Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your general intake on INTPs and drugs?
What are your personal experiences with drugs? What have you tried and how did you like it and why?
Are there any drugs you would like to try?
And other drug discussions in general.

Feels like it could be a lot of drugs in a INTPs life if it were not for the introverted and lazy nature - if it would have been legal for example. The seek for experiences, knowledge and new points of view.

My personal experiences that I know of:
Alcohol - since early teens. Drank to flee a bad reality (didn't get that at the time) and to boost my E and F. Today I drink due to habit/addiction and to stimulate my E, social life and alcohol goes hand in hand in my culture.
Cannabis - since late teens. Smoked just for fun. Later on I smoked to flee reality, stimulate my thoughts and sometimes to quite them, or just out of plane boredom. Stopped when it got out of hand and my mind got screwed up.
Ecstasy - only tried it twice. First time due to curiosity, it was really awesome. Second time to relive the awesomeness, but it was a disappointment. Would probably take it again if I got the chance and during the right circumstances.

Drug I want to try, and wanted as long as I can remember:
Psychedelics and Hallucinogens - Like LSD, muchrooms, 2-CB and mescaline. Think it would be very very awesome experiences. Never tried it because I've never come in contact with it, and are to socially awkward to ask for it, and to paranoid to order from the internet.

Drugs I don't want to try:
Opiates - Would just be bad for me, I'm almost certain I would go into bad abuse rather quickly.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Alcohol - I use it in parties, sometimes alone but never to the extent that I do when with friends, the hangover just plain sucks.

Weed/hash - Use it almost daily, but reduced lately since it increases my laziness to unprecedented levels.

Ecstasy - Used it once, was so damn high and touchy I vowed never to do that again(I used it after drinking high amounts of gatorade-vodka, so it might be a combination of the two)

Speed - used twice, at the national holiday, the feeling's great, but I just don't trust these damn pills, especially since these are cooked up by OC.

Hallu's/Psych: never tried, I was actually scheduled for a mush trip a year back, but I backed out at the last minute, I feared it might increase my depression and mess my head up.

Pretty sure this has been done already.

I don’t do drinking or drugs, I DO LIFE BRO. mmm, sweet life.
never even drank? or puff on a bonkie?

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pretty sure this has been done already.

I don’t do drinking or drugs, I DO LIFE BRO. mmm, sweet life.
Drugs are a part of life if you take them.
Some people take it to flee reality life (like me sometimes) but the truth is you don't, you integrate it in life.
The Internet is my drug. I know it's bad for me. but it's so good, it's soooooooo addicting. I. just. can't. stop.
Not a thread about vices, a thread about drugs, that physically changes your chemical balance. But I hear what you're saying.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Alcohol - I use it in parties, sometimes alone but never to the extent that I do when with friends, the hangover just plain sucks.

Weed/hash - Use it almost daily, but reduced lately since it increases my laziness to unprecedented levels.

Ecstasy - Used it once, was so damn high and touchy I vowed never to do that again(I used it after drinking high amounts of gatorade-vodka, so it might be a combination of the two)

Speed - used twice, at the national holiday, the feeling's great, but I just don't trust these damn pills, especially since these are cooked up by OC.

Hallu's/Psych: never tried, I was actually scheduled for a mush trip a year back, but I backed out at the last minute, I feared it might increase my depression and mess my head up.

never even drank? or puff on a bonkie?
I’ve tasted various forms of alcohol but I can’t get past the shitty taste and I don’t see the attraction of getting tipsy.
I haven’t tried anything else, again, not interested.

I might not be enjoying every moment of life, but I don’t feel the need to escape it.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
One time, when I was in 8th Grade, I took some DXM with a friend. I remember tricking him into thinking that he was a robot, but I was so convincing that I thought I was a robot, and so I went into public like a robot, making whirring and beeping noises. As this happened, down the street from his home, a house was on fire and there were firetrucks in the road. A crowd gathered. I told my friend that I could play the human game well, because of my fleshy exterior, so I began talking to the firefighters about what happened. Then, after the small-talk about what fires mean symbolically, I walked four miles to my house, so I could watch Ren & Stimpy.

·
Registered
705 Posts
What is your general intake on INTPs and drugs?
I really don't know. Some INTPs are super straight-edge, some INTPs absolutely adore drugs. I don't think there's only one way INTPs deal with drugs.

What are your personal experiences with drugs? What have you tried and how did you like it and why?
Some were nice, some were shitty.

Alcohol: Makes me numb, sleepy and depersonalized when drank quickly and when already a little tired. However, when I drink alcohol when I'm relatively energetic, I become more social, touchy-feely and superficially happy. Great for parties.

Cannabis: This one is even more unpredictable than alcohol. Sometimes I become dazed, slow, nervous and depersonalized. But more often I become euphoric and adventurous. Luckily lately the positive experiences have been increasing. I love music, nature, food and adventure when high. I don't smoke at big parties or anything though, big groups of people make me feel really disconnected and aloof when high.

The first time I got high I had somewhat of a psychedelic experience. I smoked about 0.7 gram by myself. My friend was with me and smoked about 0.3 gram. I've never gotten as high again, and have always been a little careful with my dosage since. I never get too high because of this experience.
Everything went in ultra slow-motion, I'm talking time-warp slow, and at some point I was skipping back and forth through time. I also started seeing an overlaying psychedelic pattern over everything. My mouth was so dry and my thoughts were going so fast, I was unable to say anything but mumble. I couldn't hold a glass of orange juice, it slipped right through my fingers. I also saw some minor open-eye visuals, like thinking I had the keys to my house in my hand, and actually seeing them, but apparently not actually having them in my hand. (My friend told me this)

Nitrous Oxide: Haven't tried it yet. I got offered to recently, but I was already drunk and tired, so I chose to skip the chance and wait for another time. I'm curious about it.

Psychedelics: I might give these a try when I'm a lot older. I think I am too young and too sensitive for them at the moment. They're interesting, but very intense and potentially life-changing, which can be either good or bad. I don't think I'll ever have enough confidence in myself to try them, but who knows.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Cannabis: This one is even more unpredictable than alcohol. Sometimes I become dazed, slow, nervous and depersonalized. But more often I become euphoric and adventurous. Luckily lately the positive experiences have been increasing. I love music, nature, food and adventure when high. I don't smoke at big parties or anything though, big groups of people make me feel really disconnected and aloof when high.
True, most people assume that stoners are somehow incapable of doing interesting things when high, but when it's summer time, I often do sports, or otherwise physical activities while high, not that my fun depends on it, but I enjoy it from time to time.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
I smoked pot twice in college. I've never had a cigarette, but like the taste of cigars very occasionally.
Aside from occasional wine or beer that's about all. No interest in doing other drugs.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Well, you could go either way... some people think it's really stupid, some people like them a lot... There isn't one way all INTPs are going to think about something.

Alcohol- Saw my mom's wine on the counter. I thought it was grape juice. I drank it. Then I discovered that it was indeed not grape juice. Spat it out. Ate a piece of chocolate instead.

Caffeine- It's technically a drug... I drink green tea all the time. One time I drank two bottles of it (equivalent to about 1 and 1/3 a cup of coffee) in about an hour and I went crazy and told everyone I saw that I was a squirrel.

Therefore, if that was my reaction to caffeine, I don't think I should do any other drugs. XD

LSD and other hallucinogens sound cool. But I'm too lazy/too scared to try them. XD

·
Registered
705 Posts
True, most people assume that stoners are somehow incapable of doing interesting things when high, but when it's summer time, I often do sports, or otherwise physical activities while high, not that my fun depends on it, but I enjoy it from time to time.
I really don't like the kind of high where you're just sitting on a couch with 3 other stoned people, doing nothing but smoking more weed. It's really dull, and makes me feel empty.

Like you said, going out and doing something is wonderful while high. My perfect scenario would be at summer, biking around a park/forest, listening to something upbeat and complicated/melodic on my headphones. Perhaps with a companion if he or she is feeling the same.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Well, you could go either way... some people think it's really stupid, some people like them a lot... There isn't one way all INTPs are going to think about something.

Alcohol- Saw my mom's wine on the counter. I thought it was grape juice. I drank it. Then I discovered that it was indeed not grape juice. Spat it out. Ate a piece of chocolate instead.

Caffeine- It's technically a drug... I drink green tea all the time. One time I drank two bottles of it (equivalent to about 1 and 1/3 a cup of coffee) in about an hour and I went crazy and told everyone I saw that I was a squirrel.

Therefore, if that was my reaction to caffeine, I don't think I should do any other drugs. XD

LSD and other hallucinogens sound cool. But I'm too lazy/too scared to try them. XD
LOL, if caffeine makes you feel like a squirrel I strongly concur that you should not try other D's xD

·
Registered
358 Posts
Alcohol has always played a big role in my social situations. I can't bear to be around most people, most of the time, so I drink to make it tolerable. After a few drinks I am more friendly and relaxed, people tend to enjoy me more and I tend to enjoy their company.
Marijuana and I have had our ups and downs. In more recent times I've found its use to be highly enjoyable. It has helped to rid of my anxiety and depression along with helping to stimulate my art work and writing.
Amphetamines have proven to be nothing but detrimental to my mental and physical health. They leave me feeling even more lonely and depressed than I do when I am sober and in the end all of the benefits I receive while on them are counteracted in negative after effects.
Psychedelics are a good ol' friend of mine. Acid changed my life for the better by altering my previously-ignorant perception on nearly every aspect of my life. Mushrooms have had no noticeable longterm effects on me, when I'm on them, I love life. DMT has brought me to indescribable places. Far too much to get into on that for my lazy self.
I've been through quite a bit dealing with the positives and negatives of drugs. In the end I am happy with having taken them. Acid brought me to a place in which helped determined what I truly want out of my life.
It's a shame I'm not more motivated to go into more depth, I have a lot to say on this topic.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Alcohol has always played a big role in my social situations. I can't bear to be around most people, most of the time, so I drink to make it tolerable.

It's a shame I'm not more motivated to go into more depth, I have a lot to say on this topic.
I smoke weed, everyday, for that reason. Ever since dad handed me the joint six years ago. It helps me deal with people, and most other stresses in life. It helps me have an appetite, or at least I don't forget to eat as often. It helps me not be a raging cunt to the people around me.
Ketamine was weak, but alright.
Helium was the only thing that's ever gotten me an out-of-body experience, but whipped cream whip-it's taste beter and they make my head feel like a balloon.
Hash makes me exhausted.
Alcohol makes me sick, but I have a tendency to get into alcoholism very easily anyway. Try to stay away from it.
Cigarettes make me puke, every single time.
Acid is great, but I only ever take small doses. I don't want to feel out of control.
Mushrooms are cool too, but they make me sick before they get me high. Which sucks because if I focus on the sickness it'll ruin the trip a bit.
Ecstacy gives me head and stomach pain, completely not worth it.
I had a chunk of Molly, probably like a gram, but I gave it away.
Cocaine is only ok if it's NOT in my nose. I swear, if i snort even a bump my nose leaks like a crappy faucet for at least a week.
Crack I've only tried a few times, and I stay clear because it has most of what I look for in cocaine.

That's it, I think... I think.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I'm on the same page as @Richard. I've consumed alcohol, but the taste is terrible, and I really don't care too much for being tipsy or drunk. Eh, it's okay at best, but it's just not worth it overall.

I was once a little interested in feeling the effects of cannabis, but I really don't care anymore. I don't seek it out, and I'm perfectly fine never doing it, because I know that even if I did try it once, I would never turn it into a habit, since the money isn't worth spending nor the addiction worth fueling.

I love experiencing life at my fullest cognitive ability; I have no interest in distorting it nor feeling dependent on something to be happy.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Stopped alcohol two years back after getting hospitalized twice. I have low resistance! Although, beer is okay.

Marijuana/Hashish. I have had good trips and bad trips. Bad trips are horrible because they are like nightmares only that you can't seem to wake up. Two second memory spans, fractured thoughts, intense hunger, dehydration, voluntary breathing, increased heart beat, etc. It was horrifying.

Magic Mushrooms. Made me feel like spider-man with heightened senses. After a while, you're living a dream or dreaming, or something. Psychedelic stuff, yeah. Made me puke afterwards though.

Cigarettes and Caffeine. I tried leaving cigarettes but the withdrawal symptoms are so nasty. Maybe after my exams, maybe. Caffeine doesn't make a difference, I just like coffee.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.