Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys! I'm a newbie here. I've been learning about this whole MBTI thing for quite a long time now but still don't know what my type is. Hope you can help me a bit and thank you for devoting your time to read and think about my post!

Okay so I'm pretty sure about the Ti and Ne, they're both very strong. Not sure which is dominant.
I know I know I've read a lot of questions that should help me realizing what I use first/second but I just DON'T know. :bored:

Si - I've got a good memory for studying but I'm always forgetting things and can't find them and I'm not much aware of "where" my body is. I've got misophony and I wonder if it could have something to do with the inferior Si. I've read a thread about the inferior S and I could relate to a lot of things (not aware of my physical needs, forgetting things, procrastination, and sudden room cleaning in a stress situation instead of solving the problem haha). I could relate myself to some of the F inferior things too but not that obviously.
---
Okay and now the Fe and E/I part.
I was raised by my INFP really insecure mother.
It's been just a few months that I realized this might be a great thing to my personality forming. She was feeling a lot, she was like a little hurt animal, just suffering and not thinking much. There was a huge lack of healthy self-confidence in her. She was obsessed with me not making any troubles and I was sensitive and trusty enough to be like the most kind and obedient child ever. I remember I was like 5 y/o and I burped at the table. There was her friend sitting too and she went really mad at me because I cut a bad figure. I couldn't do anything expressive in front of other people. Be harmless or they won't like you.

At school, I was the smartest kid and didn't really get the other kids. I wanted to have a lot of friends so bad but I wasn't able to come to them and say just heyy.

So I'm just wondering, was it the Fe/Fi my mom over developed in me (that stopped me from developing my naturally stronger functions?)

I'm 20 now and most of these people problems are gone, I've become healthy assertive in the past years and the Feeling got much lower.

Looking like an introvert, I still LOVE being around people. I love crowds, I don't mind overcrowded places, and I love having someone in the same room even if we don't talk. I love them conceptually. But usually I just don't know what to talk about when I meet someone new or different. Sometimes I stay quiet for the whole time, just because I don't have nothing to share. :roll eyes: On the other hand, when I come back home after meeting my friend or being at work, I'm like super energized. I speak so loud and fast :rolling: I also read that Entps are more "happy" and Intps tend to be more pessimistic, I'm totally in the happy club. Friends often describe me as carefree and enthusiastic, the "okay let's do this!!" type. But I think you can relate most of these things to both I/Entps right.

Well I promise I'll experiment a on myself and my limits a lot to get to know more! Anyways I'll be glad for anything related that comes up to your mind. Have a great dayyyyy! :hearteyes:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hey amigo welcome aboard! Something I notice from the real life INTP's I know and the ENTP's I know are that they are both very reserved types.
When I think of INTP, I think--
Mad/disorganized genius.
One of the nicer T types, but can be blunt as hell when necessary.
Very, very, reserved--but by choice. Not exactly shy. And when you are their friend, they become the loudest person in the room.
Very intelligent.
Witty.
Typically has arms crossed and a straight face, and when you talk to them, they maintain that straight face. Definitely not one to fake their emotions.
When in love, will be shockingly sentimental.
Passionate people, but generally careless as to politics and what not. Mainly has a "let's just all get along" type of mentality.
Hilarious, deadpan humor style.
Will let their intelligence take the wheel in most situations, and unfortunately because of this, don't truly work themselves to their true potential.
Hater of all things superficial. Will not make any effort to have a fake/polite conversation with someone next to them.
Unlike INFP who has a very soft, slightly anxious facial expression, INTP has a tough facial expression that says, "I know what the f*** I'm doing".

ENTP--
Pretty reserved as well, but when they talk-- they TALK.
Have a natural charm.
The warmest/nicest of all T types. (IMO and in personal experiences)
Talk a LOT with their hands.
Very witty, very clever.
Have that mad genius persona too, but unlike INTP-- they are a bit more likely to fit in. INTP is one of the types that is a bit of a lone wolf (which is SO sexy to me ;) )
ENTP appears to be "like everybody else", and can possibly fool you as initially being superficial, and social-- but then they completely shock you and speak very profoundly.
Very enthusiastic, inspirational individuals. Talk to them for 10 minutes, and you'll feel capable of making a difference.
Unlike INTP, ENTP always has an amused expression, a smile on their face-- so when they drop a blunt comment out of nowhere it kind of shocks you.
Preeeeettty lazy people (in general), but luckily they're highly intelligent.
Very deep, and have a wonderful way with words.
Humor style is a bit less deadpan that INTP, a bit more exaggerated.

TL;DR- INTP is an intelligent, very reserved, very quiet, witty, funny, analytical individual. Have a general apathy toward most things (unless they're passionate about it, which then they will be the best at it). A bit temperamental on the downside, and definitely not one to fake interest in a subject. If they don't care about something-- you'll know. The problem solver. Also, can be like an "encyclopedia came to life". VERY knowledgeable. However, they are always the type to get "fucked over". They are just as intelligent and witty as ENTP, but ENTP is definitely let more into the loop, gets away with shit. Lone wolf, but is very comfortable in their skin, and make even more meaningful relationships than ENTP. They are the type to secretly run a meme account on twitter with 500k followers. SO fucking funny. The ultimate "mad-genius" type.

ENTP-- is a witty, charming, intelligent individual who appears to be "normal" but is secretly a genius. They have a chameleon personality and adapt well to their friends-- but tend to be one of the most deep/most intelligent people in the room. Quiet when not talked to, doesn't initiate conversation much, but when talked to, will be very boisterous. Always interested in what somebody has to say, even if they're against it. Has no problem debating, but keeps everything light. Hilarious, cynical people who love to make people laugh and have a good time-- but make them think too! The person who sleeps in class, but when the teacher calls on them and expects them to give the wrong answer because they weren't paying attention, they will wake up and say an even better answer. The ultimate entertainer type, IMO. The host.

Decide which of those you resonate more with, and read up on the types.
To me, you strike me more as ENTP, as ENTP can fool people into thinking their an introvert. Generally will not talk unless talked to. Again, this can be different for anybody, as some ENTP's can be 49% I and 51% E and some can be 100% E. I'm just talking about the general ENTP, the ENTP's I know.

Bon Voyage, I hope you discover your type! Regardless, you seem damn interesting to me :)

·
Registered
303 Posts
Wait, actually, I take back the final answer of ENTP-- lemme ask you this question before I give my final answer-- Are you the type of person who leads, or are you the type of person to sit back and create the plan? ENTP is more likely to lead, and to offer ideas, whereas INTP will (generally) sit back with their arms crossed but will chime in an opinion here and there. Are you good with groups? Are you the type of person who is a bit politically incorrect? if so, do you fully let that be known, or is that just your humor style and something you keep to yourself? And are you a bit shameless? Or are you the person who watches the shameless person and laughs, telling everyone to loosen up a bit? Answer these and I'll give you my full opinion!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
...when I come back home after meeting my friend or being at work, I'm like super energized.
I believe this ^ by definition makes you an extrovert. Introverts are drained after social interaction and need time alone to recharge.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
@xTheCaramelQueenx Heyyy thank you! :ghost3:

Well it's kinda difficult, I can relate to both. I'm really warm towards people. I'd say my Fe is veeeery developed as I explained above.
Also I like dressing well and looking well but I don't know many xNTPs in my life so maybe it's common for the nts, too. I used to do a lot of artistic stuff like painting and photography. So for a long time, I was also confused about the F/T.
But to admit another Intp thing, having right in an argument is kinda important for me, I don't like having arguments on things I don't understand well.

I don't know if you got me well but I was very innerly insecure, quiet and reserved for the most of my life. It's been just the last years that I've been starting opening myself more and more and it feels so good that I'm even asking if I might be an extrovert actually.
tl;dr I never felt good being so quiet but I haven't tried the real opposite yet :D

Thank youuu!!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Ok, forgive my change of opinion but now my vote is for INTP! INTP's definitely have the "hermit" trait, but as I said before, when you knock on their shell, they open up and shock you with their confidence. A very reserved type, but not exactly quiet! And the "having" right in an argument is VERY INTP of you :) As I said, they are the "encyclopedia came to life" type, so a lack of knowledge on a subject is definitely one of INTP's biggest fears. To me, INTP is the sexiest of all types, so go you! :) 2 of my closest friends are INTP, and they are some of the coolest motherf***ers I know. They tend to get screwed over in the short term, but in the long term, they always win at the top of the food chain. One of my absolute favourite types. Devilish, yet so charming.

Again, read up on INTP and the cognitive functions that go with it as well. Look up examples of INTP's and see if you relate to them generally.
But forgive me for my last typing, my vote is for sure on INTP now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@xTheCaramelQueenx

Haha :D Thank you again! Okay let's say I'm an INTP for now :D
But I'm still not sure haha. The Ti/Ne dominancy thing needs to be more explored. If there weren't of the Si inferior thing and the buzzing energy after meeting people, I wouldn't play with the idea of being an E. I just feel like I'm more open to the world than the introverts I know, I'm all like aaaah I love the world, I love you all, let's do this. But it's just conceptually, my feelings, not that I am very social.

It all just depends on the situation in the arguments, but yeah it's the truth that I usually seek for. I tend to be quite practical and I avoid discussing things like "would a zombie win against three gorillas" as there's no connection to real life.

Oh back to the Si, I'm pretty bad at recognizing faces. I saw a strange girl once and thought it was my best friend until she was close :DSo yeah it's my everyday life that I see people and I'm not sure if I know them. I tend to look at them so long but I still can't tell lol .D But I'm getting better at it.

well I'll try to learn more about the Ti, Ne and Si, hopefully it'll help me too! Thanks The Caramel Queen! (I thought it's Camel until now haha)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts