Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time I visit an INTP forum, it always talks about how INTPs are not in tune with their feelings and robots. And, for me it's not like that. I don't try to suppress my emotions or see them as anomalies. So, I drew a picture of how I see my emotions. Tell me what you think, whether you agree or disagree, or am I not robot enough to be INTP?
Facial expression Text Cartoon Line Nose
After spending time thinking about how I'm feeling, I can understand what I'm feeling but I have a hard time expressing it to others and sometimes I just feel like I shouldn't and I don't want to share my feelings.

·
Warden-Commander
24,113 Posts
I'm partially connected to the outside world. It's like a cheap internet connection. Sometimes it disappears and sometimes it's oddly fast.

But when it comes to emotions, they are few and relatively weak. I get overwhelmed very rarely, if ever.

Reactions: lovachic

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found this on tumblr.

inferior Fe wants to express the emotions but can’t, usually due to social or self-imposed constraints or environmental emotional conditioning. it wants to understand the emotions and needs to express them in a certain form, even if that form is intense, solitary self-reflection.
In case anybody wants to look at the blog, here is the link to the post.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I used to feel intense emotions, had so much empathy I couldn't even handle it. When it got too much I begun shutting them off instead of dealing with them, which made me robot-like for a while. I'm currently trying to get them back, and I'm slowly starting to feel things again. The picture you made is somewhat accurate to me, just that in my case there would be a locked door to my emotions with a giant bookshelf blocking that door. Right now, I'm trying to move that bookshelf.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I used to feel intense emotions, had so much empathy I couldn't even handle it.
I've never felt empathy to such an extreme but sometimes when I hear about someone having a freak accident or in a difficult helpless situation, I empathize to the point where I picture myself in their shoes. When I heard about the girl who was locked in a room for 13 years (Genie), it ruined my day completely and eventually, I started to cry. On the other hand, I'm not very good with sympathy.

And, good luck :happy:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Yeah. I think we feel emotions just as intensely as others. We just don't understand them very well, so we don't get as caught up in it. For example, I can feel bad and not no why until I write 2 paragraphs and 4 poems about it. When other types may feel bad and know exactly why. Because of this it's very easy to ignore our feelings - giving us that "robot" exterior that some feel we have.

·
Banned
802 Posts
Yeah I feel this movie very much:p

My feelings exist beyond the syntax of natural language.
This! And if T meant having no emotions then F people would have been nothing but feelings. Now I actually start thinking if this stereotype wouldn't make them crying/laughing vegetables:p

I used to feel intense emotions, had so much empathy I couldn't even handle it. When it got too much I begun shutting them off instead of dealing with them, which made me robot-like for a while.
I think this is why we seem heartless. I go into the robot mode when I have to much on my plate. I just have to deal with the inside, can't look like a happy bunny on the outside. Don't expect me to act convincingly when I'm just a human being. Too much...

Reactions: akiyama

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah. I think we feel emotions just as intensely as others. We just don't understand them very well, so we don't get as caught up in it. For example, I can feel bad and not no why until I write 2 paragraphs and 4 poems about it. When other types may feel bad and know exactly why. Because of this it's very easy to ignore our feelings - giving us that "robot" exterior that some feel we have.
As said so many times. It's about possession and value.

We have emotions.

We don't value emotions as a good basis for decisions and opinions.
Very accurate :happy:

·
Registered
745 Posts
We get the reputation as being unfeeling robots because few people are privileged (cursed?) to see them. We deal in the currency of logic that most cannot comprehend. We don't display our feelings for mass public consumption.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Sort of like how others have stated, it's not that we don't feel emotions or even feel them as intensely as others, we're just not victims of emotions. When I feel an especially intense emotion, I seek to understand it, rather than let it just wash over me and control me. That can sometimes be interpreted as coldness or lack of empathy by observers.

It's one of the many frustrations of modern society, being demonized and seen as irregular because I'm not a weak willed slave of my emotions and prefer logic. The world would be a better place if more people prefaced their opinions with "I think..." rather than "I feel..."

1 - 20 of 38 Posts