Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The test I took at MBTI Complete says I'm a INFP. Other tests have said different things. They always say "I" so that much I'm pretty sure about. The test I took from the link at the sign up thing here said I was INTP, however for the Thinking section it listed 50% Thinking and 50% Feeling.

I'm honestly not sure what I would consider myself. For a lot of things I do try to be very logical. I've had a girlfriend break up with me once because I was always using logic on her. But I also believe I'm deal with feelings quite a bit too. When I talk to people I can feel what they are feeling, and I always try like crazy to help them.

I do enjoy doing things spontaneously unless it's something I'm not used to, in that case I like to know exactly what is going to happen and when. If I don't know then I can hardly sleep before it happens. I freak out about the unknown. I hate taking an airplane not because I don't like flying, I LOVE flying, it's just the fact that I never know what will happen at the airport, will I have to wait, will there be huge lines, will I get the right seat? Will the flight be delayed? Will I have a jerk sitting next to me?

That type of thinking is always going on in my mind. I also think a lot of what I should have done in certain situations after it's too late to do anything about them.

I also tend to sacrifice a lot in order to make others happy. When I go on work trips there is so much that is done that bothers me but normally I just go with it because I don't see the logic in making a big deal out of a lot of it and if it makes the rest of the group happy then that's a good thing.

Friends are always coming up to me with their issues, specially relationship issues. For some reason I can always give them very good advice but I can't seem to be able to put any of it to use in my own life. My relationship life has never been very good because I'm too closed and private. It takes a while for someone to get to a point with me where I feel comfortable enough to be more intimate and most women I've met don't seem to want the trouble.

I'd greatly appreciate any comments or guidance towards which personality type I really could be.

Thanks

·
Banned
53 Posts
The test I took at MBTI Complete says I'm a INFP. Other tests have said different things. They always say "I" so that much I'm pretty sure about. The test I took from the link at the sign up thing here said I was INTP, however for the Thinking section it listed 50% Thinking and 50% Feeling.

I'm honestly not sure what I would consider myself. For a lot of things I do try to be very logical. I've had a girlfriend break up with me once because I was always using logic on her. But I also believe I'm deal with feelings quite a bit too. When I talk to people I can feel what they are feeling, and I always try like crazy to help them.

I do enjoy doing things spontaneously unless it's something I'm not used to, in that case I like to know exactly what is going to happen and when. If I don't know then I can hardly sleep before it happens. I freak out about the unknown. I hate taking an airplane not because I don't like flying, I LOVE flying, it's just the fact that I never know what will happen at the airport, will I have to wait, will there be huge lines, will I get the right seat? Will the flight be delayed? Will I have a jerk sitting next to me?

That type of thinking is always going on in my mind. I also think a lot of what I should have done in certain situations after it's too late to do anything about them.

I also tend to sacrifice a lot in order to make others happy. When I go on work trips there is so much that is done that bothers me but normally I just go with it because I don't see the logic in making a big deal out of a lot of it and if it makes the rest of the group happy then that's a good thing.

Friends are always coming up to me with their issues, specially relationship issues. For some reason I can always give them very good advice but I can't seem to be able to put any of it to use in my own life. My relationship life has never been very good because I'm too closed and private. It takes a while for someone to get to a point with me where I feel comfortable enough to be more intimate and most women I've met don't seem to want the trouble.

I'd greatly appreciate any comments or guidance towards which personality type I really could be.

Thanks
You are INTP.

btw You sounds like a great person. Very welcome to PersonalityCafe!

·
MOTM August 2012
3,467 Posts
Probably neither INFP or INTP. You should definitely take a look at things from a cognitive function perspective (http://personalitycafe.com/cognitiv...iled-descriptions-each-function-attitude.html and http://personalitycafe.com/cognitive-functions/85534-functions-how-they-work.html) to help you out.

Suffice to say though that INTP and INFP do not share all the same functions, and more importantly each has the other's strength. So INTP leads with Thinking, INFP leads with Feeling. These are opposing methods of cognition, so if you prefer one, you will reject the other. A 50/50 T/F score, then would mean, that you do not lead with either Thinking or Feeling, but probably Intuition or Sensation in your case.

·
Banned
493 Posts
Probably neither INFP or INTP. You should definitely take a look at things from a cognitive function perspective (http://personalitycafe.com/cognitiv...iled-descriptions-each-function-attitude.html and http://personalitycafe.com/cognitive-functions/85534-functions-how-they-work.html) to help you out.

Suffice to say though that INTP and INFP do not share all the same functions, and more importantly each has the other's strength. So INTP leads with Thinking, INFP leads with Feeling. These are opposing methods of cognition, so if you prefer one, you will reject the other. A 50/50 T/F score, then would mean, that you do not lead with either Thinking or Feeling, but probably Intuition or Sensation in your case.
Interesting...

I'm in the same boat with @stuff.

So, what does, "...do not lead with either Thinking or Feeling, but probably Intuition or Sensation in your case," mean? That it's possible we're actually XSXXs...?

Oh, I know nothing about MBTI.

I'm a non-believer. Yet, I'm le curious.

·
MOTM August 2012
3,467 Posts
Well what makes type is distribution of your cognitive processes. Basic thought processes. Sensation, Thinking, Feeling, Intuition which then are applied in one of two directions: introversion (or self-referencing) and extraversion (referencing that which is outside of self). Each person has a combination of two introverted functions and two Extraverted functions, and which ever one you lead with (S,T,F,N) is considered your dominant function.

What happens is the functions are like cogs in a wheel. They are simply methods of filtering the myriad of information that you are exposed to. What your ego is trying to do is to use them as mechanisms for advancing it's goals (namely repression of your shadow or darker, raw, natural or animalistic tendencies). So the Ego does this through conceptualizing things as Sensation (what is), Intuition (basically a gut-feeling about what isn't there, what might be there, what the possibilities or implications could be), Thinking (what is it conceptually) and Feeling (what is its worth or value?).

Now what happens is we quickly begin to see that the processes are in opposition to one-another (which is why INxP doesn't really exist). Because the person, for example, who prefers Sensation (what is physically there) will have to then reject Intuition (what isn't there). You can't be evaluating both at the same time as a leading process or you'd be all out of sorts. You either perceive something at surface value or you don't. Same with thinking and Feeling. Feeling judges taking human consideration (raitonalizing of emotions) into account where Thinking seeks to remove the human equation and look at things from a purely conceptual standpoint (so the Feeling type might say to the cop "sorry officer for speeding but I have a emergency (this situation has requires me to break your obvously draconian traffic laws)." But the Thinking cop might respond "rules are rules, and I have to give you a ticket.") You see how the Thinking type disregards the human equation and only looks at things from a purely, conceptual standpoint (the law says) and rejects the more interpersonal dynamics.

This then becomes why its so problematic for a person to be an INxP. Because INTP's function order is Introverted Thinking (supported by Intuition and Sensation) and Feeling for the INTP then is the rejected process. The one that stands in direct opposition to the dominant Thinking perspective. But for INFPs, their top process is Introverted Feeling which is supported by Intuition and Sensation, but for the INFP, Thinking is the rejected process. So no hybrids here, if Thinking has been habituated as your dominant cognitive preference, then by extension that means you have also rejected Feeling (meaning it's repressed and unconscious, still affecting you, you're just not consciously aware of it).

So as Jung writes in Psychological Types, people who seem to have parity with two of the same type of functions (like say 50/50 T/F or 50/50 N/S) probably have not habituated either as a dominant preference, because there can only be one captain of the ship. And Captain Thinking is not going to allow Feeling much leeway (will likely try to kick Feeling off the boat).

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I either use thinking more or I try to convince myself that I do.

When my mother died last August going to the Funeral was really bothering me. I didn't want all these people coming and telling me how sorry they were. People kept saying how strong I was because I wasn't crying. I convinced myself that death is something that happens to us all. Even though my mother died in an accident, years ago I had decided that I needed to accept that one day it would happen.

I also remember saying how I didn't care what happened with the body since the body to me is nothing but an empty shell. But still when I was alone I couldn't help but cry. And even though I've said many times that I don't care for the body and that I don't understand why people must be taking flowers to the cemetery, I still now find myself wanting to go take flowers to the cemetery.

This February my 95 year old grandfather, my Teacher, inspiration, passed away. I did not cry, I couldn't understand the people that were crying, he was 95, I can not believe anyone would not be ready for this. I loved Grandpa, but. . . he was 95! On the contrary, I was glad that he was finally able to rest.

·
MOTM August 2012
3,467 Posts
Yea that sounds somewhat like a Thinking preference, maybe not dominant though. But it could also be an Introverted Feeling approach where you just don't express it and can't understand people who do.

But one of the things that distinguishes dominant Thinking types from dominant Feeling types is they will default to their primary perspective (Thinking or Feeling) to help them understand what is happening. So when you ask a Thinking type "how do you feel," they may say "I dunno let me think about." Conversely a Feeling type, when asked "what do you think" might not be able to articulate a conceptual or logical articulation, but can explain in great detail its emotional or evaluative weight. It's not simply the difference between being emotional or cold (because all types can have moments of both), its the motivation behind being emotional or cold.

Fi-dominants like INFPs sometimes get confused for Thinking types because the nature of Introverted Feeling is to evaluate from within. There's no need to express outwardly a Feeling judgment about something. "I know how I feel and it's none of your business," is sort of a Fi-typical response. The Extraverted Feeling type (and INTPs would fall into this category) it's more "I know how I feel and I'll make it your business," to paraphrase Marie Von Franz. So when Carl Jung described the types he makes note to point out that Introverted Feeling dominant types (INFP, ISFP) can appear murderously cold (his words not mine) to the point where an outsider might wonder if the person has any values or feelings at all (this comes out very clearly in the case of say a rigidly by-the-book ESTJ cop, for instance, whose Introverted Feeling is the repressed function, you often wonder does this guy have any kind of a heart). INTPs also being dominant Thinking types will tend to hold back their emotions until they rationalize them (thinking things through) but if they are overcome by them they do not have a developed enough Feeling function (since Extraverted Feeling is their repressed function) and so they can be overwhelmed by a flood of emotions too strong for them to control and rationalize and become hypersensitive (think of the normally nerdy and bookish Information Technology or maintenance guy who when he gets yelled at by a superior all of a sudden turns whiny and almost into a crybaby). With Extraverted Feeling, even in the inferior, there is always an outer impression of where the person is emotionally at the moment, but in Introverted Feeling types (because Fi is a completely internal process) you might never know what is going on.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for all your replies. Sadly I still don't really know what I'd consider myself to be. People at work are always telling me how super smart I am, although I don't believe I am very bright. I'm a huge tech geek, love my Galaxy Nexus phone and I carry both an Android tablet as well as an iPad. People are always asking me to figure out gadgets for them and most of the time even though they are things I've never used before I figure out how to use them. To me all that just comes so simply that I can't really understand how they can be so difficult for others. At work I'm a Business Process Analyst and apparently I do a good job at it although I don't think I do anything special.

I certainly have a lot to learn about this Personality world. Not only do I find it interesting to be able to learn a little bit more about myself and see that maybe I'm not so weird after all, the idea of finding others with similar personalities like me is quite pleasing. I can't say I've ever met someone quite like me before. Well I probably have but we were both probably too reserved to go talk to each other.

Online I do turn into a chatterbox and it's like I am a totally different person. I do wish I could be as friendly and talkative in person as I am online. For a long time I've wondered if I'm Autistic in some way.

·
MOTM August 2012
3,467 Posts
Thank you for all your replies. Sadly I still don't really know what I'd consider myself to be. People at work are always telling me how super smart I am, although I don't believe I am very bright. I'm a huge tech geek, love my Galaxy Nexus phone and I carry both an Android tablet as well as an iPad. People are always asking me to figure out gadgets for them and most of the time even though they are things I've never used before I figure out how to use them. To me all that just comes so simply that I can't really understand how they can be so difficult for others. At work I'm a Business Process Analyst and apparently I do a good job at it although I don't think I do anything special.

I certainly have a lot to learn about this Personality world. Not only do I find it interesting to be able to learn a little bit more about myself and see that maybe I'm not so weird after all, the idea of finding others with similar personalities like me is quite pleasing. I can't say I've ever met someone quite like me before. Well I probably have but we were both probably too reserved to go talk to each other.

Online I do turn into a chatterbox and it's like I am a totally different person. I do wish I could be as friendly and talkative in person as I am online. For a long time I've wondered if I'm Autistic in some way.
I think this is common to introverts who sort of live in their heads. They have a lot to say but since the world is the thing that, to them, threatens to swallow them up (for whatever reason) they are compelled not to expand on their thoughts until they feel safe or confident to do so. Some of this is related to socialization too and your persona (if you come from a family of introverts, for example, they may force you into a role that emphasizes being quiet and not making waves...my grandfather an ISTJ, was like this). All in all this sounds like you have a preference for Extraverted Feeling and Introverted Thinking (not convinced you lead with either) but my thought is that your preference is for Feeling since you seem to downplay your own thinking ("People at work are always telling me how super smart I am, although I don't believe I am very bright.") This is clearly taking other people's value judgments (Feeling) into the equation and downplaying your own thoughts on the matter.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I'm curious, does being an introvert and having a 50/50 preference for thinking and feeling really should be a red flag that the person is a IxxJ type? While the INTP type seems a good type for me, and I identify with the functions, the fact that my thinking preference is not a lot more stronger than my feeling one, as it should logically be, seems inconsistent with the type.
I not sure if i'm overestimating my feeling function, if I'm mistyped, or if I'm just overthinking this.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
@Finagle

You're probably way overestimating your feeling function - for the billionth time, feeling is not raw emotional experiences - it's a rational form of evaluative judgement used to handle emotions and personal values. If you underestimate how you feel about something to make decisions, then you are not borderline at all between feeling and thinking. Do you relate to having raw emotional outbursts in an out-of-control way when people try to appeal to your feelings? If so, then that's pretty much the hallmark of an inferior feeling type. High F types have sophisticated ways of processing their feelings and making them meaningful in their daily functioning - their feelings should govern a large bulk of their actions and views, basically.

Reactions: JoetheBull

·
MOTM August 2012
3,467 Posts
I'm curious, does being an introvert and having a 50/50 preference for thinking and feeling really should be a red flag that the person is a IxxJ type? While the INTP type seems a good type for me, and I identify with the functions, the fact that my thinking preference is not a lot more stronger than my feeling one, as it should logically be, seems inconsistent with the type.
I not sure if i'm overestimating my feeling function, if I'm mistyped, or if I'm just overthinking this.
Well you have to consider whether or not the test is accurately portraying Thinking and Feeling. Too often, poorly written MBTI tests equate intellect, knowledge, insight or thoughtfulness with Thinking (these are components of Thinking but not exclusive to Thinking) and emotions and sensitivities, artistic ability, orientation toward people with Feeling (and though these might be components of Feeling, they are not Feeling). Thinking and Feeling are ways of rationalization. Judgments. Feeling isn't the emotion, its what you do with the emotion. Its how you rationalize the emotion into good or bad. Thinking is how you rationalize conceptual information, not the information itself. So just because you are Feeling type doesn't mean you can't be intellectual, what it means is that your disposition toward thinking (in Fe types it would be thinking for yourself) will take a backseat to the more dominant Feeling evaluations. You can think of the Renaissance as an era of great Feeling, where the orientation was to the more aesthete, enlightened, humanistic sensibilities. It's from this era that words like excitement and boredom were born. Where there were developed great words to describe the nuance of human disposition. This is all the effect of Feeling. In depth evaluation.

You can think of today's society as a Thinking society where the emphasis is on conceptual, hypothetical, theoretical, empirical truth. Feeling in our current day is relegated to churches, art academies, the art community, Eastern religions, some forms of psychotherapy (but more often things like AA meetings and sit-ins and interventions), but is pushed out of our mainstream Thinking orientation. Things like art or music are considered impractical uses of time in today's Thinking oriented disposition. Is it any wonder then that our politics in this day an age (politics are highly evaluative, highly nuanced, and highly oriented to the esoteric, ideational, and potential) have become so cartoonishly simplistic in its expression. Everything is viewed in black and white platitudes with no shades of grey or nuance (certainly nothing rivaling the degree of Feeling expression written into the Bill of Rights or the very Feeling declaration that All Men are Created Equal).

This represents the difference between Thinking and Feeling on a societal level and why many people who say they are Feeling or Thinking types are often really neither or have extremely poor development of either or both. Because to be a dominant Thinker or Feeler is to exercise the utmost discernment. High functioning Thinking and Feeling are discerning not cartoonishly black and white (as you might believe after hanging around the INFP and INTP forums). The Thinking type takes his time to consider just as the Feeling type takes his time to make proper evaluations, not snap judgments or quick conclusions. These are the hallmarks of immaturity, and underdevelopment.

So to answer your question, Jung is pretty clear that when two functions of the same basic character (both judging, or both perception) are seemingly in relative parity then you probably do not lead with either. It's one thing for an INTP to have both strong Ti and Ne. But for an INTP to have both strong T and F is sort of like a person who sits on both the north and south poles at the same time.

This absolute sovereignty always belongs, empirically, to one function alone, and can belong only to one function, since the equally independent intervention of another function would necessarily yield a different orientation, which would at least partially contradict the first...
Essentially the captain of the ship must be one function, because if that process were shared by another function, it would (1) result in you being a different type fundamentally and (2) they would be contradictory.

Jung continues
For instance, feeling can never act as the second function by the side of thinking, because its nature stands in too strong a contrast to thinking. Thinking, if it is to be real thinking and true to its own principle, must scrupulously exclude feeling. This, of course, does not exclude the fact that individuals certainly exist in whom thinking and feeling stand upon the same level, whereby both have equal motive power in consciousness. But, in such a case, there is also no question of a differentiated type, but merely of a relatively undeveloped thinking and feeling. Uniform consciousness and unconsciousness of functions is, therefore, a distinguishing mark of a primitive mentality.
In other words because the superior or dominant function will be the most developed and highest functioning process, having parity with Thinking and Feeling (or sensation/intuition) indicates that these functions are largely unconscious meaning they are not developed and not your dominant function.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
I'm glad that @LiquidLight brought some good examples of high F-usage in history into the PerC limelight - it seems like people here are really reluctant to talk about F at its best for some reason (it's almost always people whining about how annoyingly "subjective" it is here - no wonder so many people are reluctant to type as F types, especially Fe types, who almost never seem to get positive attention for Fe characteristics here) - perhaps high quality F is just very suppressed these days in the more T-focused Western society? And of course, the internet promotes a ton of misunderstandings about both F functions, especially Fi, which almost everyone seems to think they have at first from what I've observed with people new to typology.

·
Registered
456 Posts
@JungyesMBTIno

Don't worry, I'm not confusing the feeling function with emotions (it's more about valuation, yadayada).
To take a concrete example, on those crappy online tests I simply can't choose between the thinking and feeling option. I have to choose the middle answer all the time. While not a good way to find my preference by itself, it's a good indicator that I don't perceive a preference in myself. It took me a lot of effort to understand I prefer thinking.

Now, to answer your question, I tend to react negatively to people who try to manipulate me with emotions/feeling.
I would probably react the same way if said person tried to manipulate me with bad logic... or manipulate me, period.
I'm would not have a raw emotional outburst though, I would just be irritated.

I have those outburst when I'm wrongly accused of something. For some reason, that really make me angry.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
@Finagle

The tests aren't very reliable, because everyone uses any function in any situation, and the questions are basically situation-dependent, not universal enough to gauge consistency in function usage. Lemme ask this: is it hard for you to know how you feel about something? Do you often have to think about it first?

Reactions: JoetheBull

·
Registered
456 Posts
@JungyesMBTIno

Good question.
Hum.... I don't know if i know how I feel about thing, thus I think I have to think about it first.
I often don't know if I like things, or if I'm convincing myself that I like them.
Does that make sense?

Edit: Thinking about it, I do have strong initial negative reaction to a lot of things... humm...

Edit2: More precisely, I'm trying to make sure my feeling is my inferior function, and not my third.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
After spending most of my weekend researching this I've come to the conclusion that I originally didn't really want to accept. I believe I am an INTP. I guess I didn't want to accept it very much because I had this view of an INTP being rather dry and arrogant and that's certainly not me.

Many times at work I've been called a Guru because I know a little about everything yet I never believe I know much about anything. I tell people I'm more a jack of all trades, I enjoy knowing a little about many things but I wouldn't say I master any of them. I am just happy learning all the basics and sometimes not so basic about things.

A lot of the descriptions I've found talk about how for an INTP certain ideas have to be his ideas and that is certainly me. For example, if I want to start going to the Gym but someone tells me "Hey you should start coming to the Gym with us" I am immediately against doing this because now they'll think I'm doing it because they said I should. Or a lot of times I plan on just doing something nice for someone but before I do it they ask me to do it, so then this bothers me inside because darn it I was going to do it to be nice, but now it became a thing I'm doing because I was asked to.

I never want to lead any projects, but I always have plenty of input on how the project should be ran. I don't get upset very easily but sometimes I do, however I never last very long upset, don't see the point in it. Specially with family, I always have this dream of keeping my family together and being upset at a sibling probably upsets me more than it does them.

I also get REALLY into things that I want to research, I'll easily spend hours looking into it, like right now I've been watching the TV Show Spartacus and that made me want to learn more about Spartacus so then I started looking up the info. Hours later I'm reading about Julius Caesar and his own rebellion. But I also tend to get bored easily once a certain level of knowledge is acquired.

I am also very good at explaining some more complex things in a way that most people can understand them, I write a lot of training documentation at work and people usually love it. However, I am also very much guilty of completely messing up something simple. For example, a family member just a few weeks ago asked me the simple question of "What tablet should I buy?". My email back to her was probably a few pages long. It included pictures of a few different ones that she may want to consider based on the use she is looking for and price. I also provided some basic specs of each and explanation of these specs. . . . Well she was more looking forward to me saying something like "Get the Amazon Kindle Fire".

I could be wrong on my decision but I certainly hope to keep learning more about this, but so far, I really like the idea that so many things that I used to think maybe I was just odd for, may just have a reason and I'm certainly not the only one who does them.

Thank You All!

·
Banned
39 Posts
After spending most of my weekend researching this I've come to the conclusion that I originally didn't really want to accept. I believe I am an INTP. I guess I didn't want to accept it very much because I had this view of an INTP being rather dry and arrogant and that's certainly not me.

Many times at work I've been called a Guru because I know a little about everything yet I never believe I know much about anything. I tell people I'm more a jack of all trades, I enjoy knowing a little about many things but I wouldn't say I master any of them. I am just happy learning all the basics and sometimes not so basic about things.

A lot of the descriptions I've found talk about how for an INTP certain ideas have to be his ideas and that is certainly me. For example, if I want to start going to the Gym but someone tells me "Hey you should start coming to the Gym with us" I am immediately against doing this because now they'll think I'm doing it because they said I should. Or a lot of times I plan on just doing something nice for someone but before I do it they ask me to do it, so then this bothers me inside because darn it I was going to do it to be nice, but now it became a thing I'm doing because I was asked to.

I never want to lead any projects, but I always have plenty of input on how the project should be ran. I don't get upset very easily but sometimes I do, however I never last very long upset, don't see the point in it. Specially with family, I always have this dream of keeping my family together and being upset at a sibling probably upsets me more than it does them.

I also get REALLY into things that I want to research, I'll easily spend hours looking into it, like right now I've been watching the TV Show Spartacus and that made me want to learn more about Spartacus so then I started looking up the info. Hours later I'm reading about Julius Caesar and his own rebellion. But I also tend to get bored easily once a certain level of knowledge is acquired.

I am also very good at explaining some more complex things in a way that most people can understand them, I write a lot of training documentation at work and people usually love it. However, I am also very much guilty of completely messing up something simple. For example, a family member just a few weeks ago asked me the simple question of "What tablet should I buy?". My email back to her was probably a few pages long. It included pictures of a few different ones that she may want to consider based on the use she is looking for and price. I also provided some basic specs of each and explanation of these specs. . . . Well she was more looking forward to me saying something like "Get the Amazon Kindle Fire".

I could be wrong on my decision but I certainly hope to keep learning more about this, but so far, I really like the idea that so many things that I used to think maybe I was just odd for, may just have a reason and I'm certainly not the only one who does them.

Thank You All!
You sounds very INTP.

I think that the reason why some INTPs believe that they are INFPs are that they care for other people. But INTPs are actually very caring for those they have chosen. We just have higher priority for logics and tend to forget persons feelings when discussing such topics.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
@Wayne

That is certainly one of the things that I was thinking about. I care greatly for my friends and my original idea of the INTP did not match that. Many times I've been told "just because you are willing to do so much for people don't expect them to do the same for you". I have never done anything expecting anything in return, but to me if I like someone and I can help someone then i will do this.

·
Banned
39 Posts
@Wayne

That is certainly one of the things that I was thinking about. I care greatly for my friends and my original idea of the INTP did not match that. Many times I've been told "just because you are willing to do so much for people don't expect them to do the same for you". I have never done anything expecting anything in return, but to me if I like someone and I can help someone then i will do this.
Typical INTP as well willing to help without asking anything in return.

Wikipedia is said to be built by INTPs for a reason. :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts