Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
intjs when typing someone are you more likley to use factual mbti theories or just ue your intuition to judge there type?also if you were a boss and an employee came to you saying his sick and needs to leave work would you rather check out his records days absence or try to hear were he is comming from and judge it by your intuition?

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
Depends on what kind of boss I was, in your scenario. If it were my company, I don't know, I'd just keep it in mind for future things I'd want that person to do. Probably make a note on a Post-It and stick onto the foot-high stack of other notes. Maybe if that person pissed me off, I'd make them sort those notes while I sit back, sip whiskey, and try to make them make me laugh.

For just regular, I'd just do like I always do, notice and let that form part of my instinct for in the future.

No analyze, just notice and act accordingly.

I guess that's intuition.

·
Registered
639 Posts
intjs when typing someone are you more likley to use factual mbti theories or just ue your intuition to judge there type?
I use cognitive function theory to type someone. Ti vs Te being the most immediately obvious, with Fi vs Fe being second. After those two, I then determine the stacking order. All throughout the typing is a process of elimination.

also if you were a boss and an employee came to you saying his sick and needs to leave work would you rather check out his records days absence or try to hear were he is coming from and judge it by your intuition?
That's a question with a reactive response. I don't do reactive responses. If someone asks to go home sick I already know their attendance history. I'll let them go, of course, while having them sign a document for their reason for leaving sick. Depending on their work history I'll speak to them when they get back.

The situation you described is not something that can be dealt with using "intuition", as there are legal and documentation issues that go into the decision making process.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
intjs when typing someone are you more likley to use factual mbti theories or just ue your intuition to judge there type?also if you were a boss and an employee came to you saying his sick and needs to leave work would you rather check out his records days absence or try to hear were he is comming from and judge it by your intuition?
I take a long time typing someone, at least a year of observation. I pay attention to their patterns of behavior and how it fits the functions and type descriptions. Sometimes I will ask a question or two.

I am a supervisor at work and staff often come to me needing to go home sick. I am required to accept that, it is nothing to do with my personal preference. But I trust my staff; they are pretty honest. The problem is more that people will try to work sick because they don't want to let down their coworkers. I often am the one suggesting that they go home and rest. If I see a pattern where someone is taking a lot of sick days, we will sit down and try to address the issue. It mostly involves me asking them about it and then listening to their input. Sometimes we can make adjustments to their duties or schedule to minimize the issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts