Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at my personality types in depth recently and have noticed that I seem to be INTP and ESTP stuck in a blender.
I find my self to be balanced EXACTLY in the middle of Extroversion and Introversion. I like being alone after I have just been around lots of people (like at school or a party) but after I have been alone for too long I begin LONGING for people to talk to, laugh with, and I like it when they are there. Although one thing that does stand out is that I like the power CHOOSE when I want to be alone and when to be around people.

I also am very much both N and S. I am VERY theoretical and intuitive. I am often able to determine a persons feelings without being overcome with them myself. I then determine whether or not I agree or disagree with the persons emotions and proceed to act in a respectfully soft, but straightforward, manner.
At the same time, I also respect statistics and facts. Often pulling myself back down to earth the the here and now in order to enable easy communication and I often admit that my theories are often irrational when compared to actual statistics.

However, I DO value my intuition slightly more than statistics and am especially upset whenever people use statistics to judge others. (I actually didn't like this test the first time I took it because it forced me to choose between INTP and ESTP)

I have also found myself looking up to the expressiveness of ESTP's and they often end up pulling me back to reality.

Could I have some insight on what types of relationships I should look for?
Also, does anyone else feel like they are stuck in a blender with another personality type?

·
Registered
196 Posts
It would help a bit if you could answer the 20-question form in one of the stickies and post your answers here.

However, as I read your post, you do not seem like a sensor. You didn't use a single example, but described your way of acting in very general terms. And to me, you seem like an Ti/Fe-user, but I'm not completely sure about this. I suppose you chose INTP as your type to start with for a reason? Again, please answer those 20 questions. It will help a lot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took the test but I personally found the possible answers to be a bit too vague (Edit: I mean restrictive) for me to trust completely. I don't really like the idea of being one or the other.
I have taken the test before
I ended up with exactly 50% on Intro/Extroversion though that was probably because I wanted to get that result.
I also got 60% N. As I stated before, mostly theoretical but with a respect for statistics and the effort put into them.
I am got almost completely TJ and I agree with that.

Another interesting fact is how I like to act in social situations. I like to ACT stupid or ACT like a douche-bag with coated with HEAVY amounts of sarcasm and exaggerated expression. I also sometimes begin to categorize people in my head and make assumptions about them based off of past experiences while, at the same time, reminding myself that I could be completely wrong.

Edit: When it comes to examples I tend to use them in debating in order to back up my claims. I just felt like this wasn't so important that I needed to type one up. It also kind of sucks because there is no forum for me. The extreme INTP's are too introverted and the extreme ESTP's are too crazy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts