Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Personally, I've been mistyped as a lot of other MBTI types (ESTJ, ENTJ, INTP, ISTJ,) and I'm wondering if there are any INTJs (or people who identify with other types) who have been mistyped a lot as well.

Some INTJs I've spoken to take the mistyping as a compliment because it really shows the versatility and all-roundedness of us as a type. I'm wondering if you agree with this.

Discuss!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Yep, I've been mistyped as all INXX types. I also take that as a compliment because it shows that I'm a well-rounded person. When it comes to values I relate more to the INFJ, when it comes to artistic creations I relate more to INFP, when it comes to curiosity, wanting to know the truth, sciencific pursuits and enthusiasm I relate more with the INTP. When it comes to cognition, likes&dislikes, attitude and behaviour INTJ.

Reactions: solusmilitia

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
INFJ here (most probably). I've been mistyped a lot (any of the 4 INxx types, once even as an ISFJ). I don't take it as a compliment though, more as a weakness, because it means that I'm not able to fully understand myself.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I've always tested INTJ, and I'm fairly strong into all four categories. Every once in a while I'll think I'm an ISTJ because of some random thing that fits but then I'll laugh when I remember that the INTJ actually fits so much better, and there's no way that I'm an SJ or anything other than a NT

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
(( accidentally made and published a post, you can ignore this ))

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
INFJ here (most probably). I've been mistyped a lot (any of the 4 INxx types, once even as an ISFJ). I don't take it as a compliment though, more as a weakness, because it means that I'm not able to fully understand myself.
I can relate to the fact that I can't understand myself well enough and on the fact that there is never really any closure.

It's really frustrating to not be able to fully understand yourself even though there's a somewhat solid criteria that you can place yourself on. I guess having more knowledge of MBTI would help, but then there's always this gaping hole of 'unknown information' hovering around, you know? an INTP uncovered that for me a few days ago.

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
I used to get ISTJ a lot, or I'd get close to 50/50 on S vs N. (I say "used to" because I've taken so many tests I feel like I know it too well to get an accurate result, lol). Have also gotten INTP a few times. On cognitive functions tests, they've suggested ISTP and ENTJ as well. In some of those, ENTJ was my most likely (scored higher on Te than Ni).

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Yeah, definitely.

Originally I thought I was an INTP. Eventually I began to think I was either ISTJ, ENTJ, or INTJ, after some additional time I had a phase where it seemed like a toss up between INTJ, INFP, and ISFP. While I still consider MBTI to be fairly confusing, I've settled on INTJ, as I am the socionics equivalent, being ILI.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha same tbh

I got INTP first, then I tested as ISTP, ISFP, and then INTJ.

sometimes MBTI tests aren't really cut out of accuracy/reliability huh

1 - 9 of 9 Posts