Personality Cafe banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
I like repeating myself. It gives me a chance to refine what I said, while also lecturing the person on not listening to me. If it's the case that I just wasn't speaking loud enough, then yes I don't like repeating myself, but that's my own fault.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So true. I have heard you.

People have crappy short term memory, bad hearing (hitting the clubs too much?), selective hearing, or just aren't paying any attention. It bugs me when they're physically present, but their mind is elsewhere. Generally, I'm not too bothered if we're in groups where discussions can get flowing so rapidly that it's easy not to catch anything, but if it's private (especially if it's important) then they're testing my patience.

It gets on my nerves even more so if they can't read because it's so easy to backtrack to take everything back in. Sometimes, I avoid the debating forum because of this one reason. I'm sure it gets on the nerves of most INTXs who tend to be precise with what they say.

I greatly fear the falling literacy rates with the advent of l33t-speak sometime within the last decade-and-a-bit. It seems that falling literacy rates equates to a lack of listening skills and the total deprivation of face-to-face verbal comprehension at times. Perhaps this is one of the major contributing factors leading constant repetition of the same points and the wastage of energy (the amount of vocal power wasted all these years I could have used to learn to sing or save lives with meaningful speeches).

·
Banned
INTJ-T 5w4
150 Posts
Yes.

Because as far as I'm concerned, it's my job to speak and everyone else's to listen up. If I have to repeat myself, it means you're not doing your job.

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4
6,463 Posts
I hate repeating myself. I don't understand why the hell I should repeat a point I have already made.How about you?
Stop asking me that. 😂🤣

·
Premium Member
INTJ 5w6 (Sp/Sx) 593
1,301 Posts
I guess it depends on the context, and the question being asked.
If I’m not doing anything else and I’m committed to helping a person, I’ll repeat myself as many times as I need to.
Repeating myself gets annoying when I’m trying to get something else done, or if that person is someone I don’t like.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
<<<<<<<——————-take it frum a koon!

haven’t I already answered this q once? U fuking asshole idiot.

intjonny koon

·
Registered
INTJ-Fi
376 Posts
Indeed.

I been better at explaining things as the years go by, rephrasing and just chopping up details into smaller pieces when someone does not understand, but it is still abit annoying sometimes.

The S/N-barrier is still a big annoyance for me even today, I had a discussion with (probably an ISFJ) recently. When I spontaneously use some figurative speech or any kind of metaphor (which is perfectly flowing and natural to me btw) to trying to describe things for this person, it results in expressions like "I have no damn clue what you are talking about" xD

No, I am not talking about several different things at the same time, and I am not speaking another language. You simply does not use Ni/Ne that much... -_-"

Sensors does not actually annoy me that much. I get much more annoyed by people that cling to subjective bias and "many of my friend believe it so I believe it to" in a discussion and even ignoring what I just said. I usually never repeat myself in those situations and move on to something more fun.

81 - 87 of 87 Posts