Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was young, I rarely left the house besides for school. I spent a lot of time alone had a lot of free time. I used my free time to collect things: stickers, rocks (I'm not joking, my mother threw them out when she found out her closet was filled with rocks), rubber bands, Pokemon cards, and many more things. I wonder if any INTPs have any big collection of stuff that they've accumulated over the years? Any collectors?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I used to collect bird feathers and rolled pennies. The desire to collect things faded after several missed opportunities to collect rolled pennies .... it broke me :(

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Old collections (used to collect):
Pokemon cards, Yugioh cards, Dinosaur toys/books

Current collections (still collecting):
Lego, Video games, Money :p

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
You can be lazy and disorganized while being a collector. I like to neatly hoard, I'm also the master of organized chaos. Sometimes when the mood really strikes me, I organize all my games alphabetically. But that rarely happens.
There is no greater satisfaction than ordering all your games and books alphabetically. I swear I've stood silent smirking at my collection for like 15 minutes. :p

·
Banned
7,396 Posts
I used to really like rocks. Not just hoarding them, but memorizing all the names and classifications (it gets complicated because then there's the minerals, the metals, the rocks that aren't "real" rocks like conglomerate, etc.) Heh, I was the only in my Earth Science class who could answer offhand that "Fool's Gold" is Pyrite.

I found I could satisfy the urge by going to museums like Astro Gallery (they have a lot of rocks) and buying those samples of rocks on a sheet (this sturdy sheet with neatly cut squares of various rock/mineral types glued on it, with their names underneath, so it's a nice and neat collection that takes up very little space). I still get a little crazy when I go to a museum and they have a rock/crystal collection.

@Ninjaws Nice serval. x3

·
Registered
307 Posts
http://www.intp.org/intprofile.html said:
INTPs are collectors, but they are collecters for whom the objects themselves are only important in so far as they evoke a connection to past events, in so far as they yield a nostalgic mood.
Yep. I hoard, not collect. Stuff just sorta lies around.

http://www.intp.org/intprofile.html said:
Objects which lie unmoved for more than about 48 hours usually become invisible to the INTP, until such time as he has a use for them again.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Lol I used to collect yugioh cards. (All the other kids majorly had Pokemon cards, and I didn't like their unhealthy obsession with it, and I didn't like it as much as yugioh, I always thought yugioh was darker and more mystical and cool than Pokemon) . I think I had also a deep fascination with rocks due to science classes regarding the different types of rocks you could get.

Now I collect receipts for tax purposes, and knowledge for academic purposes . nothing out of the ordinary . Anyway yeah, I would hoard not really "collect" things as I used to when I was small aha. Even when I was small, I would only collect as much as I could show people 'look at all my cards, wanna play?' or 'look at this cool rock'

·
Registered
288 Posts
I used to collect marbles. I'd draw little faces on them and at the end of the month I'd watch as people went crazy as I "accidentally" dropped all of them in the halls.

It was funny... I felt like the guy in this video.

Anyway, I don't really collect things and I'm not at all a sentimental person. Everything I need is able to fit inside of a single suitcase.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Yeah, the links are so true. I do not really get stuff as collector, but I keep those that represent some connection to past events, momories - sort of alternative to diary, which for the most time is absolutely neglected (to make nostalgic surprise later).
I would expect S types to be more likely collectors, like my ESTP? friend.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Lol I used to collect yugioh cards. (All the other kids majorly had Pokemon cards, and I didn't like their unhealthy obsession with it, and I didn't like it as much as yugioh, I always thought yugioh was darker and more mystical and cool than Pokemon) . I think I had also a deep fascination with rocks due to science classes regarding the different types of rocks you could get.

Now I collect receipts for tax purposes, and knowledge for academic purposes . nothing out of the ordinary . Anyway yeah, I would hoard not really "collect" things as I used to when I was small aha. Even when I was small, I would only collect as much as I could show people 'look at all my cards, wanna play?' or 'look at this cool rock'
I usedto collect any thing Pokemon. Digimon, monster rancher and yu gi oh. When I was even younger my biggest obsession was any thing power rangers (still have a bed sheet that is now my daughter's).

Mostly what I collect now are actions figures, comics, books, games and consoles.
I don't have pictures of our other stuff right now but this is our nerd wall:
Shelf Shelving Furniture Wall Wood

Consoles we currently own: Xbox one, two 360s, original Xbox, PS1 to PS3, two gamecubes, Wii, super Nintendo, 2 3ds, my original gameboy color from when I was about 11 and a PSP. Oh, and a Sega genesis that needs work.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
I usedto collect any thing Pokemon. Digimon, monster rancher and yu gi oh. When I was even younger my biggest obsession was any thing power rangers (still have a bed sheet that is now my daughter's).

Mostly what I collect now are actions figures, comics, books, games and consoles.
I don't have pictures of our other stuff right now but this is our nerd wall:
View attachment 321850

Consoles we currently own: Xbox one, two 360s, original Xbox, PS1 to PS3, two gamecubes, Wii, super Nintendo, 2 3ds, my original gameboy color from when I was about 11 and a PSP. Oh, and a Sega genesis that needs work.
You have a Portal gun. :O

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
There is no greater satisfaction than ordering all your games and books alphabetically. I swear I've stood silent smirking at my collection for like 15 minutes. :p
I spend more time worrying about it all being in order DX

You have a Portal gun. :O
Yes! It lights up and makes sounds too! It is awesome!

Likewise, you should see my "stuff". I need to buy a filing cabinet soon for all the paperwork I have because my method of organization is not working lol. It works for me, not for others.

·
MOTM July 2015
6,265 Posts
My hoarding habits are on dragon level XD
A list of some collections filling my rather tiny bedroom:
Pocket watches, parts of pocket watches, clocks and other mechanisms, records, rocks (high five!), cat and elephant figurines, weird talismans (there's an esotheric shop I visit quite often and buy a lot of unnecessary shizzle I've little idea about), books (some of them I'm not really interested in but they have interesting covers/fonts/illustrations), art supplies bought on a whim, candles, pictures cut out of magazines, sunglasses (on a daily basis I only wear one pair). I try to throw out some of those things I don't need but somehow there's more and more and I think I'm just gonna give up ;_;
(I forgot about hats, parasols and scarves)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Literally thousands of rocks and fossils. It's a bit of a problem. I also have a thing for americana, trading cards, video games, old tech/steam punk, and anything I see as odd or interesting. Yeah, maybe I need help -_-

1 - 20 of 46 Posts