Registered
2,448 Posts
I'm an INTP and I'm stupid
I don't want to be stupid
I get really sad thinking that I'm stupid
I can't stand being stupid

what do I do?

ps: I'm really lazy so I can't really do anything

There are no stupid people in this world, just lazy people.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Define stupid. Then explain why you think you are stupid.
By stupid I actually mean average intelligence
I hate that I'm not particularly intelligent so my average intelligence is stupidity to me

And I think I'm stupid because I'm not good at thinking basically, I know that there are several other kinds of intelligence besides this one but I don't care much about the others.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
By stupid I actually mean average intelligence
I hate that I'm not particularly intelligent so my average intelligence is stupidity to me

And I think I'm stupid because I'm not good at thinking basically, I know that there are several other kinds of intelligence besides this one but I don't care much about the others.
I see. How do you spend your free time?

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
INTPs are so cold, I don't know what I was expecting/thinking
What did you expect? A bunch of "aww *insert something here*" heart warming ego boosting comments?
If by average intelligence you mean some kind of IQ number - then yeah, you are hopelessly stupid. A lot of the scientific work done is done by people with fairly average intelligence. Apply yourself, read, gather knowledge - the thinking comes with sufficient information input unless you're some kind of prodigy/genius but that is so rare it can be ignored for the current discussion.

Do you even know what you want to apply "thinking" to? Or do you just wish for everything that pops in your head be a golden idea that will reshape the world?

This thread is silly.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I thought we had a reputation for being cold emotionless bastards? :)

We are just blunt. Another type might hold your hand, quietly sympathize with you, pat your shoulder, tell you everything will be ok ... but not actually help you other than to reinforce the opinion.

We will tell you like it is, give you blunt advice, and then let you decide whether or not you are going to follow it. If not, it won't bother us much. WE aren't being rewarded or penalized by your decision, so we aren't inclined to become emotionally invested.

So yeah, cold bastards. But real ones.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
pretty much just watching tv shows

I'd love to read books and somehow train my mind but I'm usually tired because of school work so I'm never in the mood
I believe if you find the time to buy a book just once and then have that book around you, sooner or later you will be in the mood to read it and something will sparkle. Hopefully.

You may also want to consider videogames, which at least would keep your mind active instead of just shutting it down to passively watch a tv show.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I thought we had a reputation for being cold emotionless bastards? :)

We are just blunt. Another type might hold your hand, quietly sympathize with you, pat your shoulder, tell you everything will be ok ... but not actually help you other than to reinforce the opinion.

We will tell you like it is, give you blunt advice, and then let you decide whether or not you are going to follow it. If not, it won't bother us much. WE aren't being rewarded or penalized by your decision, so we aren't inclined to become emotionally invested.

So yeah, cold bastards. But real ones.
yeah I get it, I'm the same way

there's no need to insult tough

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
INTPs are so cold, I don't know what I was expecting/thinking
This may sound very judgmental and me jumping to conclusions, but you sound a lot like an ISTP. Not because your intelligence is "average" according to you or anything, just your behaviour. Give the ISTP forum a look before typing yourself as an INTP. Just a suggestion.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts