Personality Cafe banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm friends with an INTP and I've found that most of our friendship is based on sort of mutually observing eachother. It's like we're both surprised and confused by the other's bizarre behavior but we're also both curious enough to stick around and try to puzzle the other out. It's like when a cat and an owl meet on civil terms and just sort of stare at eachother, sensing strange similarity and fundamental difference.

I'm wondering what other people's experiences are.

Reactions: EonsInTheNight

·
Registered
270 Posts
My best friend is an INTP, and I love her immensely--there are two people in my super inner circle and she makes up one half of it! She's also one of my oldest friends, and since I didn't (at least, knowingly?) know any other INFPs, she felt like a very similar peer. It's really easy for us to dissect a situation or topic for a while. I can have a lot of ideas and weird things I want to talk about and can tire out my sensor friends pretty quick with that type of stuff, but my INTP best friend and I are typically on the same page and can go on with each other for a while.

It's also a relatively easy-going and supportive relationship. We both are understanding of and relieved to not have to defend or fight against our introverted or perceiver tendencies that can get flack from other people. We also approach our personal growth around these issues differently, so can offer each other alternative approaches and insight. We understand each other's needs for more depth and less gossip. I'm never afraid to be vulnerable in front of her, because she takes these things at face value and is pretty non-judgmental, and I offer her something similar.

She's my clear-eyed, friend 'til I die.

·
I love my everything
10,949 Posts
I had a good INFP friend in class last year. We bonded over having mini food parties every class. :kitteh:
We appreciated each other's weirdness. We were clearly different people (Fi-Ti wise), but we were also alike enough through NeSi. It was interesting. I think our personalities complimented each other.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My best friend is an INTP and I can't imagine my life without her... we complement each other perfectly! We are able to have in depth discussions about anything and everything without judgement and can easily spend hours on end and not get sick of each other. It's great to have a friend who is so similar to me and yet also challenges my feeling tendencies as she is a strong thinker. When I struggle to stick up for myself she is much more able to do it for me and she is able to give me a more rational insight to my problems when I get too emotional.

Yay for INFP-INTP friendships! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts