Personality Cafe banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
I'm a INTP that really keep much to myself, but when I find one I trust I can tell them everything really. However I always get struck by the problem that they don't really understand how I'm thinking, and how I see life and stuff like that. I really get annoyed that they don't see that, and I feel like I can't bound to people that have other personalities. I really feel sad about that, and I don't really know how to solve this problem. The person I have been talking about is not a judging person, but she is nothing like me either and would like to understand. We are very good friends, but still I don't think she understand it really, even though how much I tell her. Anyone else have problems with this or do anyone have any solutions? :th_sur:

Plz respond <3

·
Registered
95 Posts
I can relate. I don't have many things in common with people. Sometimes when I try to give my opinion or make a joke, I speak in abstractions and end up confusing those listening. I think it's hard for us (INTPs) to articulate what exactly we think about.

Don't know if this would be weird, but you said you're very good friends, so if it concerns you that much, why don't you talk to her about it and ask?

·
Banned
1,428 Posts
N0rB3tz said:
The person I have been talking about is not a judging person, but she is nothing like me either and would like to understand. We are very good friends, but still I don't think she understand it really, even though how much I tell her.

What's the problem?

1. Write 100 pages to explain your side and she can do the same.
  2. If these 2 x 100 pages are insufficient ask MBTI translators of the target types for a translation.
  3. If you are too lazy for that copy 100 pages from the internet about the world view of each of the two types.
  4. If you are too lazy for that copy 50 pages.
And if you are too lazy to copy 50 pages? Well, then the problem is called laziness.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can relate. I don't have many things in common with people. Sometimes when I try to give my opinion or make a joke, I speak in abstractions and end up confusing those listening. I think it's hard for us (INTPs) to articulate what exactly we think about.
Yeah! Exactly! I have some bad friends too, that mock me (hard to be a boy with feelings tbh.), and often when I talk in abstract terms and try to deliver my message, they just tell me then I'm weird. Also, I don't quiet get the irony thing, haha .. When my friends are using irony, I really think of what they say as possible although its ment ironically. I'll ask "what, rly?" and they laugh about that. Not sure why one should make so much fuzz about it ..
I also am a very bad listener, and I often don't catch what people are saying just cuz I don't care.
Cartoon Text Humour Fictional character

Don't know if this would be weird, but you said you're very good friends, so if it concerns you that much, why don't you talk to her about it and ask?
It is weird! But not to me! I do that alot and try to explain my situation, but she's not that interested in my though (which is quiet normal though. Not blaming her.). She just tells me that "I understand. Aww you're cute :) <3<3" after I have tried to explain who I really am and how I work as an INTP. She doesn't understand shit, and that frustrates me, cuz I really want her to know. :(

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What's the problem?

1. Write 100 pages to explain your side and she can do the same.
  2. If these 2 x 100 pages are insufficient ask MBTI translators of the target types for a translation.
  3. If you are too lazy for that copy 100 pages from the internet about the world view of each of the two types.
  4. If you are too lazy for that copy 50 pages.
And if you are too lazy to copy 50 pages? Well, then the problem is called laziness.
No .. it's not that. I just don't feel to bore her to death with all my thoughts either, but I kind of need to tell her. I've been polite and asked alot wether it's annoying that I talk alot about this stuff, and she says it's fine, although I feel she's not that interested really. Could be because of personal issues, but I really believe she likes me and want everything good for me .. I guess she doesn't know how much it means to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts