INTJs. The Borg cannot assimilate an INTJ. "Resistence is futile" is a phrase they leared from INTJs. Top that, mr entj!

·
Banned
4 Posts
Your OP made me laugh so hard....but seriously I think ENTJs have an easier time dealing with the world than INTJs....I take ENTJs very seriously.....have seen plenty of them in action.....I even envy them sometimes though too much extroversion can be a bad thing as well...they're just like me except without all the introverted inhibitions (and introverted inhibitions kinda suck)

I'd never give up N-ness, T-ness, or J-ness (though perhaps more balance version of these three traits would be good)......acquiring some E-ness though can seriously accelerate my plans immensely

·
Registered
440 Posts
They have huge penises.
Girl: To Big!
Me: Didn't know there was such a thing as to big?!

Think it might be from the first impressions gained from reading about the different types. We get the name ''Master Mind'' when they get something wimpy wounding like ''healer'', And they do that without people understanding the eight different traits or any thing else. Think the reason why INTJ became the ''Master Mind'' is because all the traits point to being intelligent,

I= I don't NEED to be around people.
N= Moving on, What could be and being grate at detecting patterns and so on..
T= You can hall around that moral compass until your arms fall off F's, I'm still wright and your still wrong and holding that burden.
J= I'm here at the exact minuet that you told me to be here, What's going on? Oh we had to stop by and get fast food and this happened and that so where going to be about a hour late.

Probably going to read that in the morning and not even recognize it as my writing so tired right now lol. I vote for ENTP's tho annoying but have the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Of course INTJ's are not Gods. "God" was an ENFJ.
In all seriousness, your impersonal reasoning doesn't have a basis of objective facts...
It's all subjective and completely driven on, "I feel like this because this happened to me."
You're pulling a lot of past situations out of the hat as well.
All in all I really don't understand the need you had to post this rant in general but, to each their own.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@PlutocraticLight I have no idea what an OP means. When I see that word, it usually means "original poster" but that seems like it doesn't fit with the context.

@Promethea The first line of that reply was probably the funniest thing I've heard all day.

Yeah, this "rant" or whatever you want to call it, was very subjective, which usually isn't like me. I'm just bewildered at the amount of ass kissing that goes on in these forums, or at least what I've seen. Loki Grim, your explanation does make sense so I'll just stick with that. I'll just let you off with this: There may be an INTJ out there in the universe that's smarter than me, and maybe even better than me at most things. You can be as smart as you want, but in the end, you'll still be working for me.

Gangsta rap.

·
Registered
766 Posts
What, we're not?

Just remember that you only exist because we let you.
Really, I can't choose whether to be mock-offended or just laugh XD

@PlutocraticLight I have no idea what an OP means. When I see that word, it usually means "original poster" but that seems like it doesn't fit with the context.
OP = Original Post.

·
Registered
INTJ 5w6
2,506 Posts
What is up with INTJs? What makes them so special? I've been lurking around on this forum for awhile, and I've seen far too many comments and replies kissing the asses of the INTJs. Every time INTJ is mentioned, everybody starts to spew out comments like "wow, they're all total geniuses!!!" or "Every INTJ ever is totally better than every human ever to walk the earth!!!!!" That's an exaggeration, of course, but I'm not exaggerating very much. Personally, I'm tired of this. Besides INTJs being glorified and treated like gods, ENTJs are at the opposite end of the spectrum, as for the intellectuals. It seems like the general consensus is that the INTJs are the most intelligent people ever to grace the world with their presence, while the ENTJs are... well... they're good at telling people what to do. This makes no sense. There are plenty of ENTJs out there who are indisputably geniuses. Has anybody heard of Edward Teller? or Carl Sagan? We're NTs too, and nobody seems to take us seriously. Another thing I've noticed is that it isn't just other people glorifying INTJs, but the INTJs themselves being narcissistic assholes. There is only one INTJ on this website that I've seen not being a complete narcissist, but I can't remember the username. Some guy with Axl Rose as his picture. Whoever you are, thanks for not being a total jackass. I can be arrogant myself sometimes, but all of these INTJs take it to a whole new level. Here's a thread that demonstrates one little bit of the INTJ's conceitedness: (since this is my first post, The website would not allow me to post the link. Just google intj stereotypes. It's the first result)

I know those lists are all made in a lighthearted manner, don't get me wrong. I'm capable at laughing at myself and not taking things seriously, but come on. Look at those lists. Compare them to the entj. Nobody gives us any credit. If there was some kind of award ceremony for the types, INTJ would win smartest, and ENTJ would win the meanest and most unethical. All I'm saying is that you guys need to start looking at individual people's skills rather than grouping people into one big lump. In my sophomore year of high school, I had a class where I sat with an INTJ. He was a total idiot. INTJs may be naturally more intelligent, but in the end, some of them just aren't very smart. So many of the stereotypes out there are just wrong. I'm an ENTJ. I've never been domineering in my life, I usually don't see myself as a forceful presence, I'd rather stay home and read than go out and conquer Europe, and I'm not just some guy out to get money. I'm still in school, but when I do get a job, I would it to be a high paying one, and believe me, I'm working for it. I don't want it to buy fancy cars and diamond encrusted swimming pools, I want it to be able to spend money on learning every bit of knowledge there is to know.

Like I said before, don't lump people into groups. There are INTJs who are geniuses, and INTJs that are complete idiots. INTJs are not gods. On the other hand, there are some types that deserve to be taken more seriously, like the ENTJs.

That is all.
Why are you so insecure?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe I am insecure. Probably because nobody takes me seriously. Everybody thinks I'm stupid, and it infuriates me. None of my family or acquaintances looked at my perfect test scores, and just thought I was an idiot. My real friends never did that, but they still were dicks about it sometimes, but they didn't bother me at all. But back to the point, I guess this type junk has nothing to do with this rant. I guess I'm just ranting about me personally not being taken seriously. Nobody cares about what I have to say, nobody thinks anything of me, blah blah blah. I only want for people to realize that I am competent, but that will never happen. I shouldn't wallow in self-pity like this, it's unhealthy. Whatever. I guess I am acting like an insecure little kid. I'll read this post again in a few hours and slap myself in the face. I'm not even sure if what I'm typing even makes sense.

·
Registered
INTJ 5w6
2,506 Posts
Maybe I am insecure. Probably because nobody takes me seriously. Everybody thinks I'm stupid, and it infuriates me. None of my family or acquaintances looked at my perfect test scores, and just thought I was an idiot. My real friends never did that, but they still were dicks about it sometimes, but they didn't bother me at all. But back to the point, I guess this type junk has nothing to do with this rant. I guess I'm just ranting about me personally not being taken seriously. Nobody cares about what I have to say, nobody thinks anything of me, blah blah blah. I only want for people to realize that I am competent, but that will never happen. I shouldn't wallow in self-pity like this, it's unhealthy. Whatever. I guess I am acting like an insecure little kid. I'll read this post again in a few hours and slap myself in the face. I'm not even sure if what I'm typing even makes sense.
'Nobody takes me seriously' is probably an exaggerated statement. It's more likely that people think you're too serious and don't like listening to you because they can't take themselves seriously.
Second of all, who thinks you're stupid? Has everybody that you know said "You're stupid." or is it just implied?
I have an ENTJ who is a best friend of mine that is insecure in exactly the same way as you. I would blame your Fi function but I don't know what I'm talking about. The "everyone thinks im stupid and nobody takes me seriously" is most likely your inferior Fi because I don't think you go around asking "Do you think I'm stupid? Why don't you take me seriously?" - you just kind of assume it. Am I incorrect?

So... I think maybe your post was not about us INTJs at all but take peace in the fact that one of my best friends is an ENTJ. We could get along, you know.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Thanks to stereotypes like "extroverts are shallow loudmouths", "sensors are mouth-breathing oafs who don't understand anything theoretical", and "feelers are stupid and can't use logic," INTJ and INTP are the only two "good" types by default. However, because INTJs score the highest on those random studies where they attempt to calculate the average IQ of each type and the fact that they're supposedly rarer, they get to be the "best" type. People just have typist presumptions by attributing things that don't have to do with MBTI (ie: intelligence) to it.

I wouldn't say every, or even most INTJ here is an egotist although some definitely are. I think I see non-INTJs praise them for no apparent reason more often. I mean, I have INTJ friends offline but I don't go around bragging about how cool they are online every chance I get.

·
Registered
INTJ 5w6
2,506 Posts
Thanks to stereotypes like "extroverts are shallow loudmouths", "sensors are mouth-breathing oafs who don't understand anything theoretical", and "feelers are stupid and can't use logic," INTJ and INTP are the only two "good" types by default. However, because INTJs score the highest on those random studies where they attempt to calculate the average IQ of each type and the fact that they're supposedly rarer, they get to be the "best" type. People just have typist presumptions by attributing things that don't have to do with MBTI (ie: intelligence) to it.

I wouldn't say every, or even most INTJ here is an egotist although some definitely are. I think I see non-INTJs praise them for no apparent reason more often. I mean, I have INTJ friends offline but I don't go around bragging about how cool they are online every chance I get.
We have our flaws do we not? What do you think of your friends in terms of their strengths and weaknesses?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Why so spurdo spardo :DD MR. ENTJ? Benis :DDDD !!

At least INTJ's don't have the "special snowflake" complex certain types have.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
happy ENTJ... think of INFJ males is this :crazy:

1 - 20 of 921 Posts