1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[Other Types are absolutely welcome]

Background
:

I have happened upon a considerable amount of reading lately (such as this survey, blog posts on tumblr, and even some polls on this site) wherein INTJs were frequently rated as being very attractive by other types. I have been experiencing some difficulty in trying to reconcile why this might be the case.

I feel that I have witnessed far more, honestly hurtful and depressing, instances of others describing their contempt or complete distaste for the type. These views are often accompanied by details of bad interactions with younger, less mature, INTJs. If true that we possess a sort of wide attraction to other types, I cannot be certain that the appeal of the personality lies in a particular maturity. After all, any person of any type can learn to be mature. There must be something else! I have never viewed us as possessing a suaveness, a certain charm, something characteristically magnetic, of such a calibre that would allow me to quickly ascertain an understanding of these survey results!

Question:

° What about the INTJ character IS sexy to the point it hypothetically has broad and deep appeal to other types?

° [Optional] Any other thoughts! Subjective views are welcome!​

·
Banned
919 Posts
Don't take those things seriously. Most of them haven't seen an INTJ in real life, so their love is mostly based on cool bullshit you can find and read about us (people love fictional characters like Sherlock or House- would they stand them in real life? I highly doubt that. Not to mention all those ENFPs in love with the idea of having their own Mr Darcy). Most of those things have a little to do with how we actually are. We all are humans after all. And as you said, the key is maturity. An immature INTJ can be the least attractive thing out there.

° What about the INTJ character IS sexy to the point it hypothetically has broad and deep appeal to other types?

I'd say it will depend on whether it's a female or a male.
I met only one INTJ, what magnetic about him is this mix of great confidence, intelligence and independence (also maybe calmness+mysterious vibe). But I project myself nothing like him so...

·
Registered
80 Posts
I think depends by the people, not by the type. The type describes only in which way you think, but if you are an as****e or a sexy person or whatever it's your behaviour... only my 2 cent.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Men are sexy. :D

I think the clarity INTJs bring in a calm and collected manner is attractive but I wouldn't go so far as to call them sexy... well that didn't answer your question but it's the only response I have.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I can put a picture of myself without my shirt showing off my abs if that helps you make a decision haha

I had someone in my profile who sent me a message telling me every PerC INTJs looked like movie stars or something. Haven't looked around the "INTJ pictures thread" all that much and I can't comment for the guys because I'm 100% straight but for the most part the girls I've seen here looked really good imo, both body and face. I only know one female INTJ and she looks gorgeous, too bad her social skills are terribad because she's so young.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Haha Idk. I think that shouldn't be taken too seriously. Like Sherlock (BBC ver) is pretty cool in the show but I would t ever truly want to date someone like him!

Also I know 4 INTJ's in person and I'd only date one of them (the one I'm dating now) the others just aren't my piece of pie at all. One is way too antisocial, the others are too judgmental.

I think people fantasize about 'rarity' like INFJ's are very popular online as well. I also know some people who will only date people they believe are not 'sensors.' Very silly.

·
Registered
5,935 Posts

Background
:

I have happened upon a considerable amount of reading lately (such as this survey, blog posts on tumblr, and even some polls on this site) wherein INTJs were frequently rated as being very attractive by other types. I have been experiencing some difficulty in trying to reconcile why this might be the case.

I feel that I have witnessed far more, honestly hurtful and depressing, instances of others describing their contempt or complete distaste for the type. These views are often accompanied by details of bad interactions with younger, less mature, INTJs. If true that we possess a sort of wide attraction to other types, I cannot be certain that the appeal of the personality lies in a particular maturity. After all, any person of any type can learn to be mature. There must be something else! I have never viewed us as possessing a suaveness, a certain charm, something characteristically magnetic, of such a calibre that would allow me to quickly ascertain an understanding of these survey results!

Question:

Since they are mysterious.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I agree that there is a rarity/unicorn fantasy bias in such surveys. Careful what you wish for.

I'd like to dispel the rumor further, but the only INTJ I know (male) is, well, the rare unicorn.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yeah, I wouldn't read too much into that... If there is this 'desire' that exists somewhere out there in the real world, its not like we are pillaging.

Ask yourself this, if someone found you irresistible, would you even notice? I wouldn't. If it was that easy, the online INTJ community wouldn't be the relationship/romance car crash section.

·
Registered
12,191 Posts
Why is the INTJ sexy...

Even when they're not in control.
Even when they're doubting themselves.
Even when they're scared.
Even when they don't know the answer.
Even when they're lost.

They continue on with that badass villain face of dark brooding.

TBH I can't put it in words atm but I love their perserverence, strength of will, independence, calm in the midst of the storm because they carry the storm within them, so damn logical that at least in my case helps me see with clarity and calm down when anxious, and so bloody caring when they love you.

Why is the INTJ sexy, you ask...

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Don't take those things seriously. Most of them haven't seen an INTJ in real life, so their love is mostly based on cool bullshit you can find and read about us (people love fictional characters like Sherlock or House- would they stand them in real life? I highly doubt that. Not to mention all those ENFPs in love with the idea of having their own Mr Darcy). Most of those things have a little to do with how we actually are. We all are humans after all. And as you said, the key is maturity. An immature INTJ can be the least attractive thing out there.
I definitely agree with this statement. People are attracted to fictional brooding smart loners, though they probably don't like such people in real life. You gotta have a bit of emotion and smarts in order to be attractive as a human being.

That being said, I believe that it's the cool intelligence and wit that could make an INTJ sexy in the eyes of a person. It's like if you take somebody like House or Sherlock...and make them a bit nicer in terms of temperament.

·
Banned
2,042 Posts
Fiction. Blame fiction. It makes INTJs look cooler than they actually are. Take Kira from Death Note, now Tanya Degurechaff from Youjo Senki, and you also have Walter White and Batman.

Although personally, I'm most attracted to xNTJ types so...... but the attraction is empirical. There is no reason for it. I just happened to get crushes on INTJs more often. ENTJ females are unicorns. Never seen one irl, and if I do, I'd probably think I'm on drugs.

Reactions: ninjahitsawall

·
Registered
74 Posts
I think the motive that made some people tend to think that INTJs are sexy
is maybe the INTJ personality itself, INTJs may don't have the best appearance but
there is many people that attacted to INTJ characters in real life wether if they celeberties,writers,philosphers..etc
and also ficitonal characters in movies,games,animes..etc
so maybe the attraction of personality has a portion with being sexy beside the appearance.

·
Registered
ENTJ; 8w7; Persian C
9,456 Posts

Background
:

Question:

I think this is easily answerable--most sound(s) like a low-confidence issue. I have been called sexy by other(s) non-INTJ both either (look wise), or (personality / intellectually wise). And two by an INTJ woman (&) another INTJ man; simply because we were alike. Is there any sufficient reason why (X)-type cannot be subjectively ("sexy") .. or not some form of social retard (?) This does not involve "flaunting" / other unique display--rather just basic interaction. Quite a few (older / developed) INTJ's if they develop their aesthetics, groom and take baths; are rather pleasing to admire. If not, it merely seems like a dysfunction of geneticism [bad genes]; or some other personality flaw unrelated to MBTI (e.g., social anxieties). Which, occur in any type. Indeed, there are quite a few meatsac(s) that likely find me repulsive; as well.

Is there any ("objectively sexy type"), if it is in general disagreement by INTJ it isn't INTJ .. (?) The logic appears flawed.

The survey itself might be nonsense (Tumblr); however, the majority of individual(s) that have expressed a "sexiness" in my personality; or demeanor were also unaware of (MBTI), itself. Thus, it is not at all irrational to assume individual(s) find (X)-personality characteristics attractive; and by implication, (X)-individual merely happen(s) to be an INTJ.

I do not think their comment(s) were dishonest. A compliment is unnecessary; but I am certainly not upset or in 100% disagreement for receiving them. [e.g., I do not necessarily think I am "unsexy" either]. Perphaps just being "functional" (&) acquiring the personality; is sexy as is.

Of course--any kind of "confidence" within INTJ's is assume to be "immaturity" or severely undeveloped. Perhap(s) because XNTJ-types are perceived "confident" enough as is; thus it merely translates to arrogance. :numbness: ... I haven't the time to express the flaws here. Perhap(s) I am an ENTJ; I simply cannot relate to deterimentally low-self esteem, I'm a hideous basement dwelling creature with acne stuff; or high-functioning social-retardation. Just seem(s) very INTP; INTP are the ones usually to complain with this malfunction (&) indeed, it is not even true for most of them either. Have some self-esteem; man.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I personally have more the view of INTJ being the type most likely to feel awkward when attempting to flirt.

I could see someone classifying INTJ as a good type for a stable long-term relation, rather than sexy.

Exceptions notwithstanding.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Eh, it's just the same mysterious shit stereotype similar to what Scorpios get sometimes in astrology, that and the fantasy a lot of idiots have of taking the bad meanie cold INTJ and turning them into a sweet mellow romantic softie because they're just that amazing that they could do that to us and it'd be totally romantic!!!!!!!!!

·
Heretic
ESI 5w4 9w8 2w1
10,685 Posts
Girls crush on me left and right.
I couldn't care less most of the time.
Most of them are INFJs who have this double edged clarity and nonclarity about the whole thing.
They see right trough me,
but are messed up by the fact that they see a guy who genuinely don't give a fuck.
Also they don't have a very good idea what they themself want.
I then tell them my standard lines that point to them not being compatible with me.
Further messing up their world view.
I then hit them with the "you might be a person who I could have a friendship with".
And they know it is genuine, because I've already underlined that we are emotionally incompatible.
While not ruling out lust when I point to a general mismatch in passion/affection.

You can divide relationships up like this I say:
Passion/Affection
Social acceptance
Lust
Practical considerations (economy, offspring etc)

Lovers cultivate Passion/Affection
Forced marriages cultivate social acceptance
Fuck buddies cultivate lust
Practical considerations are shared equally most of the time by the different types.

Of course this is a method of communication and not a way to divide up this realm perfectly.

Faced with these categories and me pointing out that I don't see us in the emotional realm,
the girl needs to accept me as a friend or as a fuckbuddy.
Leaving and never meeting me again is also acceptable.

I only really consider gammas as real potential partners at this point.
I could accept some other types from my POV, but I know that it would be torture from their POV.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts