Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
What do you think of INTJs?
It's hard to say. I've only had to deal with one for sure (we all took the MBTI test in an education class and we were on a group project)

Given the fact that it was a group project and that automatically makes me want to start shooting people, I was irritated by her need to have everything be so damn perfect and the over-intellectualizing. (is that a word? whatever)

Anyway, I had to tune her out and just concentrate on my part. In the end she read from the textbook for the oral presentation, and I just made something up 2 minutes beforehand. She bored me.

Now if we had been outside of a school setting, maybe it would have been better. And big surprise here -- she's going to make it through the teaching program, but I dropped out and went back to engineering. HATE school.
:crazy:

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
My bro's INTJ. It's a love-hate relationship. :crazy: We're the best of friends and the worst of enemies. We can be pretty competitive with one another, especially about who's the smartest! We can talk or just chill in silence, which is awesome for this introvert.

I get along with other supposed INTJs as well.

·
MOTM June 2010
2,507 Posts
Berens and Nardi says ISTP and INTJ are look alike types since they share function attitudes that are similar (Ni-Te/Ti-Se), and both use the “Chart the Course” interaction style, It is the reason that ISTPs mistakes themselves for INTP or INTJ.

I like INTJs. I can mirror them and vice versa in most cases but as Miss Fix It says they can be quite pedantic at times. The problem is ITJs know they are being that way and find it important where ISTPs are generally in denial that they can be the same way as well. They have to be, that’s what Ti is about.

Where INTPs can sometimes irk me with their thoughts all over the place, generally INTJs are good at applicability to theories and thoughts. But like ISJs, too many times INTJs think so linearly to miss the big picture or will stay within the confines of their thought process in needing a beginning-middle and end. To the contrary the linear thinking is what Ni and Si does, not because of the Te. The Te simply makes it more pronounced. Nevertheless, I post on INTJf occasionally and I prefer to discuss politics, history and similar matters with INTJs than any other type.

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
The 2 in my family... can't stand em, they can be hilarious though, but they simply refuse to understand where I'm coming from. They think I'm ungreatful because I don't take their god-sent advice.

The many that I know in school are great. Really funny. I'm not usually around them for conversation though.

But my overall view of INTJ's is that they're habitually controlling. Some of them recognize it and will catch themselves in the act, others get angry when I tell them I've already made up my mind about the subject. Arguments with an INTJ usually consist:
me:this happens, because of this... therefore I will do this.
INTJ: no, you're wrong.
me: why?
INTJ: because everything you just said is an assumption
me: nothing I said is an assumption, I've thought about this very hard
INTJ: let me show you your assumptions
me: I said that because...

and it just goes on like that for hours, and even if my logic is 100% sound, they won't admit any sort of correctness on my behalf. Usually its me defending my impenetrable argument from every angle while they try to break it down. Perhaps I should ask them for THEIR argument and take the aggressive position.

I don't understand them at all.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
^^My brother is the one of the only people I will debate with. It's fun, because while we have different interests, we also have a lot of similar interests, and pretty much the same values on life as well, so we have a wide spectrum of things to draw from.

We take turns playing the devil's advocate with one another. It was my turn last time. I don't know how we got on the subject, but he thought that all people were sheep, and I, of course, was taking the more moderate stance for fun. I would throw out a "What do you mean by this or that?" because his Ni was having trouble defining what he meant in clear enough terms for my Ti.

I was also goading him with my inquiries to respond in a way that was reflective of his cognitive processes. :proud: (I had more trouble typing him than any of the other members of my family. So while he says INTJ sounds accurate when I proposed it to him, he never really gave me a straight answer, so I'm always observing. I know, I'm weird.) And oh, he did. His arguments were riddled with Ni/Te reasoning.

Near the end of the debate, he said, I just realized you don't actually hate people. I'm actually more misanthropic than you are, but I have more friends than you do. How does that work?
Me: I need my space.

What I love about my brother is that he knows I'm crazy, and I do crazy things like make experiments for typology and study random language grammars for fun, but he still likes hanging around me. Well, we are family, but for some people, that means nothing. But, honestly, I think he only likes hanging around me is because I'm intelligent. We're both too intelligent for our own good, and by that I mean we're both very intelligent and we know it, which is at times not necessarily a good thing.

Reactions: Functianalyst
1 - 6 of 6 Posts