Personality Cafe banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
I am 5w6(4 wing is close to be balanced) tritype 531(however I have typed as 54x on tests, x=1,9,8). However I am not 100% sure that I am an INTJ tho(other possible types include INTP, ISTJ, ISTP).

·
Registered
106 Posts
If you want friends similar to you, maybe you should not use ennagram to measure similarness.
It is horribly inaccurate. In contrast to mbti, which have functions, thus explanations to someone's mind working pattern, which is more close to actual psychology, enneagram rely on sterotypical descriptions and characteristics. On the top of that, the most popular method to sort a person into one enneagram type is online tests. And everyone do them according to how they see themselves or what they want to be,which isn't neccessary meets the actual truth. Now these more often than not, cause human errors in this model. So majority of people are mistyped in the first place. This was not your question, but can be useful to know. This is a rather ineffective idea.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
If you want friends similar to you, maybe you should not use ennagram to measure similarness.
It is horribly inaccurate. In contrast to mbti, which have functions, thus explanations to someone's mind working pattern, which is more close to actual psychology, enneagram rely on sterotypical descriptions and characteristics. On the top of that, the most popular method to sort a person into one enneagram type is online tests. And everyone do them according to how they see themselves or what they want to be,which isn't neccessary meets the actual truth. Now these more often than not, cause human errors in this model. So majority of people are mistyped in the first place. This was not your question, but can be useful to know. This is a rather ineffective idea.
Your entire life is an ineffective idea. Even tho/ still its good that you've found a place to express your negative opinion of yourself. If you're so unhappy with your life cause you never get laid, read about your Enneagram characteristics while shoving a greased corn cob up your sphincter while masterbating as this will certainly ,at least for a time, give you a feeling of being Near SchitingHeaven...................
Thanx & have a great day
Jonny Koon Luzsha

·
Registered
INTJ subs: entj, istj, infj
475 Posts
The enneagram is great for self help but I'm not a fan of it for defining yourself, ie. a lot of INTJ are 5w6, some 4w5 etc.. then end of story.

I found that defining yourself with subtypes with the below method I've developed from testing with Neojunginan Typology (science based and 16 cognitive functions) is much more interesting since it may show what you are most like and potentially.

Also the enneagram is not derived from the work of Carl Jung and Isabel Myers Briggs with dichotomy and cognitive functions which is excellent typology.

The goal of typology is give an idea about what to expect from a person.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I have consistently scored highest as a 5, most likely a 5w4 from most tests, although the wings tend to be close. I relate to both 5 wing descriptions, so that has always been a toss up and it could very well be that I easily go between the two depending on the subject I am dealing with.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts