Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
iNtp sp/sx x84
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sure, it's just a blatant rip off of the post for the dames.

But I've known my fair share of intp fellas and even those without the swish have left me wondering just how much manscaping, styling and accessorizing can they be doing to take this long to get ready...

so what about you lads?

Are you more the type to dress for your stress/success/to look your best or a bit more relaxed and carefree (this smells clean), occasionally questioning why people are handing you change or half eaten sandwiches?

Are you concerned about your appearance?

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
I do
Some days I'm too lazy to shave or just throw anything on, but I like to dress nice when it matters. Although the nicer the clothes the less comfortable they tend to be

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
work days, I wear khaki's, plain colored shirt, a fleece vest, and boots. This carries me from Fall through Spring. Summer, I just wear khakis and a polo.

weekends, I wear carpenter jeans, a plain colored shirt and sneakers. seldom do I wear anything with graphics or drawings.

I do not own a suit. I recycle the dress pants, dress shirts, and ties from high school should i need to go to interviews and stuffs.

Although my sense of 'style' does needs an overhaul, but i'm hoping to meet a special someone to properly give me a makeover rather than me go out and pour $$$ into a style I may not like but have to live with.

Shaving is a must. I can't go into day 2 with a scruff.

Hair-do, every two months, i get a crew cut to get the fresh spikey look. as hair gets longer I just come hair to the left or right, apply gel until sideburns get too long.... and i dont like sideburns...

I don't wear a watch. I have a cellphone and an ipod on me at all times... rather defeats the purpose. No necklace, no other accessories, no tattoos, no piercings.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Often I need a hair cut, or to shave.

I hate shopping for clothes, I get the most I can out of a wardrobe before replacing shit.
Wear jeans all the time, and random shirts. The plainer the better.
I have slightly rounded shoulders so shirts/t-shirts tend to look shit on me.

Have one pair of shoes I use until they’re falling apart, and then I replace them. The cycle continues.

Invariably, I look like a hobo.

Example http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/5496_207958575251_549090251_7729326_4384877_n.jpg

·
Registered
268 Posts
Often I need a hair cut, or to shave.

I hate shopping for clothes, I get the most I can out of a wardrobe before replacing shit.
Wear jeans all the time, and random shirts. The plainer the better.
I have slightly rounded shoulders so shirts/t-shirts tend to look shit on me.

Have one pair of shoes I use until they’re falling apart, and then I replace them. The cycle continues.

Invariably, I look like a hobo.

Example http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/5496_207958575251_549090251_7729326_4384877_n.jpg
Thumbs up!

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
In terms of dressing, if I have to be in my car by 7:40 am, I set my alarm for 7:20am and I start thinking about how I should look for the day at 7:36am. I wear the lower end of appropriate dress.

I'm pretty much the definition of average looking physically.

·
Registered
268 Posts
In terms of dressing, if I have to be in my car by 7:40 am, I set my alarm for 7:20am and I start thinking about how I should look for the day at 7:36am. I wear the lower end of appropriate dress.

I'm pretty much the definition of average looking physically.
I do the same....have to leave for class @ 7:10? 6:55 alarm. I don't think I'll ever understand how people need to wake up 2 hours in advance to prep for something...well..I understand...I just wouldn't do it, not on an average day.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
I do the same....have to leave for class @ 7:10? 6:55 alarm. I don't think I'll ever understand how people need to wake up 2 hours in advance to prep for something...well..I understand...I just wouldn't do it, not on an average day.
I had a buzz cut from age 19 until last year. I could pretty much jab my alarm clock off before the 3rd beep, cram in some banana bread while going out the door and be ready to roll in 5 minutes. Loved that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
usually i don't care. and if i do, i go for a 'i dont care' look.

i noticed that i care more if i go out with other people. This is mostly because i don't want that they have to be embarrassed of me.

On a normal day i just wear jeans (shorts in the summer) and a t-shirt, on a special day i replace the t-shirt with a polo-shirt.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Tshirt and jeans guy (even when teaching, if I can get away with it). But it's worse than that - I really have *no* idea how I look. I've got no concept of male beauty, so when I look in the mirror I just see a face. I would really like a woman to tell me what they think about how various guys look, so I'd have a better basis for judgment.

·
Registered
729 Posts
work days, I wear khaki's, plain colored shirt, a fleece vest, and boots. This carries me from Fall through Spring. Summer, I just wear khakis and a polo.
Sounds exactly like this guy I've been seeing around campus lately... wonder if he's an INTP too?

Reactions: qingdom

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
Sounds exactly like this guy I've been seeing around campus lately... wonder if he's an INTP too?
Rare pokemon sighted. You'll need the special MBTI pokeball to capture him. Hurry.. before he runs off. Be careful not to let him escape.

*"INTP! I CHOOSE YOU!" "::lazy mode: activated::"*

·
Registered
INTP Female
26,829 Posts
I don't really do much with my appearance. If my hair isn't too short for it, I'll wet it down in the morning, but that's pretty much it. I shave every so often (my facial hair doesn't grow that much, so I don't need to shave every day). I usually wear the same t-shirt for a few days, and the same trousers/pants (depending on what you call them) for a few weeks. Socks get changed every few days, and underpants every day. I don't use deodorant or aftershave, although I don't tend to smell too bad anyway. I mostly wear t-shirts, black or dark blue tracksuit bottoms/sweatpants/jogging bottoms and my trainers/sneakers.

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
Tshirt and jeans guy (even when teaching, if I can get away with it). But it's worse than that - I really have *no* idea how I look. I've got no concept of male beauty, so when I look in the mirror I just see a face. I would really like a woman to tell me what they think about how various guys look, so I'd have a better basis for judgment.

Be glad you're not one of those absent-minded college professors who are bald and have long beards. I can understand they're classified as such, but do they NEED to stereotype themselves as such... brilliant minds, nonetheless... but they look like santa claus than clones or drones... even that's not saying much that it's a good thing either.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Rare pokemon sighted. You'll need the special MBTI pokeball to capture him. Hurry.. before he runs off. Be careful not to let him escape.

*"INTP! I CHOOSE YOU!" "::lazy mode: activated::"*
Lol... almost missed that last part xP

I was planning to talk to him by commenting on his shirt or something but then ... I blanked and didn't bother.
Does that joke about killing kittens even work? That's my plan B ... for my own amusement, if not for his.

Reactions: Nyang

·
Banned
5,669 Posts
It's hard to calibrate my 1 and 10 on a sliding scale. I think with men, looks follow a Gaussian distribution, so you have a mean and most men cluster around the mean with a few extremely good looking and ugly outliers. Women are more bimodally distributed, so you've got half that I'd consider solidly good looking and the other half are just not. But maybe men feel differently...

Brad Pitt is fugly, IMO. Most beefcakey dudes are not attractive to me.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
Lol... almost missed that last part xP

I was planning to talk to him by commenting on his shirt or something but then ... I blanked and didn't bother.
Does that joke about killing kittens even work? That's my plan B ... for my own amusement, if not for his.
The joke about killing kittens would probably work, but it would be even better if you smothered one with a pillow right in front of him. He'd probably make the heart signal with both hands and point at himself and then you.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts