Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that INTP's chameleon capability or flexibility is sometimes exploited by other types. This is done by viewing the INTP as somehow weak by not having a consistent personality being projected forward, and utilizing the simplistic Fe that lurks.

It's as if some types view INTPs as a useful container that they can fill up with their own weaknesses by projecting onto them as they're so malleable and often impartial and probably won't react to this infiltration too much.

INTP experimentation, is it rampant? Have you been experimented on?

What personality types have experimented on you?

·
Banned
1,798 Posts
Ooooooh yea, this is a spot on analysis of the weakness of chameleoning. Chameleoning is based off inferior Fe and thin boundaries, this is how INTP gains the power of other people. But the downside to this ability is when other people project their insecurities and weaknesses upon INTP because hey, its a burden off of their shoulder, let someone else carry the emotional load. They aren't consciously doing it though, it just comes with the dynamic of being around a chameleon. The INFJ(s) I know exploit this pretty easily once they realize the weak Fe, and I can't defend myself because I am in chameleon mode. The shit I let INFJ get away with....grrrrr...you bitch....I love you <- inferior Fe statement.

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The INFJ(s) I know exploit this pretty easily once they realize the weak Fe, and I can't defend myself because I am in chameleon mode. The shit I let INFJ get away with....grrrrr...you bitch....I love you <- inferior Fe statement.
I was going to comment on INFJs, but since I'm currently doing an extensive INFJ dumpster diving exploration, thought it would be too biased.

Since when is "...grrrrr...you bitch....I love you" an inferior Fe statement. Damn. :crying:

·
Registered
9,461 Posts
Are you saying that you chameleon all the aspects not just select ones?

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Uhh I don't think lizards can be classified by MBTI. I don't think there's such a thing as INTP chameleon.
That is clearly just not true. The INTP Chameleon:

Are you saying that you chameleon all the aspects not just select ones?
If you're asking whether I chameleon all functions, I'd say yes. Some more elegantly than others.

Reactions: Conclusion

·
Registered
868 Posts
Yes. Now I have a consistent personality of hate, with which to defend myself.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
I think that INTP's chameleon capability or flexibility is sometimes exploited by other types. This is done by viewing the INTP as somehow weak by not having a consistent personality being projected forward, and utilizing the simplistic Fe that lurks.
I don't know if I'd say weak, although maybe that it is how it is viewed. I think of it as higher tolerance for bullshit. Perhaps even a cynicism towards humanity that has been internally rationalized. I don't expect that much out of people, so if you demonstrate yourself to be a complete waste of cellular mass maybe I don't outwardly display the outrage that many other people might. Then again, that only applies to people who have managed to get close enough that I care.

If I don't care, then you shall be summarily dismissed.

It's as if some types view INTPs as a useful container that they can fill up with their own weaknesses by projecting onto them as they're so malleable and often impartial and probably won't react to this infiltration too much.
Yes, in my experience it's like an experiment. "Oh, you're numb there? How about there? There? What if I slice you with my scalpel here? Do you feel anything yet?"

Just because I have a higher pain tolerance doesn't give you the right to hurt me more.

I have been thinking about this quite a bit lately. Why, when given an inch, do many take that mile? What is the satisfaction in that? Are people not satisfied until they have extracted blood from the stone?

INTP experimentation, is it rampant?
I might not have said so previously, but over the last several years it has become obvious to me that people feel so: "React to me or I will make you pay."

Oh shit, did I just Fe all over an INTP sub-forum? I apologize for nothing!

What personality types have experimented on you?
Shh! It's a secret!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Ooooooh yea, this is a spot on analysis of the weakness of chameleoning. Chameleoning is based off inferior Fe and thin boundaries, this is how INTP gains the power of other people. But the downside to this ability is when other people project their insecurities and weaknesses upon INTP because hey, its a burden off of their shoulder, let someone else carry the emotional load. They aren't consciously doing it though, it just comes with the dynamic of being around a chameleon. The INFJ(s) I know exploit this pretty easily once they realize the weak Fe, and I can't defend myself because I am in chameleon mode. The shit I let INFJ get away with....grrrrr...you bitch....I love youWat i cant relate, can you please give me an example??Damn i hate this kind of weakness how do you guys overcome this?.

·
Banned
2,616 Posts
I had an ENFJ try to butt probe me. It's a good thing I saw his intentions, fucking sociopath.

I really dislike ENFJ's.

Reactions: Phantomhive

·
Banned
1,798 Posts
Ooooooh yea, this is a spot on analysis of the weakness of chameleoning. Chameleoning is based off inferior Fe and thin boundaries, this is how INTP gains the power of other people. But the downside to this ability is when other people project their insecurities and weaknesses upon INTP because hey, its a burden off of their shoulder, let someone else carry the emotional load. They aren't consciously doing it though, it just comes with the dynamic of being around a chameleon. The INFJ(s) I know exploit this pretty easily once they realize the weak Fe, and I can't defend myself because I am in chameleon mode. The shit I let INFJ get away with....grrrrr...you bitch....I love youWat i cant relate, can you please give me an example??Damn i hate this kind of weakness how do you guys overcome this?.
cant really think of an specific example now but with INFJs their power of suggestibility is very very strong and versus weak Fe your ganna end up doing shit your uncomfortable with or have second thoughts afterwords, its the mind control

1 - 12 of 12 Posts