Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for a long time I had mistyped myself as an infp after taking a free test and then reading about the type briefly. However, after learning about the different cognitive functions, I learned that I most definitely don’t use Fi, which is infps dominant function. After learning about the different functions, I have placed myself in intp, and that’s as accurate as I have gotten. Seeing intps stereotypes inevitably led to some doubts, since I am not a stereotypical intp. I’m not naturally good at maths or science, in fact math is very difficult for me. I just realized that I’m totally forgetting my point and I don’t feel like re typing anything so enjoy my life story. Ok so the point: intp developed fe.
One of the things that made me doubt my “intp-ness” was the fact that I am more emotionally aware of both myself and those around me. The skepticism wasn’t based around stereotypes of intps emotionless-ness, but rather on the fact that fe is the inferior function. I decided to look into it more, and stumbled across something someone had wrote about how they were an N, but since their family members were mostly S’s, their sensation was more developed. That got me into thinking about how my mom is a dominant Fe user(esfj) and the fact that we have a close relationship, and so I’ve concluded that my Fe has been influenced by my mother.
Tl;dr my Fe has been more develovped since my mom is a dominant fe user to put this in the simplest of terms.
I was just wondering if there are any other intps with a well developed fe as well !!

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Have you thought ENTP maybe? ENTPs are quite reserved compared to other extroverts.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
One of the things that made me doubt my “intp-ness” was the fact that I am more emotionally aware of both myself and those around me.
What specifically do you pick up on, that makes you more emotionally aware?

·
Registered
8 Posts
You are not alone with the not being into Math thing (though I like science)

When I was in school I have average math scores. It's not that I can't understand the principles on how to do things but I am very very careless so even though I know how to solve the problem I end up with a wrong answer because of a simple mistake like putting the decimal on the wrong place or something.
I am also very emotionally aware of myself and others. I think INTPs are not that emotionless as they say, I feel like we are AWARE of our emotions or others emotion as we are observers and we spot patterns so we can recognize if someone is mad or offended or whatever. It's just that when we feel emotions we don't (usually) dwell on it, we look for the reason "why" we are feeling that way, if we can find a solution to change it or improve our situation. And we don't apply our emotions with our decisions as I (we) feel that they are separate thing.

At least that's what happens to me, like my coworkers usually think I don't care (though most of the time I really don't care) or I don't feel anything but I always do it's just that on the process of analyzing my emotion I get so caught up with the process that I will end up forgetting that I was feeling that way a while ago.
And I also think if I will show them that I feel annoyed or nervous will it help me with what I want to achieve? so even though I feel something, I don't let it show if it will cause me trouble.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Being aware of other people's needs and one's own is a skill that can be learned. Math can also be learned (it's literally just glorified, counting, addition and subtraction). Extraverted Feeling from what I understand is a mode of thinking, which makes it naturally harder determine its usage. How do you know if you are thinking (strongly) with Fe over/or Ti, assuming that you are still a Ti dom? See how this is different?

You need to differentiate skills from cognitive functions. Anyone can be emotional (externally), feel emotionally invested/connected (internally), empathic, sympathic etc. The difference lies in the reasoning - hence the term "cognitive".

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would if I weren’t so incredibly introverted(this is in response to the entp suggestion forgot to quote it

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What specifically do you pick up on, that makes you more emotionally aware?
I’m not sure how to explain it exactly but I guess it would be that I’m more sensitive to others sensitivities and not as blunt as I’d like to be to avoid hurting peoples feelings. So not insensitive I guess and so I guess in reading up on the type and seeing that they tend to be more insensitive made me rethink

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Being aware of other people's needs and one's own is a skill that can be learned. Math can also be learned (it's literally just glorified, counting, addition and subtraction). Extraverted Feeling from what I understand is a mode of thinking, which makes it naturally harder determine its usage. How do you know if you are thinking (strongly) with Fe over/or Ti, assuming that you are still a Ti dom? See how this is different?

You need to differentiate skills from cognitive functions. Anyone can be emotional (externally), feel emotionally invested/connected (internally), empathic, sympathic etc. The difference lies in the reasoning - hence the term "cognitive".
It’s not that I think that I am thinking with fe over ti. The point was more that I’ve learned to use that function more effectively? If that’s how it works I’m still not positive I need to research it more.
For the last bit that explains a lot and that helps me. Thank you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts