Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont think that there has been a thread on opinions about war on the INTJ side, so if there is i apolagise. :blushed:

as we well know, most of us here comes under the umbrealla heading 'INTJ', but we all have differing opinions and preferances, and i would be interested in hearing your views about war. it can be any war, past and presant. any and all views are welcome. :happy:

As its mt idea, ill go first shall i? :sad: ill put it bluntly - i hate war. the loss of life and suffering caused by it is horrific. i understand the reasons why wars are started, and its always about politics, and i hate politics as well. if the war is for a just cause (not sure if thats the right word :confused:) for example, the rise agaisnt the nazis, then i suppose i can support the reason why we would go to war, but i hate the war itself. (does that even make sense? :confused:)

please dont start a nazi debate here. there are so many all over the net, and they are always circular.

As i said, any and all views are welcome, sorry for the crappy intro, this is my first thread :happy:

·
Heretic
ESI 9w8 5w4 2w1
10,672 Posts
Warfare.
I always think about warfare as being the same as a fight between two humans.
They disagree get mad at each other and fight.

What they fight about can be many things, but usually it is an economic motive.
Especially these days when there are a lot of people and not enough for everybody to be on top.

Being a survivalist I think that war is bad if it affects me.
If it is down in ****stan Oh well...can't be helped.

As a side-note do you say that you feel war is bad because
the dying and suffering of others makes you feel bad
or you don't want to admit to not caring because of political correctness?

Why do you hate politics? Is it boring or is it something else?

·
Banned
5,026 Posts
I think it's a failure of imagination warped by excess emotionalism. There are so many better ways to solve problems.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Warfare.
I always think about warfare as being the same as a fight between two humans.
They disagree get mad at each other and fight.
^^ good analogy :crazy:

What they fight about can be many things, but usually it is an economic motive.
Especially these days when there are a lot of people and not enough for everybody to be on top.

Being a survivalist I think that war is bad if it affects me.
If it is down in ****stan Oh well...can't be helped.

As a side-note do you say that you feel war is bad because
the dying and suffering of others makes you feel bad
or you don't want to admit to not caring because of political correctness?

Why do you hate politics? Is it boring or is it something else?
i can see where your coming from... if im honest with miself i think this too, but i dont like the suffering it causes. Political correctness? there no such thing on an INTJ forum!! :tongue: i joke ofc :happy: but venturing into the even more brutally honest, i also think its one of the ways to keep the human population down. (if i disappear within the month u know where i went :tongue:) and yes, politics are boring, but what gets me they always lie. and i really dont like liars. :angry:

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I hate war, but I believe it to be inevitable and sometimes necessary. Rather than subscribe to the "just war" theory I see structural realism as being the main cause of war:

"States are assumed at a minimum to want to ensure their own survival as this is a prerequisite to pursue other goals. This driving force of survival is the primary factor influencing their behavior and in turn ensures states develop offensive military capabilities, for foreign interventionism and as a means to increase their relative power. Because states can never be certain of other states' future intentions, there is a lack of trust between states which requires them to be on guard against relative losses of power which could enable other states to threaten their survival. This lack of trust, based on uncertainty, is called the security dilemma."

Source:Neorealism (international relations) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
War is pretty much the battle between rich men over their riches, and they send the poor and ignorant to secure their riches for them. The hope is that most of those soldiers die in battle so that the rich men don't have to fork out the money to take care of their wounds.

So, my attitude towards war is that it's pretty much bullshit, wrapped in a phony flag.

·
Registered
23 Posts
war is a basic tool of capitalism to revive itself and to open new resources.
it is a cleansing machine, to ged rid of drained out markets and to create new ones.
it filters the society, kills the dumb ones on the frontier, leaving the clever ones at home to reach new inventions, faster than in the best peace times and after the war to rebuild the society with higher than average genetic quality. (german "wirtschaftswunder" = best example.)
it worked well, for as long as we humans live on earth and will leave with us, if we don't change. and we don't even vagely know, how to.

war is the ugly face of reality.
capitalism is reality.
you can feel about it, what you want. people will never stop. america will never stop.
if you're clever, keep in mind: stay at home, away from the front lines.

·
Heretic
ESI 9w8 5w4 2w1
10,672 Posts
Bloodredwidow
and yes, politics are boring, but what gets me they always lie. and i really dont like liars.
Yes we INTJ can't stand liars much!
Lies are such a hassle.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I am not entirely certain that there really are any circumstances in which it can be justified for man to extinguish the life of another... Though in some cases, I think personally that it may be necessary for that of the greater good for a few key members of society to be eradicated in some manner, and unfortunately it seems that in some cases the most effective and efficient way of doing so lies in their deaths.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I fully support war when it's used for the protection of oppressed humans. Since I have no doubt the universe shall continue just fine without humans, I don’t see a problem pursuing eradication of tyrannical oppression of others by means of war. I'll help bury the bodies. Sign me up. Just let me know where to start digging. Hold your peace sign muffin cakes, I’ll handle up and call you when it’s over.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I fully support war when it's used for the protection of oppressed humans. Since I have no doubt the universe shall continue just fine without humans, I don’t see a problem pursuing eradication of tyrannical oppression of others by means of war. I'll help bury the bodies. Sign me up. Just let me know where to start digging. Hold your peace sign muffin cakes, I’ll handle up and call you when it’s over.
It's too bad most of the bodies you'll be burying are civilians who have nothing to do with the oppression. 90% of the deaths coming from the Americans in their two main wars are innocents. Are innocent people really better off dead than oppressed? I'm sure the living give thanks for the so-called freedom by power-hungry psychopaths who fancy themselves morally superior world police, and who plan to take their fealty in resources after they destroy innocent peoples homes, and kill many of their family members.

·
Registered
120 Posts
war is a basic tool of capitalism to revive itself and to open new resources.
it is a cleansing machine, to ged rid of drained out markets and to create new ones.
it filters the society, kills the dumb ones on the frontier, leaving the clever ones at home to reach new inventions, faster than in the best peace times and after the war to rebuild the society with higher than average genetic quality. (german "wirtschaftswunder" = best example.)
it worked well, for as long as we humans live on earth and will leave with us, if we don't change. and we don't even vagely know, how to.

war is the ugly face of reality.
capitalism is reality.
you can feel about it, what you want. people will never stop. america will never stop.
if you're clever, keep in mind: stay at home, away from the front lines.
War existed well before capitalism. That is an oversimplification. However, I do agree with you on one thing:

No matter what political reasons are given for war, the underlying reason is always economic.
~A. J. P. Taylor

It's not just about rich people, although the rich benefit most. It's about resources and the people who are more determined and in a better position to take them from others. And if one group of people is determined not to go to war, they can only afford to do so if they lack all strategic relevance.

"This is a war universe. War all the time. That is its nature. There may be other universes based on all sorts of other principles, but ours seems to be based on war...and games."
~William S. Burroughs

·
Registered
48 Posts
Tyrannical oppression vs normal oppression, what's the difference? It's very subjective if you ask me and humans are constantly oppressed, otherwise this would be a Utopian society with unlimited resource available to everyone.

It's too bad most of the bodies you'll be burying are civilians who have nothing to do with the oppression. 90% of the deaths coming from the Americans in their two main wars are innocents. Are innocent people really better off dead than oppressed? I'm sure the living give thanks for the so-called freedom by power-hungry psychopaths who fancy themselves morally superior world police, and who plan to take their fealty in resources after they destroy innocent peoples homes, and kill many of their family members.
I would like to see where you pulled your 90% from.

Geopoltical reason for attacking a country is alright with me. Resource are always in constant demand.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Extremely idiotic. Did I stress that enough. I don't think so.

Rather than actually resolving a conflict, you beat the other person until they shut up, aka making millions and millions of peoples' lives HELL. If countries were people, would you have them work it out, or have it be not fixed but avoid the problem by threats or pain.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Extremely idiotic. Did I stress that enough. I don't think so.

Rather than actually resolving a conflict, you beat the other person until they shut up, aka making millions and millions of peoples' lives HELL. If countries were people, would you have them work it out, or have it be not fixed but avoid the problem by threats or pain.
War is resolving a conflict; the conflict of not being able to work things out verbally. Don't be naive in thinking that everything can be worked out with words. Look at the united nations. Great at helping people during an natural disaster, but terrible at resolving conflicts between nations. Conversations begin to be like stagnant water; never changing and filled with bacteria and pollution (politicians). Would you make millions of peoples lives hell so that a billion will be better, and if yes, what about so only another million would be better? how about if it was only a thousand people, that you knew, served under you, families of those people while they live in shitholes, are staving to death, and have only one thin blanket during the winter, would you fight for your people? This is happening without war by the way and you don't the resource or luxury of a drawn out verbal battle of a committee that sits on the other side of the world to get you the resources that you need.

There are limited resources and they won't all be shared or traded.

1 - 20 of 207 Posts