Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Plumcot
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I want to say how perfectly happy with who I am, I relish the uniqueness that comes with someone's own MBTI.

Now, I'm starting college soon, and I would like to learn from you strategist. I was wondering, how can I act more INTJ? How can I develop some of the traits?

·
Plumcot
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hm...that's true, I really should do that.
I'll read up on that, and see.
Thanks!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Be yourself. Just focus, do your work, plan what you're doing and think through your plan so you know what you're doing etc. Don't get yourself too involved in other people's drama.

·
Banned
42 Posts
While you shouldn't try to act like an INTJ, there are some things you can do to be a better student.
As an INTJ in school, I have the mentality: Whatever you want someone to call you, just be that.

I want people to tell me I'm intelligent, a look of awe mingled with envy in their eyes. Thus, I focus on getting excellent grades. Scoring high has little to do with a measured amount of intelligence you are born with, and a lot to do with sheer handwork and drive. Always have some vision, some goal perched before your eyes to motivate you to strive for excellence.

I read this somewhere online, when a person asked how to be confident. The reply was, "Actual achievement. Accept no substitutes. Set a goal of moderate challenge and do it."

I'm not saying I don't procrastinate, but my strategy to ward off procrastination is to keep a clear ideal for myself in front of me at all times.

·
Registered
479 Posts
While you shouldn't try to act like an INTJ, there are some things you can do to be a better student.
As an INTJ in school, I have the mentality: Whatever you want someone to call you, just be that.

I want people to tell me I'm intelligent with that look of awe mingled with envy in their eyes, so I focus on getting the top grades. High grades has little to do with a measured amount of intelligence you are born with, and a lot to do with sheer handwork and drive. Always have some vision, some goal perched before your eyes to motivate you to strive for excellence.

I read this somewhere online, when a person asked how to be confident. The reply was, "Actual achievement. Accept no substitutes. Set a goal of moderate challenge and do it."
words of wisdom. :)
@Yoohoo Larry

Sometimes I wish I was an INTJ, too, but you can't be who you're not. Start googling ENFP growth and development, or invest in some books if you want to. There are a lot of books based on the MBTI, and they've got more information than the standard online websites which over-generalize everything. Books go in depth, and if you get an ENFP book it'll have tons of information in that. (That is, if you have the time and effort to research about it and all.)

But if you just want the main ideas and tiny little details, the Internet will be your best friend.

·
Plumcot
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree, yes, I really shouldn't, It's more of the, "I need to get my shit together thing" you know?
That makes a lot of sense actually, I'll apply that, too.
Thank you!

·
Plumcot
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
(Haha don't we all.)
I'll be sure to find a nice book on it, thank you :)!

·
Banned
42 Posts
I agree, yes, I really shouldn't, It's more of the, "I need to get my shit together thing" you know?
That makes a lot of sense actually, I'll apply that, too.
Thank you!
You're welcome! On another note, I wish I was more Enfp. Since I'm not, I'm just going to date one. I love how non conforming you all are. How good at conversing and making everyone feel at ease you are. Very charming people. Could you see yourself dating someone like an intj?

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Though this is copying a meme, one does not simply become an INTJ :kitteh:.

We don't transform into an INTJ. We are just INTJs because most of our behavior correlates with behaviors usually associated with that certain MBTI title. It's probably best to read a book on college studying habits. I also recommend making friends with upper clansmen in order to get the inside scoop of the school.

·
Plumcot
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What a compliment haha :)!
Probably, yeah. I'm generally attracted to intelligence, and all the INTJ's I've met are fairly intelligent. I need someone to put up with my desire to learn everything and anything haha.
Go get that ENFP booty, tiger!

·
Administrator
ESFJ
22,406 Posts
If you act like an INTJ you will have plenty of people to say hi to but you'll end up wondering why you are eating lunch alone until you find an extrovert friend. :confused:

·
Plumcot
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Aaaw...
But I'm literally the incarnation of snow white, my champion though process brings all the forest animals to the school yard :)!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts