Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this goes here since it has careers but if not feel free to tell me.

So, I turned 16 a few months ago which means I'm finally of legal age to get a job. I've been looking and applied for a few places ( 5 I think ) and it's been 1-2 weeks for them. I don't know many places to apply.
I've applied to:
1. Party City
2. (2) movie theater
3. An entertainment center nearby ( they have video games and mini golf and go karts )
4. Half-Price Books
and another I forget what it was.

And I'm having trouble finding where to apply since I'm not really a people person. I also don't have a good memory so I can't be a waiter, and I don't want to smell like food ( so no McDonalds or Burger King type things. )

Anyone have any suggestions ?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm a fellow INTP and worked in a pharmacy setting when I was 16. Started as a cashier there and worked my way up to technician.

I enjoyed it because it was always different and I was able to learn constantly.

Other recommendations, depending on your personal interests, are help desk clerk, secretary or phone call technicians. Look at being a secretary at places you may later enjoy working, you'll have that open door.

Whatever path you choose, do it well, you may need the employer's reference later down the road. Always give a two weeks notice. Be professional now and later you'll have more open doors.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts