Personality Cafe banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's some disagreement on Cinderella @angelcat's blog and I realize that a few of you typing folk have probably seen it as well.

Thoughts on the characters? And I would like to clarify that I mean in the Disney movie, honestly I do think that the musical could be done in some different ways to show different personalities depending on the actors.

Just to get it started...

Baker: Si user?
Baker's wife: the best character honestly. I've heard ENTP for her, which is weird but I can sort of see it. Usually I think she's ESFJ but in this movie I can see ENTP
Jack: He's got some Pe. Not sure about anything else.
Red Riding Hood: Fi/Te
Cinderella: IxFx?
Witch: ? Fe? Not sure.
Everyone else: who knows, but feel free to being up other characters from the film

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
I shouldn't comment, because I really didn't like this movie, but most of these seem accurate, Jack seemed INFP to me, and the witch did seem EXXJ, but I'm not sure which, exactly.

Cinderella, though, did seem ISFJ to me, I may be missing something, though, since I saw the movie... months upon months ago... :tongue:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yeah Cinderella stumps me. I've seen the arguments for both infp and isfj and I'm still stuck. I'll do a re-watch after I come back from the comic store today.

I can see how people type isfj for Rapunzel, she's definitely ixfx.
Rapunzel's Prince strikes me as esfp and Cinderella's Prince possibly a estp.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Baker : ESFJ (or ISFJ I guess)
Baker's wife : ENTP (or ESTP , I don't see high Si and Fe though)
Cinderella : ISFJ ?
Witch : Maybe ESTJ ?
Red Riding Hood : ESFP ?

·
Registered
ENTP | 7w6 | so/sx
693 Posts
The problem with Into The Woods is that the original musical was not designed to have character development. It was supposed to be a black humor sort of show making fun of "happy endings" that are so prominent in fairy tales (hence why everybody but Cinderella, the Baker, Little Red, and Jack die).

Hell, they even sacrifice their own Narrator to the Giantess in the musical.

I feel like there's too little to go off of to get an accurate typing, movie or musical alike, unfortunately.

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The problem with Into The Woods is that the original musical was not designed to have character development. It was supposed to be a black humor sort of show making fun of "happy endings" that are so prominent in fairy tales (hence why everybody but Cinderella, the Baker, Little Red, and Jack die).

Hell, they even sacrifice their own Narrator to the Giantess in the musical.

I feel like there's too little to go off of to get an accurate typing, movie or musical alike, unfortunately.
The musical was wonderful. Disney made it way too kid friendly. The concept of the musical was gorgeous, the... everything about the musical was gorgeous, honestly. Disney made a cute movie, but there's a reason why so many people walked away from the theatre saying "I just wasted three hours of my life"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts