Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know an INTJ girl that I really really really like. However, I failed to win her heart and I think it's because of her affinity for partying. I myself am not a big party person. I'm curious, is this a common characteristic amongst you INTJs?

·
MOTM Nov 2009
4,132 Posts
Generally not - typically, actually, in the majority leaning to no. In my own personal experience, I hate to party; this is not because I detest people or because I dislike the party scene in general, but the energy around me is quick to wear me out. Additionally, I have a great need for space to myself, and in such an environment, personal space can be a far gone dream at times. The personality types are limited, and most, if not all, of our actions need to be determined by our motivations, not by the behavior itself, but you might want to re-consider the type of the woman you like. Partying is certainly something out of the ordinary for a good majority of INTJs.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
I'm pretty sure they like some D&D. Wait that's not the type of party you meant?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Generally not - typically, actually, in the majority leaning to no. In my own personal experience, I hate to party; this is not because I detest people or because I dislike the party scene in general, but the energy around me is quick to wear me out. Additionally, I have a great need for space to myself, and in such an environment, personal space can be a far gone dream at times. The personality types are limited, and most, if not all, of our actions need to be determined by our motivations, not by the behavior itself, but you might want to re-consider the type of the woman you like. Partying is certainly something out of the ordinary for a good majority of INTJs.

Hmm see I was expecting the answer to be no simply because of the introverted aspect of the personality. However, this girl is weird. Perhaps she's an ambivert because I was under the impression that she was introverted because does not strive to socialize, she just likes to get fucked up haha.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I'm very introverted but when my energy is good I am ready to party like no tomorrow, but I usually need plenty of alcohol. I am always wanting to party, but I know that usually if I did I'd only end up regretting it.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I assume you mean: loud music, lots of people, probably drinking, maybe snacks, FLASHLIGHTS - and needles.

Eh, exceptionally -given the situation- I've actually really enjoyed a party.

I just really do not feel a need or will to party on a frequent and 'regular' pace, at all. I have my own kind of parties. :laughing:

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
I'm pretty sure they like some D&D. Wait that's not the type of party you meant?
I laughed whole-heartedly.
ROFLMAO! Yeah, you'll find me partying in an MMORPG, where we drink Noggen-fogger elixirs, listen to video game OSTs and make nasty jokes in the Trade chat channel =P

What does she do at the parties?

I do at times like to mellow out with a good alcohol buzz and listen to music or watch something funny, but not around random people- only my close friends or my brothers, and only when in a great mood already (high dopamine levels) or else the alcohol just numbs me. Constantly thinking about things in a certain way can be tiring- alcohol / drugs can alter the state of mind to let go of constructs and just feel the world for once. To let go. I at least find this appealing, but yeah, I have to be in the right mood or I won't do it. I never realized how uptight I can be until I got drunk for the first time, feeling the complete opposite from my usual tension level.

It's good to relax from time to time, which can be difficult without a substance to compel the body/brain to do so when it's normal routine is hyper vigilant observation, thinking and analysis = \

Reactions: Luciano and Grey

·
Registered
370 Posts
LOL

I am not much of a partier, but it is not uncommon for some introverted people to party...alcohol helps a lot of introverts feel more comfortable and social. I usually like small gatherings (no more than 10 people).

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Hahaha, D&D and LAN parties are the full extent of my repertoire. I went to one party in college, not knowing what it was (in retrospect, I really don't know what I was expecting), and detested it. All of the drinking and smoking and flirting and girls dressed like prostitutes really turned me off. I have been invited to other parties by girls (pretty ones at that), but politely declined. Now if a girl asks if I want to grab a cup of coffee...

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
I should mention now that the INTJ I'm with actually does like to party a little bit. She likes to got to raves and electo/techno dances. However, She doesn't really interfere with people. Its more of getting lost in the music. I haven't asked her yet, but I think she'd block out most of the people. She has some Extroversion preference though. However, complete Ni dominate. So, INTJs can party.

Now, because that was srz bsnz I need to end it on a non-serious note. I think we'd learn more about INTJs if they had emoticons pop up above their head like characters in MMORPGs do.

Fuck. That would actually help us ENTPs.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hmm see I was expecting the answer to be no simply because of the introverted aspect of the personality. However, this girl is weird. Perhaps she's an ambivert because I was under the impression that she was introverted because does not strive to socialize, she just likes to get fucked up haha.
yeah i like to get fucked up too haha, but hate being in a crowd because i know someone is gonna say somethin ignorant and just ruin my mission on getting fucked up lol.. so i stay around people i can insult because they know its true and dont do nothin about it until i fuck up lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
I don't like to party at all. I find large gatherings over-stimulating, and it's very mentally taxing for me to be around large groups of people for too long. I prefer one-on-one time with someone to whom I am close.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I can get 2-3 drinks (and enjoy it with a FEW people) but that's probably the most I'm willing to ingest. I value my brain too much to fuck it up over that limit.
It's also this, too. When I'm drunk or otherwise inebriated, I always find myself thinking something along the lines of, "I'm wasting my mind while I'm in this state." I guess I find it kind of counterproductive to be drunk.

Reactions: ninjahitsawall

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
I like to party. Only because I ask the host can I take pictures for them. I love to take pictures and I love to pig out on food and drinks I don't usually drink or eat in my daily life, like red bull or cake :proud:

They always say yes when I ask them, it's so much fun just randomly approaching someone with a camera, it's fun taking pictures of people dancing, it's also fun because I get to be in my inside world without anyone pulling me out. I don't have to talk much either.

I usually end up the first leaving though because I get drained quickly.

I also like to take pictures with my own camera then lend people the memory card to put onto their computer or whatever then delete all of the shit off xD

I've had a lot of interesting people approach me this way and I also use the camera to take pictures of the girls I think are hot so I can eye them up, heh heh :wink: and it's a good way of showing interest.

I suppose I like getting off with people to, which has only happened once but I liked it :wink: She just came up to my friend saying I was fucking cool, asking them what my name was, then they called me over and the left the two of us on our own :dry:

But I scored, I doubt it will happen again because the party scene isn't really my scene even if I enjoy it but from my experienced I've mentioned I can definetely say I enjoy parties :cool: In fact the last party I was at was just Saturday gone and I'm going to my friend's eighteenth on Sunday, should be fun because it's only a small gathering with all my closest childhood friends.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Party? Leave me out!

Well I have to say that I really, really do not like to party. I just can not get along with people in that sort of way. To be honest I find parties a little bit too wild and such, they to me just don't make any sense. But that's just my opinion.

1 - 20 of 146 Posts