Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any INTJs like me out there.. who never really figured out what to do with themselves?

I always wanted a high paying job, financially safe, downpayed house. That was basically my plan. I never knew what I wanted to become. Just wanted to be rich. I never enjoyed school enough to have favoritt subject ( except woodworking, but that was in 6 grade), where I would study or be interested in it when I was home from school.

Ive had several jobs, but I finaly ended up in a temp job, wich has now become my primary job. Im earning $100K+ a year, with 7 months off a year, so it allowes me to go to College at the same time. So, finaly, when I get this great (but sort of unfulfilling) job, I realise I dont need a high paying job to enjoy life ( after reading several blogs and websites the past two years, on how to live on less then normal in our society), but rather do something Im happy with. Ohh, Im not sure what makes me happy

So, at the same time Im going to College studying Social Economics, but I have no idea what I can use it for. I have never thought about what kind of jobs I can get when Im not a top level student ( since Im away 40% of the semester due to my job, aaand not enjoying all the subjects, Im getting low grades). The best find jobs in the National Bank, Finance Dep, etc etc.. but low level. Im not so sure. Im seeing cubicle work ahead of me.. :cool:

Hmm.. this sounds more like a rant than an actual question.

Just to round it of.. even after spending 4 years in college, not particularly enjoying my subject anymore, Im thinking of going back to do a engineering degree. Even though Im terrified of making an arse of myself not understanding or failing miserably. I have no idea why I would want this on myself. By this time next year I have a degree, why not just be happy with it, and hope thats enough??

Ok.. rant of :confused:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hotell Employe in the Oil sector.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Are there any INTJs like me out there.. who never really figured out what to do with themselves?.... but I finaly ended up in a temp job, wich has now become my primary job .... several blogs and websites the past two years, on how to live on less then normal in our society), but rather do something Im happy with. .. Im seeing cubicle work ahead of me..
Ooh, I can defintely relate with you on this topic. I'll spare everyone further ranting about myself though. Let's just say, we've got a lot in common. Best of luck with your choices, and finding a means by which you can do what you love.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I think that being an INTJ doesn't imply that you have a plan. It does imply that you want one though. Is that the case? If not, perhaps you should reconsider whether you really are an INTJ or not.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Well...

If we can take the job out of the equation, we may be in a similar situation here. How to build up a life is part of where I still have some struggles in life. While I work as a web developer, I do get how well that works for me and the like so there we differ. What stuff I should do with my life though is still a good question.

A thought is to see what interests you have, what kinds of activities work for you and the like. This works for me in some ways but not in others. While I have various groups, I'm not sure if I have friends from those groups so that's part of what makes this tricky for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts